SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Another Puritan Prayer....

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Onesimus4God

Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico

Another Puritan Prayer....

I really love these old prayers. Oh my Lord how we have lost so much and let such treasure be robbed without rebuke. Lord help us all to go back to where faith moved mountains of unbelief and repentance brings rivers of tears....

The Valley of Vision

Lord, high and holy, meek and lowly, Thou hast brought me to the valley of vision, where I live in the depths but see Thee in the heights; hemmed in by mountains of sin I behold Thy glory. Let me learn by paradox that the way down is the way up, that to be low is to be high, that the broken heart is the healed heart, that the contrite spirit is the rejoicing spirit, that the repenting soul is the victorious soul, that to have nothing is to possess all, that to bear the cross is to wear the crown, that to give is to receive, that the valley is the place of vision. Lord, in the daytime stars can be seen from deepest wells, and the deeper the wells the brighter Thy stars shine; let me find Thy light in my darkness, Thy life in my death, Thy joy in my sorrow, Thy grace in my sin, Thy riches in my poverty, Thy glory in my valley.

Oh please dear God, that we all may get back to the secret place of the most high. Let it begin in me oh God, and abound in this place before thee. In Jesus' Holy Name I pray.

"O"

2006/8/15 9:49Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Another Puritan Prayer....

Deeply from the heart. Not the kind of prayer you hear nowadays. A real hunger for God and His glory.

Please may I ask, who is the author of the prayer? Thank you.

2006/8/15 11:59Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

[b]Oh my Lord how we have lost so much and let such treasure be robbed without rebuke. Lord help us all to go back to where faith moved mountains of unbelief and repentance brings rivers of tears....[/b]

AMEN!

2006/8/15 12:59Profile
Onesimus4God

Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico

Re:

The author is not listed. I think the Holy Spirit was involved as a co-writer. ;-)

"O"

2006/8/15 22:16Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Another Puritan Prayer....

"O"

2006/8/16 0:21Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy