SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Why are the Jews (Shem) Hated by so many Europeans & Russians (Japheth)? ...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Rahman

Why are the Jews (Shem) Hated by so many Europeans & Russians (Japheth)? ...

In light of current events i pray our Lord's leading on this question to open up some clarification ...

i keep hearing the Iranians/Persians (of Japheth's line via Madai) refer to Israel (Shems line) as the Zionist ... So i began to dig and came across this wonderful cross referenced site;

Zionism - Definition and Early History (written) -
http://www.mideastweb.org/zionism.htm

i bless God for such info because it makes things plainer as to how (in the natural) things have come to where they are in the middle east, even tho in my day to day, and here on SI, most folks aren't interested in such info ... So i bless God for SI, and those of you who are, to the enabling of discussion ...

It seems that British support ...

British Support for Jewish Restoration -
http://www.mideastweb.org/britzion.htm

... towards the repatriation of Jews to a "homeland" was three pronged;

1 - Theologically - Because some branches of British Protestantism believed that the second coming of Christ would only come after the Jews were reestablished in their land.

2 - Antisemitically - Because establishment of a Jewish homeland would be a convenient way to rid Europe of "the Jewish problem".

3 - Imperialistically - Because a Jewish Palestine would be an excellent excuse for a British protectorate there, and might serve as a solution for the "Eastern Question." - (Tho i might add that Israel's importance to Britain in this way eventually ceased as a decree in 1944 by Pres. Roosevelt as to what part of the oil pie was theirs greatly swayed them towards alliance with Iran) ...

But #2 got me to wondering why there was even a sense of "a Jewish problem" in Europe and Russia in the first place ... It's pretty plain why the Arab muslims (descendants of Shem via Abraham/Ishmael) hate the Jews ... And i believe our Lord has made it plain to me the initial rift between the Hamitic (African) and Shemitic lines, but why between the Japhethic (European & Russian) toward the Shemitic? ...

In some research i'd done previously this scripture stood out to me in regards the Hamitic lines disdain to Shem;

Gen.9
[24] And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.
[25] And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.
[26] And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.
[27] God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

What i'm about to post are thoughts i have on this matter, but i'm open to our Lord's correction/furtherance of info from others ... i'm seeking further understanding here ...

It seems to me this hatred of Shem's line (Jews most pointedly - as His chosen people) by Ham's lines (Canaanites/Africans) started here in Gen. 9 with this curse of "servitude to Shem" leveled at Ham's son Canaan ... i also noticed that in Hebrew Shem's name means: name, and that HaShem means: The Name, which is a reference to God Himself ... From this i concluded that even way back then HaShem (the Name) has called out Shem (name) to Himself, and this seems pretty evident in that Noah refered to "the Lord God" only "of Shem" and not the other two ... This exclusivity (to me) seems the seed of beginning for "anti-Shemitism", or anti "the name [people] called out by the Name) ... It's like the sibling rivalry/jealousy generated in a family where the parent(s) show favoritism ...

In further study i found that Nimrod, Ham's grandson via Cush, was the first to be set up as a mighty man in the earth, in opposition to God, and was the willing instrument of satan in attempting Babel, all under the motivation of establishing a substitute name (Shem) for themselves apart from the Shem chosen by God ... It is my understanding that Babel was actually satans initial attempt, via man, to set up his alternate plan (religion and government) apart from God's intended plan coming thru Shem's line, and that he had a willing participant in Ham's line because of the hatred infested in them by Noah's curse ... It also seems to me that somehow the descendants of Ham (Africans today), having gotten off on the wrong foot spiritually way back then and becoming of use to satan, are still collectively suffering from it today, just as the descendants of Canaan are still suffering in Palestine ... It also seems to me that tho there still may be anti-Shemitism amongst descendants of Ham presently, the horrid state of welfare for Ham's lineage today leaves little energy from them for robust anti-Shemitsm but not so from Japhet's lineage, which leads me to this thread's title: Why are the Jews (Shem) Hated by so many Europeans & Russians (Japheth)? ...

Seems to me that Japheth's lineage should have no beef with the Jews at all for in Gen. 9 Noah leveled no curse at them, in fact he said, "God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem" ... History proves God has truly done so with the european, they not only spread out all over Europe and Russia but the western europeans (particularly the British) spread out all over the world in colonization ...

Don't stone me here, i'm just wondering out loud: WHY??? ...

1 - Does it have anything to do with tho Noah said that God would enlarge Japheth, he also said "Japheth shall dwell in the tents of Shem?" ...

2 - Does anyone know exactly what this "dwelling" means, i don't? ---

Does it mean that somehow Japheth's lineage even today, as prosperous as they are, could be reacting badly to some sense of spiritual dependancy and/or a similar Hamitic type more subconscious feeling of second class status to the Jew as God's chosen people? ...

Or could it mean that Japheth's enlargement would eventually become so all encompassing that it would include and lord over even Shem's possession, say as the once dominant position of European Imperialism there ...

-The First World War and European Imperialism in the Middle East -
Under - Fall 2002: Readings for Wed., Nov. 20, 2002, in HIS 3995-02:: Topics in European History: European Imperialism in the 19th-20th Centuries:
http://www11.homepage.villanova.edu/jeffrey.johnson/

... and ...American dominion over Arab oil lands and/or as America's protection over Israel today?

U.S. Intervention in the Middle East -
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article6308.htm

3 - It can be argued that once european Protestants and Catholics viewed Jews as Christ killers and thus the hatred, but since Christianity of any denom is waning in western europe and much of Russia doesn't believe in Christ at all then what's the excuse now for increasing anti-Shemitism? ...

4 - Is it as simple as just a dislike for a Jewish closed society within their own, and a perception that Jews seem to prosper wherever they go? ...

5 - Is it because Israel has brought this hatred on themselves, or is God's allowing the devil to cause it, or is God orchestrating it toward Israel Himself? (On this note i love to review history past in reference to the Jew and the nations, and how both people interact ... How the Jew from God's bringing them forth on the earth have been at the center of world controversy, but were not adversly affected as long as they followed hard after God ... i also find it amazing that even in man's ability to acquire nuclear WMD worthy of fulfilling the Revelation's descriptions, they were brought about via the minds of so many brilliant Jews) ...

So WHY do you think from a natural (or super-natural) perspective, so many Europeans and Russians are still so anti-Shemitic? ...

2006/8/17 15:49Profile

Re: Why are the Jews (Shem) Hated by so many Europeans & Russians (Japheth)? ...

Being British, I'm having trouble identifying the degree of antisemitism you imply, Rahman.

Also, I'd point out that it is not as straightforward as blood lines. If you search for the %of Jews in the US, you'll find they are descended from discreet pool which maintained its genetic separation from other Europeans, through having embraced Judaism, rather than through being genetically Jewish (by any definition of physical Jewishness). But, this is complicated by the fact that Jews by blood descendancy would have been more likely to marry with others practising Judaism..

I may not be correct in the following thought, but, just as I believe the cries of anti-semitism which accompanied Mel Gibson's film were politically orchestrated, I think it's very likely the same has happened in Europe where anti-semitism occurs.

There is a book (whose name and author escapes me), which referred to the Ibos (Igbos)of Eastern Nigeria (which became Biafra - the first African genocide (of which we are aware) was against this group), as 'the Jews of Africa'. I don't have time to say much more about this in detail, but, the Biafran war was not just about oil. The Muslim element stirred up anti-Igbo feeling because of their Christian heritage following the work of Mary Slessor and other missionaries.

I find this a most interesting comparison now that some time has passed, and we see the same rise and fall of Muslim violence, often not sparing their own people, but focused against believers in the One True God and Jesus Christ His Son. Not just Ibos died in the Biafra conflict, and at one point 30,000 people a day were dying of starvation.

2006/8/18 10:03
Rahman

FOR THE RECORD ...

Regarding this subject, i want to point out that first and formost i approach it as a; Christian - A follower of Jesus Christ who views everything else from this high
vantage point ... The fact that secondly/nationwise God placed me an American and thirdly/ethnically of Hamitic descent, will never over-ride, or even coincide
with who's/what's first with me - namely: God and His Kingdom ... Everything else takes a back seat!!! ...

To anyone led to this thread i want to make it plain that if you're here to comment out of a defence of your nationality, or ethnicity, due to some of the info/comments/history from some of the links posted, and not as a Christian FIRST!, then you're missing the point, and i pray Holy Spirit restrain you from turning this thread away from it's purpose ...

AGAIN! - The purpose of this thread is in discussion of: WHY? - Even now in the 21st century, after WWI and 2, after the Holocaust, after reinstatement of Israel as a state in 1948, after the solution of Europe's so called Jewish problem via said state, does Europe and Russia still hate the Jews? ... And as an aside WHY? - America, whose also had it's dark side of anti-Shemitism has emerged as probably the safest haven for Jews today, and the sole protectorate of the tiny nation itself? ... If these people, as even some Christians believe, are "has beens" in the plan of God then why are they still hated so? ...

i have to admit that as a gentile, one grafted into the vine as a Christian, i'm totally fascinated by our Jewish history, the centuries long awesome burden of their having to bear God's name, Law, and plan toward the birthing of Jesus Christ, and the hatred for them in the spirit realm for being God's chosen by satan and his horde, that via his nations and people he's expressed toward the Jew ... i've often wondered of God just what He had in mind in the allowing of the Holocaust, and in retrospect i can see where such a horrific event quickly moved history toward the re-establishing of the Jew to the promised land ... And so for about the last year i've felt led of our Lord to really pray for the peace of Israel ... Tho this seems like an exercise in futility, as with my constant praying for REVIVAL, i must do what i feel led of our Lord to do ... i've also asked Him to make me of some benefit to Israel, and the Jewish people as a whole - especially in the realm of being able to witness to them ... i live in close proximity to a large Jewish community, and i can tell you that most are not very fond of the name Jesus, but if you mention a "third holocaust" that gets some attention ... Anyhow i believe our Lord has me in the very start of learning about them in ways that will be beneficial to such a tough witness ...

The following is a Jewish website i've joined to hear first hand what they believe;

AISHA AUDIO
http://www.aishaudio.com/?sid=wsig1e1mky4kiv8

2006/8/18 12:16Profile
Rahman

Anti-Semitism in Britain? ...

Hi Dorcas, thanks for engaging ...

Dorcas you wrote;
"Being British, I'm having trouble identifying the degree of antisemitism you imply, Rahman."

--- Praise God ... In the U.S. we keep getting reports of rising ant-semitism in Europe, so one of the reasons for this thread is in hopes of finding out first hand from saints who live in Europe what they see regarding anti-semitism to date ... i know that if i were a Jew, just based on history alone, i'd not be living anywhere in Europe ... One of the things i had noticed is that it seems America is far more supportive of Israel than the EU so that sent me on a quest as to why?

Here are some of the links i've read so far;

TIME MAGAZINE
Why Europe Sides Against the Jews
Why do so many Europeans reject America's view of the Middle East? -
http://www.time.com/time/columnist/printout/0,8816,232725,00.html
[color=FF0000](can't get link to work - so i'll post it)[/color]

Why does America tend to side with Israel and Europe with the Arabs? -
http://freelebanon.org/articles/a213.htm

Free Republic
The Demons of Europe -
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1051506/posts

Now your post has made me single out Britain in this research and this is what i've found:

Anti-semitism in the UK - last update 1998 -
http://www.axt.org.uk/antisem/archive/archive2/uk/uk.htm#Antisemitic

The New Antisemitism (in Britain) -
Last year, there were 375 anti-Jewish attacks in Britain—the second highest total since the figures were first collected and a 7 percent increase on 2002. Of course, this is nowhere near as bad as it is in other parts of Europe.
http://www.sullivan-county.com/news/mine/mp.htm

In the latter article it stated "Anti-semitsm in Britain is nowhere near as bad as it is in other parts of Europe" ... That's good to hear, and stands for reason as the UK doesn't seem to be so much an ally of the EU as it is of the U.S. ---

Dorcas you wrote;
"Also, I'd point out that it is not as straightforward as blood lines. If you search for the % of Jews in the US, you'll find they are descended from discreet pool which maintained its genetic separation from other Europeans, through having embraced Judaism, rather than through being genetically Jewish (by any definition of physical Jewishness). But, this is complicated by the fact that Jews by blood descendancy would have been more likely to marry with others practising Judaism"

--- I'm not quite sure where you're going here, but it does seem to me that Jews have been pretty good at keeping marriage amongst themselves as of fellow physical/genetic ancestry ... Tho in America there's probably more Jewish/gentile marriages than anywhere else, but then part of Americas culture seems to be the freedom to go against the grain (ask the RCC) ... But it does seem to me that "lineage", particularly the one stemming from Abraham, was and still is important to God, and that to me seems to be the main reason why satan (thru nations and people) manifests his hatred toward the jew, and no collectively the nation of Israel ... Israel has a long history of God raising nations for and against Israel ---

Dorcas you wrote;
"I may not be correct in the following thought, but, just as I believe the cries of anti-semitism which accompanied Mel Gibson's film were politically orchestrated, I think it's very likely the same has happened in Europe where anti-semitism occurs."

--- i agree, tho to me "in the natural" such cries come across as "political" or even "religious" in the supernatural they are of the devil in the sense that he also uses blind Jewry to discount anything regarding Christ ... This whole issue about "anti-semitism" with many a Jew is almost inextricably linked to their own "anti-Christian" stance due to the atrocities committed against them in times past by over zealous Christians" ... So satan had/has a double edged sword here ... He deludes the gentile nations, some proclaiming Christ, to hate, persecute, and kill the Jew, then uses that hatred, particularly coming from nations claiming Christianity, to the Jews even further rejecting of Christ ... What a trickster the devil is, thank God for Jesus to the healing of such blindness, tho often even with saints it takes a couple of steps toward clear vision

As to the rest of your comment about the Igbos being called "the Jews of Africa" because of being slaughtered by muslims for their Christian faith, i can see the parallel but i'm soley interested in anti-semitsm and why it continues to be a front burner issue

Blessings in Jesus! ---

2006/8/18 12:25Profile
Rahman

Why Europe Sides Against the Jews ...

Monday, Apr. 22, 2002
Why Europe Sides Against the Jews
Why do so many Europeans reject America's view of the Middle East?
By MICHAEL ELLIOTT

As a teenager growing up in Britain, I remember saying prayers at our church for the safety of Israel during the 1967 Six-Day War. For my friends and me, Israel's great Defense Minister, the one-eyed Moshe Dayan, was an authentic hero. One night, I remember, the BBC aired a tribute to Dayan using as a sound track the Who's I Can See for Miles, which we thought was pretty cool. In the late '60s spending time on a kibbutz was a fashionable way for European teens to bridge the gap between school and university. As far as I could judge as a young man, widespread European sympathy for Israel — the sense that Israelis were the good guys in the Middle East — extended through the horrors of the Munich massacre in 1972 and the October War of 1973.

Yet now the streets of Europe are filled with rallies that support the Palestinians and condemn Israel. Listening to a radio broadcast on BBC World last week, I was struck by an anchor's air of incomprehension at a demonstration in Washington in support of Israel: Weren't the Americans, she asked a correspondent, really rather "simple" when it came to the realities of the Middle East? Many American Jews, not surprisingly, are furious at the European response. For nations responsible for the Holocaust to ignore the horrors of suicide attacks on Israeli targets, to shut their ears to the hate for Jews that spews from the Arab media, seems unforgivable. American Jews ask why European peace activists go to Ramallah and Nablus rather than Netanya and Jerusalem. In an essay in the New York Observer, Ron Rosenbaum wrote wrenchingly of a "dynamic" that "suggests that Europeans are willing...to be complicit in the murder of Jews again."

Why do Americans and Europeans see the tragedy of the Middle East in such different ways? In one view, the root cause lies in reactions to the attacks of Sept. 11; Americans have developed a deep hatred of terrorism and identify the Palestinian suicide bomber as a species of the same genus as an al-Qaeda mass murderer. But this tale is deeper and darker than that. In any event, all five of the largest West European countries — Germany, Britain, France, Italy and Spain — have good reasons of their own to detest terrorism.

A possible explanation for European support of the Palestinian cause is that Europe's media have long been better than their U.S. counterparts at covering the misery of Palestinians. I would date the growth of European sympathy for the Palestinian cause to Israel's 1982 incursion into Lebanon, and especially to the massacre by Israel's Lebanese allies of Palestinian refugees in the camps of Sabra and Shatila — an outrage for which an official Israeli inquiry held Ariel Sharon indirectly responsible. Sharon, ever since, has been a hate figure for the European left. Europeans who grew up after 1945 have developed a loathing for those who seek to prosecute political ends by military means. Sharon's willingness these past weeks to send tanks into refugee camps — whatever the provocation — touches too many raw nerves.

There's more. To an extent that few Americans understand, modern Europeans have a deep sense of guilt about their colonial adventures. (Indeed, they have much to feel guilty about.) Frantz Fanon's The Wretched of the Earth, a chilling catalog of French atrocities in Algeria and a cry to listen to those denied a voice, is one of the post-1945 era's most influential European books. All this has had an effect. It was easy for Europeans to be on the side of Israel when, as in 1967 and 1973, it seemed to be fighting a defensive war against those who wished to eliminate the Jewish state. But as Jewish settlements grew in the West Bank, Europeans became uneasy. Israel seemed to be adopting a policy of colonization that to modern European eyes was not just morally reprehensible but also bound to end in tears.

Clearly, for some Jews these rationalizations are beside the point. Europeans, they argue, are just plain anti-Semitic. They naturally "portray Jews as the real villains," says Rosenbaum; they always have, always will. Well, I just don't believe this about the post-1945 generations of Europeans, though I suspect that's because I don't want to. But, undeniably, past European anti-Semitism has had a bitter effect on present European attitudes. Put at its crudest, most Europeans know very few Jews; they killed too many of them. In America there is a thriving community for whom the survival of Israel is a passionate commitment; in Europe there isn't. No number of school lessons or church sermons about the Holocaust can overcome that humdrum truth.

So why do Europeans and Americans see the Middle East in such different ways? Above all, because the shadow and shame of the Holocaust reaches out of the past and lays a cold hand on our present understanding. All the prayers in the world won't make that grim truth go away.

2006/8/18 12:42Profile

Re: Anti-Semitism in Britain? ...

Hi Rahman,

Let me clarify

Quote:
because of

No, it was not because of. They were nicknamed 'Jews of Africa' because after they became Christians they turned their natural enthusiasm for living into a dynamic ability to learn (through having been educated - this includes women, of course) and to take well-paid jobs. They were also amongst the first wave of Africans to have attended British Universities. It was all this, which attracted hostility from their Muslim neighbours in the other parts of Nigeria where they frequently found work.

It is almost coincidental that they were nicknamed Jews of Africa by the author whose work I can't find (must be in a book by another title) and whose name I can't remember. Certainly, they did not have that nickname before the genocide. Do you see what I mean?

2006/8/18 13:43
lastblast

Michigan

Re: Why Europe Sides Against the Jews ...

Rahman,

I don't know about Europe's rejection of Jews (by taking the side of the Palestinians), but I do know I have recently heard many anti-semitic lately from my own extended family members. Racisim just grieves me beyond belief---no matter where it comes from or who it's directed against.

In any case, I can only conclude that this hatred against the Jews is truly a spiritually initiated thing. It is made even more apparent to me because the hatred I see firsthand is coming from people who are not Muslim, but from "professing" Christians---those who should feel some kind of "brotherhood" with the Jew---but in their lostness have succombed to the Devil's "whisperings" about the Jewish people. The same spirit that caused the destruction of millions of Jewish people in the 1940's is alive and well today--------and whispering the same "venomous rhetoric" that caused the atrocities which occurred in WWII.

2006/8/18 13:56Profile
Rahman

Re: Anti-Semitism in Britain? ...

Dorcas you wrote;
"They were nicknamed 'Jews of Africa' because after they became Christians they turned their natural enthusiasm for living into a dynamic ability to learn and to take well-paid jobs. They were also amongst the first wave of Africans to have attended British Universities. It was all this, which attracted hostility from their Muslim neighbours in the other parts of Nigeria where they frequently found work."

--- OK, are you exampling this as to why so many people hate Jews ... That being that many Jews seem industrious and have a tendency to prosper where-ever they settle, while most of the indigenous folk are content with their own laziness until such industriousness shows them up, then instead of blaming themselves for their lot in life they blame the new minority? ... If so then i've experienced the same thing from American Africans who view Jamaican and African imigrants to the U.S. as greedy, and money grubbing because they'll work three jobs ... On this subject this may apply ...

Of times past (particularly in WW2 Germany) historians have classified six explanations as to why people hated the Jews:

Why Do People Hate The Jews?
http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/Why_Do_People_Hate_The_Jews.htm

1 - Economic -- "We hate Jews because they possess too much wealth and power."
2 - Chosen People -- "We hate Jews because they arrogantly claim that they are the chosen people."
3 - Scapegoat -- "Jews are a convenient group to single out and blame for our troubles."
4 - Deicide -- "We hate Jews because they killed Jesus."
5 - Outsiders, -- "We hate Jews because they are different than us." (The dislike of the unlike.)
-6 - Racial Theory -- "We hate Jews because they are an inferior race."

Lets just take the one on "economic" ... It's also a historical fact that the Jews of 17th-20th century Poland and Russia were dirt poor, had no influence and yet they were still hated (probably more so from the other 5 reasons to hate) ... Tho i know
in western europe there were many prominent and rich Jews, by percentage (they were a minority) to the rest of society i don't think they were dominant in the holding of majority wealth, tho i think they did alright ... i think the major problem was Germany, bankrupt after WWI, seething and ripening for satan's man Hitler, who in need of quick wealth and a rallying point for the sick minds in Germany latched on to the industrious outsiders, the Jews, as a solution ... This in the natural, but of course i believe something much more sinister on satans part in the super-natural ...

But in your bringing this up this made me think of this site and an offering of explanation why people, especially europeans, have a renewed sense of hate for the Jew based on old themes but with aslightly new twist:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1051506/posts

A Mutual Hating of Americanism & Zionism (my heading) -

Quote;
The routine pairing of Israel and America is surely the most interesting new motif in our old story, and has been well dissected by Natan Sharansky in these pages. How to interpret it? Again, one must beware of equating criticism with anti-ism and instead look for the classic telltale signs. They are there in abundance.

Stereotyping and denigration: The indictment of the United States comes in three parts. First, America is morally flawed. It executes its own people, and it likes to bomb other people. It is the land of intolerant fundamentalist religion. Selfish and self-absorbed, it refuses to ratify the International Criminal Court or agreements to protect the environment. It is "Dirty Harry" and "Globocop" rolled into one — an irresponsible and arrogant citizen of the world.

Second, America is socially retrograde: it is the fountainhead of a "predatory capitalism" (according to a former German chancellor) that denies social services to those who need them most. Instead of bettering the lot of its darker-skinned minorities, it shunts millions of them into prison. America accepts, nay, admires gross income inequalities and defies the claims of social justice.

Finally, America is culturally inferior. It gorges itself on fast food, wallows in tawdry mass entertainment, starves the arts, and prays only to one god, which is Mammon. It sacrifices the best of culture to pap and pop. In matters sexual, America is both prurient and prudish. It is a society where Europe's finest values — solidarity and community, taste and manners — are ground down by rampant individualism.

Demonization and obsession. The best shorthand statement under this heading is a cartoon on a Jordanian website in April 2002 that showed a jeep-like SUV, a pack of cigarettes with a Marlboro design, a can of Coca-Cola, and a hamburger — all dripping with blood. These, the cartoon insinuates, are the weapons that drive America's quest for global domination. They are meant to seduce, but the blood with which they are saturated symbolizes violent imposition. Yield to the seduction, and the price will be the loss of your own culture, dignity, and power.

Like any proper target of anti-ism, America is seen as omnipotent and omni-causal. America's is the hand that pulls all strings. The U.S. is the cause of poverty, despotism, and exploitation in the third world. Like any target of anti-ism, the U.S gets it coming and going: it is a threat to peace when it uses its fearsome power (Iraq) and a traitor to humanity when it does not (Rwanda as well as Bosnia/Kosovo before the bombing campaign).

The similarities with anti-Semitism are hard to escape. Like Jews, Americans are selfish and arrogant. Like Jews, they are in thrall to a fundamentalist religion that renders them self-righteous and dangerous. As classical anti-Semitism opposes the loving kindness of the New Testament to the vengeful God of the Old, rapidly de-Christianizing Europe likes to contrast its secular-humanist ethos with the harsh Calvinism of America. If the Jews bestride the world as the "Chosen People," Americans claim to live in "God's Own Country" while arrogating unto themselves, as a favorite anti-Bushism has it, a "divine mission."

Another mainstay of the anti-Semitic faith, anti-capitalism, has likewise passed smoothly from the Jews to the United States. Like Jews, Americans are money-grubbers who know only the value of money, and the worth of nothing. Like Jews, Americans are motivated only by profit. Relentlessly competitive ("pushy"), they are the solvents of social justice as they are of every worthy tradition. If the empire of international Jewry was built on finance and trade, America's is built on a "globalization" that exploits the helpless and kills jobs.

Here conspiracy rears its head. Again like the Jews, America is the mastermind extraordinaire, its hand behind every plot, even the immolation of the World Trade Center; in 2003, a half-dozen books on this theme became bestsellers in France and Germany. Echoing a classic indictment of "World Jewry," a poster during an anti-Bush demonstration in Berlin in 2002 read: "Stop Bush's Grab for Global Power!"

2006/8/18 14:32Profile
Rahman

Re: Anti-Semitism in America ...

Sis Cindy you wrote;
"I don't know about Europe's rejection of Jews (by taking the side of the Palestinians), but I do know I have recently heard many anti-semitic comments----from unsaved family members here in the good ol' USA" ...

---Amen, we're gonna hear it on this side of the pond too, and bless God that you're hearing it from un-saved, but i've noticed amongst my co-workers since 9/11 more of a sense commraderie with Israel, and a whole lot fewer anti-jewish comments ... Tho amongst those of us numbered conservatives, and myself as an outspoken Christian, we do bemoan this phenomena a bit;

From: Why does America tend to side with Israel and Europe with the Arabs?
http://freelebanon.org/articles/a213.htm

Quote:
"American sympathy for Israel and European support for the Arabs are essentially cultural statements, unrelated to the finer points of the ‘Palestinian question’. America supports Israel not because it’s Jewish but because it’s democratic. In fact, Republicans support Israel despite the Jews. American Jews are urban liberals and one of the Democratic party’s most reliable core demographics. There is no political benefit whatsoever to Bush in taking a ‘hard pro-Israel line’. Au contraire, Arab-Americans are just about the only immigrant group other than the Cubans that votes Republican. Yet that will never translate into GOP support for Arab states as presently constituted. My northern, rural, conservative neighbours are, when you prod ’em a little, mildly xenophobic and share a reflexive distaste for overt Jewishness. But they’ll always back Israel over Syria or Egypt because to them liberty trumps everything else. They are also under no illusions as to the kind of state an Arafat-led Palestine would be: if you gave him Switzerland to run, he’d turn it into a sewer. So Republicans look at Israel and see not Jews but a liberal democracy."

--- i support Israel first because as a Christian i believe i'm suppose to, then for more spiritually sentimental reasons ...

Also you might find this most interesting ...

Anti-Semitism and Prejudice in America
Highlights from an ADL Survey - November 1998
http://www.adl.org/antisemitism_survey/survey_main.asp

ANTI-SEMITISM IN AMERICA. 2002.
Highlights from a May 2002 Survey ... and monitor levels of anti-Semitism in the United States. ...
http://www.adl.org/anti_semitism/2002/as_survey.pdf

... you're unsaved relatives might become a little inscenced at what category they show up in on this subject ...

Blessings in Christ Jesus! ---

2006/8/18 14:55Profile
Rahman

Re: 2005 ADL Survey in 12 European Countries & America ...

This just gets more interesting as i go ...

i found that France seems to have the largest number of Jews in Europe, some 600,00, and the biggest increase in anti-semitism with a growing muslim population at around 6 million now (10% of the population) ... Looks to me like France is in trouble, and if i we're Jewish i wouldn't be there ... What's the old saying; "Those who don't learn from the lessons of history, are bound to repeat it" ...

On pages 12 & 25 of the European Survey those polled blamed the increase of anti-semetic incidents not so
much on old views of the Jewish population, but on what the state of Israel is doing in middle east particularly in reference to the Palestinians (and i bet it's worse now since Israel's bout with Hezbollah) ...

ADL WEBSITE -
http://www.adl.org/PresRele/ASInt_13/4726_13.htm

EUROPE -
6/7/05
ADL Survey in 12 European Countries Finds Anti-Semitic Attitudes Still Strongly Held
http://www.adl.org/anti_semitism/european_attitudes_may_2005.pdf

Notice pages 12 & 25

AMERICA -
4/4/05
Anti-Semitism - U.S. -
http://www.adl.org/PresRele/ASUS_12/4680_12.htm

2005 SURVEY -
http://www.adl.org/anti_semitism/Anti_Semitic_Attitudes_files/frame.htm

2006/8/18 16:11Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy