SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What does God say about finding a mate?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
artemioL

What does God say about finding a mate?

Can anyone share some Biblical knowledge on this subject. Any help would be appreciated

2006/8/18 19:13Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: What does God say about finding a mate?

Hi Artemio, and welcome to sermonindex!

"What does God say about finding a mate?"

You mean about wife right?

I believe that God will find the mate for you, just put all trust in His hands and seek the Lord.

House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the LORD.
-Proverbs 19:14

Take this promise of God and keep it close to your heart.

Very good article on this subject - [url=http://www.gospeljohn.com/dating.htm]The Match Maker[/url]

God bless you brother.
Kire

2006/8/18 21:55Profile

Hi artemioL,

There are a many stories in the Bible, which describe different ways that men were introduced to their future wives. There are also different ways of interpreting these, but, I think it is worth reading some of them, and seeing whether God places one particular story (or aspect of it) in your heart... for Him to accomplish.

If you'd like some scripture references, please say.

2006/8/19 8:51
artemioL

Re:

Please dorcas :), and does anyone else have a say on this subject?

2006/8/21 0:38Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
a prudent wife is from the LORD.

I am desiring a wife. I do pray she is godly, chaste, viritious above all else. God will definetly have to some how bring her to me.

2006/8/21 0:49Profile

Hi artemioL,

I notice from sermonindex's response, that he is thinking of Adam (and Eve - God brought Eve to Adam Gen 2) and perhaps, Isaac (Gen 24).

But there are other accounts in the Bible of things happening differently. For instance, when Jacob ran away to his uncle's home, he met Rachel. And from Leah's point of view, God brought her husband to her, too. (Gen 29)

Then, there is Judges 19 - 21. This is a chilling story (which has a great deal in it to consider, to understand the culture in which it happened), but nevertheless, you'll see where 'finding a mate' comes in, if you persevere.

You should also give some consideration to the instructions God gave Levi (the priests), because we are priests.

Exodus 21
13 And he shall take a wife in her virginity.
14 A widow, or a divorced woman, or profane, [or] an harlot, these shall he not take: but he shall take a virgin of his own people to wife.

I believe that under the New Covenant, all these conditions (states of a woman or man) become a matter of spiritual rather than physical importance, since Jesus died for our sin(s), to those who receive Him. The washing of regeneration rectifies people who receive it. (Titus 3:5)

If you do a word search of 'to wife' in the KJV, you will find references which should make you see how un-lovey-dovey matchmaking was, at times.

In contrast to this, read one of the constraints under the Old Covenant, of those who took it upon themselves to choose their own sexual partner without having married her first.

Deuteronomy 22:29
Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty [shekels] of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

2006/8/22 11:19
artemioL

I haven't read all of this but this has some pretty good principles in general,

Sex Love and Marriage: The Christian Approach by Zac Poonen
http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/book_window.php?book=sex_love_and_marriage

any other articles/books that can help on this subject?

2006/8/24 1:14Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy