SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are the healed saved?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Santana

Are the healed saved?

Greetings. I’m new here and I got on here to ask questions more than comment on things. I believe this website to be the best in feedback I can trust.

I’m going to try and word my question as best as possible. I picked up a bible for the first time 5 years ago when I got saved but unfortunately am not where I should be in my Bible knowledge right now. There’s been a stirring in my heart I can’t explain for the last few months. A cry for the Truth. I used to attend a very Holy-Spirit filled, Bible believing church in the city and now have moved to Suburbia, USA. The services, preaching, and worship are not enough and I continue to "church shop", since I'm always left dry and empty.

(Because of this website I've been hearing Wilkerson, Washer, Ravenhill, Tozer, etc. It's so hard now to find a good church after that kind of teaching.) :-P

Last night during a service, it was testimonies of how God took away drug addictions, depression, and healed marriages. Great! But the whole service was about that. Not once did I hear we need Jesus because we are sinners and need a savior or anything similiar to that. Then I thought about all the people Jesus healed (blind, deaf, and lame) and wonder if they were saved? Jesus touched them but did they accept him? Don’t you have to accept Jesus as Lord and follow him to be saved? Are most churches in America calling people out just to be healed/happy?

2006/8/17 18:54Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Are the healed saved?

Welcome Santana, glad to hear you've already found some of the rich resources here at SI. May I humbly suggest you also dive into some sermons from Keith Daniel and Zac Poonen.

Quote:
Then I thought about all the people Jesus healed (blind, deaf, and lame) and wonder if they were saved? Jesus touched them but did they accept him? Don’t you have to accept Jesus as Lord and follow him to be saved?

Many of the healings, as recorded in the gospels, came as the result of a prayer for mercy. For example, the two blind men sitting by the roadside cried out, "Have mercy on us O Lord, thou son of David." Also, the ten lepers cried out from a distance, "Jesus,have mercy on us."
Jesus didn't question them about the law or how righteous they were. Out of His great compassion and love, He healed them all.

Yet only one of the lepers came back and gave God glory. I guess the other nine got all that they really wanted. What a shame when there was so much more. The gospels also say that Jesus went into many towns and they would bring all their sick and possessed and he would heal them. It was a demonstration of His incredible compassion for those who suffered, but His word to all them that would follow Him was always the same, to take up the cross and deny themselves. It's interesting that of all those multitudes He healed, still there was only 120 in the upper room at Pentecost.

Also, keep praying about a church to attend, the Lord is faithful to lead you to a fellowship of His choosing. Just remember, you're never going to find the perfect church, and if you do, it won't be perfect any more after you join it. :-P

In Christ,

Ron

2006/8/17 20:46Profile
Santana

Re:

Good point about only 120 being in the upper room. I'll check those guys out. Thanks for the feedback.

2006/8/18 15:12Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

ive heard a womans testimony that she attended a meeting a man prayed for her...she was half paralysed from h horseriding accident...so she couldent move her arm and and one leg...but when this man prayed for her she feelt better and in the next few weeks she became almost completly healed now she could do al things she couldent do before...she said it was a miracle...but she said she dident still belive in god...or jesus...but she said she knows something happend that night...

i was amazed at she experiensed this miracle and still would not accept christ as lord...but i guess unbelivers can get healed and experience miracles

gods peace to you
christian

2006/8/18 16:04Profile

Re: Are the healed saved?

Hello Santana,

Are the healed saved?

I don't believe so, unless they also understand and respond to the gospel of Jesus Christ.

If you study Jesus' ministry, you will find His exhortation 'freely you have received, freely give' associated with healing.

When did He [i]ever[/i] tell a person that unless they believed IN HIM that He would not heal them or the person for whom they requested prayer. They were asked to believe that He could heal - that's all.

If you look at the man at the Beautiful Gate of the temple (Acts 3), you'll find that it wasn't till he'd gone running and leaping and praising God into the temple, that Peter began to preach.

2006/8/19 8:34

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy