SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Billy Graham says unbelievers may be saved without faith in Jesus Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

[b]roaringlamb[/b] gets it.

And before someone accuses me of bashing Billy Graham... all I am saying about him is I believe him to be amazingly wrong on this.

Krispy

2006/8/18 14:45
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
by roaringlamb on 2006/8/18 19:02:04

I am posting this simply to show that this belief of Graham's is not new. One would also have to question the fact that he has an honourary doctorate from a Roman Catholic College. Also concerning would be some of his comments when pope John 2 died, especially how the pope and Mr. Graham preached the same gospel?

The following is from a transcript of an appearance by Billy Graham on Robert Schuller’s “Hour of Power,” program #1426 entitled Say “Yes” To Possibility Thinking, which was originally broadcast May 31, 1997:

Indeed, we have been here before I think [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=4227&forum=35&post_id=&refresh=Go]Billy Graham exposed?[/url]

2006/8/18 14:56Profile

Re:

Quote:
Graham: "................... I’ve met people in various parts of the world in tribal situations, that they have never seen a Bible or heard about a Bible, and never heard of Jesus, but they've believed in their hearts that there was a God, and they’ve tried to live a life that was quite apart from the surrounding community in which they lived."

I can agree that the ones mentioned above will find eternal life because of the shed Blood of Jesus simply because of Rom 5.1. However I can't agree with the following from Mr. Graham:

Quote:
"And that’s what God is doing today, He’s calling people out of the world for His name, whether they come from the Muslim world, or the Buddhist world, or the Christian world or the non-believing world, they are members of the Body of Christ"

I am open for adjustment on this:

#1. God isn't doing that and has never done it except to the Apostle Paul who then was compelled to leave his old theology and embark on the revelation of Jesus Christ. Ergo, whoever God calls He calls to be transformed to the likeness of His Son, to be filled with all of the attributes found only in Him. So the saying remains in my heart: God saves me as I am and calls me into His Glorious light to take on the yoke of Christ that I might be chosen to pull His Carriage.

Orm

2006/8/18 15:00

Re: Billy Graham says unbelievers may be saved without faith in Jesus Christ

Quote:
He’s calling people [b]out of the world[/b] for His name, whether they come [u]from[/u][b] the Muslim world[/b], or [b]the Buddhist world[/b], or [b]the Christian world[/b] or [b]the non-believing world[/b], they are members of the Body of Christ"

It seems to me there is a lack of English comprehension here, by some of you readers, if you imagine Billy Graham is saying their will be Muslims, Buddhists and non-believers in the Body of Christ. He said OUT OF. Just like those of us who came from Christian backgrounds had to come OUT OF it, to find Christ.

Going back to my original point, Krispy, the law was / had been for the Jews. Gentiles didn't have it. Paul is simply saying what James reiterates later, but including the option that if one knows to do good AND DOES GOOD, then one has not sinned.....

I'm not a universalist at all, but, [i]you[/i] have to take into account prophecies like Psalm 22 - a millenium before Christ - and admit you have NO IDEA what God may have revealed to people who never heard a gospel which mentioned Jesus.

James 4:17
Therefore to him that [u]knoweth[/u] to do good, [u]and doeth it [b]not[/b], to him it is sin[/u].

beenblake said:
Quote:
For all I know, Jesus could have come to her just before she died in a vision disclosing the entire gospel, and she believed. We don't know all the ways in which God works.

This comment reminds me of a testimony I read in an Open Doors magazine many years ago. A girl of eight, in the days of communist atheism in the USSR had fallen into a deep pond and was drowning. When she got home, she told her mother that a man had rescued her, diving into the icy water and fishing her out. She said He told her His name was Jesus.

2006/8/19 8:09

Re:

Does not anyone find it a bit odd that Mr Graham's 8-14 interview with Newsweek coincides with Warren's TV thing on Fox this Sunday, 8-20?

Orm

2006/8/19 12:34
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

It's only odd if you don't know that Rupert Murdoch who owns FOX also owns Zondervan, and Harper Collins which publishes Rick and Billy's books. Mr. Murdoch himself is a staunch Roman Catholic.
Another thing to make you wonder. How is it that Zondervan can print the NIV bible in China in factories while it is illegal to own a bible in China (unless approved by the Three Self Party)?

2006/8/19 12:55Profile

Re:

Interesting, indeed.

Good folk of God need to wake up to the "bewitching" that is taking place.

2006/8/19 13:50

Re: Billy Graham says unbelievers may be saved without faith in Jesus Christ

Quote:

Orm,

I read this the other day, and wanted to wait for your response in the other thread (A Critical Spirit), as you seemed, there, to be disagreeing when I said something very similar.

Right now, my day has not permitted me enough time to read all the OC you recommended in the other thread, but, if it doesn't answer my question there, then I'll be back to ask what you mean here.... ;-)

2006/8/21 13:22

Re:

Quote:
How is it that Zondervan can print the NIV bible in China in factories while it is illegal to own a bible in China (unless approved by the Three Self Party)?

Good question... a bit off the topic, but that is another good reason to avoid the NIV.

Krispy

2006/8/21 14:24

Re:

Quote:

dorcas wrote:
Quote:

Orm,

I read this the other day, and wanted to wait for your response in the other thread (A Critical Spirit), as you seemed, there, to be disagreeing when I said something very similar.

Right now, my day has not permitted me enough time to read all the OC you recommended in the other thread, but, if it doesn't answer my question there, then I'll be back to ask what you mean here.... ;-)

I'm patient .. working on more of it :-(

Read all ythat before coming back at me

Orm

BTW, anybody view the Rick Warren thing on Fox last night?

2006/8/21 14:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy