SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Thou shall not kill

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 )
PosterThread

Re: Krispy, in the flash of a heartbeaty

Bartle....

One thing to keep in mind while our country is at war is that during the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, WWI, WWII, etc... there were areas of our country that really were uneffected, with the exception of rationing. I have FOUR, count 'em... 1, 2, 3, 4 boys... I know how you feel! But let's keep in mind that life does not come to an end because of whats going on in the Middle East, or because we're deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan. People have to continue on... it's part of what keeps our sanity.

Like if a spouse dies... should we wallow in it forever? No, life goes on.

What is it that you want folks to do? Personally I get a little miffed at people who arent driving less. I get really fired up when Exxon posts $10 billion in PROFIT in 3 months. Those things go on... but what am I supposed to do? Tell ya what I'm gonna do... I'm gonna continue to share my faith with others, continue to coach football, continue to have an influence, continue to mentor families who are just now getting into homeschooling....

I don't fear whats happening in the Middle East. Personally I hope things intensify so the Lord will come back sooner! Of course, I don't want people to suffer over there... please understand what I mean by that.

I don't fear gas prices. God said He would supply all my needs. I have apprehension about my kids' futures... who wouldn't? But are my kids mine? No. They belong to God, and whatever happens to them is up to God. Not me. I cant control the future. So I leave them to the Lord. I would never want them to go to war because I've seen it with my own eyes, but if they ever had to then I would be proud of them for being men and facing whatever comes their way.

I'm not crazy about talk radio either (altho I am fond of Glenn Beck because he does add some humor to things).... but hey, they have a right to broadcast. And I hate the right and left thing too. I generally vote right because of abortion, but I would vote for Joe Leiberman if I was able to, and he isnt right, but he is pro-life. See, it's not about right or left, it's about right or wrong. And sometimes the "right" is not so "right"... sometimes they are wrong.

So I say all that to say this... you and I have a lot in common. And in the future, if you read something I wrote and you find that steam is blowing out your ears... keep in mind that we are actually quite alike, and that I would not intentionally do something to offend you. Please consider that perhaps I didn't express myself the way I wanted to. Just ask me for clarification.

There have been a number of people here on this forum who when they first bumped into me thought I was gruff and mean-spirited, and I've been called out on a number of occasions by a few folks... but after they got to know me better found out that I have an out of control sense of humor, that I have a heart as big as a mountain, and I'm just a cuddly ball of fuzz.

... maybe not so cuddly. At least not for you... you're a dude.

Forgiveness granted, my brother.

Krispy

2006/8/24 14:17

Re: Praise God Krispy..

for a heart filled with Christ, and my God keep his hand over your dear wife and four boys, and may God keep his hand over your house and provision

2006/8/24 15:59

Re:

Same to you, Ne..., uhmm, er... Bartle!

Krispy

2006/8/24 16:24
AWA40-2

Re:

Good Afternoon,

My Name is Mr. Dorsey and I will be your pilot for today. Along side of me is Mr. Germosa who will be assisting me. We will be flying at an altitude of 20,000 feet
(6,000 m) fair-in-height. During our flight we will encounter some turbulence due to the climax as we cross over from one state to the next. I will be taking a short cut due to our 2 hour delay in Pittsburg. Our flight today is approximately 4 hours and 50 mins and our destination will be Buenos Aires, where the weather is 90 decrees and Sunny.

During our flight you will see the seat belt sign flash on when reaching turbulence and off when it is safe to walk aboard the aircraft.

For your enjoyment we will be serving 3 different box lunches for a cost of $5.00. I would also like to inform you that flying with us today first class is President Bush and President Kennedy – (What a unique style).

In the seat in front of you you will find some literature speaking to you about the Boeing 757 aircraft. Please Read;

The single-aisle Boeing 757 is in a class by itself when it comes to economics and airport performance. The 757 has the lowest operating cost per seat-mile of any single-aisle jetliner in its class and a lower cost per trip than any twin-aisle airplane.
The Boeing 757-200 is known for exceptional fuel efficiency, low noise levels, increased passenger comfort and top operating performance. The 757 offers versatility by reducing airport congestion; it can fly both long- and short-range routes and its broad use effectively lends itself to "hub-and-spoke" planning.

Here is an overview;

Customers who choose Boeing get more than just a great airplane, they also get the industry's most complete selection of aviation support products and services.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is the world's premier commercial jetliner manufacturer --
• Because of its complete focus on airplane operators and the passengers they serve.
The Boeing family of products and services --
• Deliver superior design, efficiency and support to airline customers and allow passengers to fly where they want to go, when they want to go.
One of four operating groups within The Boeing Company, Commercial Airplanes is headquartered in Renton, Wash., under the leadership of President and Chief Executive Officer Alan Mulally.

Please seat back and enjoy your flight and thank you once more for flying ~BeACE

((FastenSeatbelts))

You Hypocrites! Isaiah was prophesying about you when he said,
These people honorme with their lips, but their hearts are faraway, their worship is a farace, for they replace God’s commands with their own man-made teachings.

((Unfasten Seatbelts))

Evil words come from an evil heart and defile the person who says them, for from the heart come evil thoughts, murder (killing) you know the rest.

((FastenSeatbelts))

Oh No you don’t want to hear from, for now I speak and I will say what he wants me to say. But, you already knew this right. If you recall and please feel free to close the book why read it, were these not your words Clint East Wood at one time?

If you recall the beginning of this thread was Thou Shall Not Kill referring to Jesus speaking Love your enemies.

I have been meditating on this, and pondering this, and just waiting for God to reveal something to me. I have spent the last 4 days with this on my mind like you have no idea.

Jesus speaks about Love 77 times in his book but why because God is Love and what happens when you pray for what you call enemy we know who and what are enemy is and I must agree with Bradw and say Right On Bro! Pardon my slang or my misspell someone get that girl some glass PLEASE.

What happens when you begin to pray for others are they changed? Does the prayer reach them? Yes But What Happens To You? God Begins to change your heart, create in me a clean heart oh God, search my heart and see if there be any wickedness in it. Remove from me this heart of Stone and give me a heart of Flesh, let me feel the pain that others are in and please anoint my lips so that when I speak your words they may be used as a healing balm, and anoint them when your word must come forth as a sword – nice job in the mighty name of Jesus.

God begins to change your heart. Bless those who persecute you -- why because it is better to give then to receive, but what else happens it begins to change You inside.

I agree that God is a God of war, and yes you will find throughout scripture in the old testament proof of this. However, look closely who he chose and what did they do? They waited on Him and waited for confirmation. It is foolish to speak all of this, that, and the other don’t tell me tell your brother stuff, without first waiting on Him.
Did he tell you to say that, or did you just choose to say it out of your own free will.

((Unfasten Seatbelts))

I agree that Jesus is not a smurf in fact he was bold but he was wise and he knew when to speak and when to be quiet.

@copyright

2006/8/24 17:16Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy