SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Short and simple...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Short and simple...

I hope everyone reading this is ready... because we are truly standing on the edge. I believe it with all my heart. I have never felt such a stirring in my soul like I have over the past two weeks.

... come quickly, Lord Jesus!

Krispy

2006/8/15 16:22
MSeaman

Michigan

Re: Short and simple...

Hi Krispy,
would you care to elaborate? :)

2006/8/15 16:23Profile

Re:

No, I dont think I need to. All anyone needs to do is pay attention to whats happening in the world.

Krispy

2006/8/15 16:25
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

oh, I thought you meant something more specific... :-D

Amen and Amen!

I also say, Come Lord Jesus!!!

I'm at this moment listening to the audio version of 'Glorious Appearing.' Regardless of how anyone feels about that series, there is just something about hearing Jesus coming back and speaking to His people...the tears are streaming and I feel such a longing for that day...

2006/8/15 16:28Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I hope everyone reading this is ready... because we are truly standing on the edge. I believe it with all my heart. I have never felt such a stirring in my soul like I have over the past two weeks.

I have had such a home-sickness for Heaven, a desire for the things above that this earth has seemed as dross. The need for revival and holiness in the body of Christ has been overwhelming to me at times. I read this scripture this morning and my spirit leaped as it were:

"that he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a [b]glorious church[/b], not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish."
-Ephesians 5:26-27

Oh! a GLORIOUS CHURCH! God is raising up one, it will be holy unto Him. I thought on this and what joy and desire to be part of this CHURCH was in my heart. Yes, the end is very near, may we have the strength to live as we should. God let us not decieve ourselves but let us live eternity consience in time.

2006/8/15 16:35Profile
JFEdgar

Wellington, Ohio

Re: Short and simple...

I feel it too. More in the last few months than ever before. More of an urgency. We need to be watching.

I have even seen that urgency in people who would not generally otherwise be concerned with the end times. I have seen many 'christians' who are consumed with this life become more and more concerned for the return of the King. Even the secular world seems to be in some ways preparing. Flip through the multitude of history and culture channels and it is very common to find specials on "The Rapture" "The End Times" "Armageddon" "The Antichrist" and the end of the world. My homosexual (former) boss recently asked me what the bible says about the end of the world because, he believes, it "Cant go one much longer".

The signs seem to be there. How many nations and tribes have yet to hear the Gospel? Though the church in civilized nations has become impotent, look at how far the gospel has reached compared to 200 years ago. 200 years ago or less the first gospel missions were established in China, India, and the inner parts of Africa. Now there only remain many scattered villages and tribes throughout china, africa and south america that have yet to have the gospel preached to them. More and more of these are being reached every day. As they are reached, they are reached faster, because the villages that are reached often become "Missionary villages" and "missionary tribes" and go to reach other villages and tribes around them.

The weather is changing. The oil supply is running low. The Department of Energy has said that at the most, we have until around 2030 before the world's oil supply peaks. That is the longest-range estimate. Cultural tensions are tightening. The world is choosing sides. Things are aligning.

My 'end times' dreams are increasing in number. I do not ask for these dreams, and i rarely tell others about them. But they are so real... I wake up with sweat on my forehead and an urgency in my heart.

The Spirit has put an urgency in my heart in these past few months. We must watch. I wish the church would stop debating about at what point during the Trib He will come, and simply ask themselves if they are truly watching for Him in the way that He meant it. With their lives. I doubt if many of these end-times writers could honestly answer yes. Are you watching for the return of the King? Are you prepared? When He comes, will he be concerned with your doctrinal statement or the condition of your heart? Is your heart truly set on things above, minute by minute, in communion with the King?

I feel it coming too, brother.

Joe :)

2006/8/15 21:23Profile

Re:

It's interesting to me as well that unsaved people I know are really paying attention to the Middle East, and expecting something "big" to happen soon. I'm usually quite bold anyway, but I have been even more bold about my faith in the last month. I've downloaded sermons and made CD's and given them out to a number of unsaved people in the last week.

Speaking of that... here's a link to a 2 part sermon on the Middle East Crisis given by Pastor Leo Giovenetti of Mission Valley Christian Fellowship in San Diego, CA. I've given a bunch of these out this week:

http://www.mvcf.com/bible/media/MidEastCrisisSeries.asp

If you liked the Jack Hibbs messages on the Middle East Crisis then you will love this.

Nevertheless folks... I truly believe with all my heart that many of us on this forum will not taste death.

Krispy

2006/8/16 7:24

Re:

Quote:
The signs seem to be there. How many nations and tribes have yet to hear the Gospel? Though the church in civilized nations has become impotent, look at how far the gospel has reached compared to 200 years ago.

With sattelites and all that... if you think about it, there really isnt a spot on the earth where the gospel can not be told. The technology we have today has fulfilled many many prophecies that were impossible to fulfill just 100 years ago.

It's like around 1900 God stepped on the accelerator, and in 2000 He shifted into overdrive.

Krispy

2006/8/16 7:28

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy