SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Concerning Bible Translations

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
artemioL

Concerning Bible Translations

What are some Bible Translations you folks would reccomend? For accuracy and such. I was raised in an IF Baptist church, but I've been interested in other translations. Any help would be appreciated!

2006/8/17 12:20Profile

Re: Concerning Bible Translations

Stick with what you were brought up with... KJV. At least until a modern translation comes out that is based on the same greek & hebrew manuscripts. Havent seen one yet...

Your first time posting and you begin a thread about Bible versions? Wow... jumping right into the fire! I like that!

By the way.. Welcome to SI!

Krispy

2006/8/17 13:59
NLONG

Middlebury, Indiana

Re: Concerning Bible Translations

I use a free bible program called E-sword. Dload from e-sword.net. It features more bible translations than you can shake a stick at. It is nice to compare verses from many translations. It isn't difficult to figure out (after a while) which ones to steer clear of.

KJV and NKJV are good versions. I also like "A literal version of the holy bible" by J.P.Green. Oh, ray comforts ministry "the way of the master" offers a "comfortable KJV" I think it's called the evidence bible. This is a good version for helps--doctrinal threads and quotes from godly men.

Honestly not a KJV onlyer here. My advice is pick one that you can trust and that you can read (as far as making sense to you) and LIVE IT! The narrow road doesn't involve only reading only the KJV, it involves sin.

Problem is that many modern versions seem to water down the Word so much it'll bout make ya sick. Chances are if its brand new, raise an eyebrow and be skeptical until you hear good reviews.

Thankfully though we don't all have to learn ancient Greek to study the Word. Although, that would be kinda cool to have a grip on!

2006/8/17 15:20Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I have personally found the NASB to be the most literal for studying purposes.

2006/8/17 16:47Profile
artemioL

Re:

Thanks Krispy! I look forward to participating in this forum. I've been lurking(I think that's the term) for a couple of months now.

2006/8/18 19:01Profile
RevKerrigan

South Central Kentucky

Re:

I like the NASB for studying as well as the Greek. For reading I like the NIV. I also like the NKJV.

2006/8/18 23:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy