SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A more excellent way ...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

A more excellent way ...

[i]And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.[/i]
1Co 12:28-31

[i]And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.[/i] Mat 10:7,8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bring forth these two sections of scripture to see if in our collective insight amongst ourselves there is a dichotomy, a contradiction or is it two different set of instructions given at different times for different purposes.

2006/8/13 20:08Profile
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re: A more excellent way ...

I believe it is the latter. Christ was speaking directly to the apostles here. He didn't say to preach the Gospel, but to preach that the Kingdom of heaven is at hand. There is a difference between the two.

Not all Gospel preaching is followed by signs and
wonders (except for the greatest miracle of all: regeneration), and the text from 1 Cor 12 proves this.

And Paul said "I shew unto you a more excellent way". Something more excellent than spiritual gifts: love.

2006/8/13 23:08Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy