SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Willow Creek Leadership Speaker Promotes New Age?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
grasshopperj

Re:

Quote:
Thats wrong. He contended with both Sadat and Begin at Camp David and the result is a peace with Egypt that lasts to this very day. Thats not anti-Israel.

No. What's Anti-Israel is his insistence that Israel negotiates with terrorists. His op-ed here, http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/31/AR2006073100923.html, lays most of the blame on Israel and less on Lebanon's efforts to disarm the hezbollah terrorists. He also brings up Israel's "disputed territory" which is a favorite term of anyone who feels Israel should shrink down and give her land over to her enemies. He talks of oppressed Palestinians but not much else on murdered Israeli civilians.

Quote:
President Carter did not "allow the Ayatollah to gain power in Iran". Those wheels were set in motion in 1954 during the Eisenhower administration which gave the go-ahead for the CIA to topple the leftist elected president with the shah. Our national security apparatus meddled in the affairs of another nation and now we reap the bitter fruit. Prseident Carter had nothing to do with that.

Then is it safe to say that Carter should cease all complains and criticisms against Bush seeing as how Bush is only inheriting problems by his predecessors?

Quote:
and as far as abortion is concerned, President Carter has always been against it, many who serve in government are , and don't think for a second that the republican party or President Bush is serious about ending abortion on demand.

Carter is against abortion but is not against overtuning Roe vs Wade. That makes him a fraud on so many levels. And this is not a discussion about Bush, as Bush' ties to the Skull and Bones fraternity makes him a counterfiet Christian, too.

Quote:

You are slandering a fine man, who also happens to be a fellow believer. Shame on you.

A fellow believer does not condemn souls to HELL for allowing them to beleive in false and heretical religions. Carter has constantly labeled groups like the Mormons as Christians despite their false beliefs. Carter has NEVER publicly confessed that Christ is the only way to Heaven. Carter, like other apostates, emhpasizes works over faith in Christ alone, that Jesus Christ alone is the way to Heaven and no one else. Carter has never publicly proclaimed that. Instead he would allow Mormoms to continue their blapshemous traditions, feels homosexual pastors is ok, and has accepted the Nobel Peace Prize given to such "godly" men as Yasser Arafat, Kofi Anan, Nelson Mandela, Mikhail Gorbachev. If he had honor in Christ, Carter would have never accepted the award and never accepted the praises of men.

Shame on you, friend, for claiming that Carter is a believer. He is not a believer. He needs to repent and so do you for pushing this apostate as a Christian.

2006/8/15 0:53Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

grasshopperj

You have the wrong forum here. Take your politics and venom somewhere else.

2006/8/15 1:20Profile

Re:

Quote:

crsschk wrote:
grasshopperj

You have the wrong forum here. Take your politics and venom somewhere else.

What is political about what he is stating, Mike? I didn't read the words "Democrat" or "Republican" anywhere in what he wrote.

I too think Carter misplaced his allegiance to a Holy God and has served only to promote what this forum speaks loudly against, i.e., "Globalism". That's fact, not opinion. There is a paper-video-audio trail that more than indicates it.

Revealing those as Carter, in my opinion, is more of the clarion call regardless of the forum it cries from.

In Jesus,

Orm

2006/8/15 8:11
OverSeer

Geneva, Alabama

Re:

Quote:
I would love to state my opinions and discerning thoughts about that letter, but the Spirit has restricted me, some was right, but much was omitted.

Lovegrace, you claim, (conveniently I might add), that the Spirit has restricted you from stating your opinions and discerning thoughts about that letter, and then go right on in violation and give us your opinions and discerning thoughts (that you do believe are God's word, although you take no credit for it).

Why won't you answer both scripturally and logically three simple questions? Isn't the answer that because if you did you would have to admit the nature of the battle to which we are called as Christians? And, if you call calling out false prophets and doing polemics and apologetics sin - then you are guilty too just by the very nature of your being on this forum and engaging in both polemics and apologetics?

Jesus never threw any stones - but He did use polemics and apologetics and called out false ministries. What do you think He was doing when He called the religious leaders in the Temple
[i]hypocrites[/i] and that in front of the people? What do you think Jesus was doing when He said, "Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the Sadducees"? What about His polemics: "Have you never read" (Matthew 12:3, 5)? And, "You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures nor the power of God" (Matthew 22:29-32)? What about His apologetics: "What do you think about the Christ, whose son is He...If David then calls Him 'Lord,' how is He his son?" (Matthew 22:42-45)

Maybe you won't answer because of the next verse - "No one was able to answer Him a word" (Matthew 22:46).

By the way - there is an opposite pole to legalism - it is called licentiousness (see Jude 4)

Grace and peace
Olan

2006/8/15 10:08Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Why

Quote:
What is political about what he is stating, Mike? I didn't read the words "Democrat" or "Republican" anywhere in what he wrote.

Not the point...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[b]pol·i·tics (pŏl'ĭ-tĭks)
n.[/b]

(used with a sing. verb)

The art or science of government or governing, especially the governing of a political entity, such as a nation, and the administration and control of its internal and external affairs.
Political science.

(used with a sing. or pl. verb)

The activities or affairs engaged in by a government, politician, or political party: “All politics is local” (Thomas P. O'Neill, Jr.). “Politics have appealed to me since I was at Oxford because they are exciting morning, noon, and night” (Jeffrey Archer).

The methods or tactics involved in managing a state or government: The politics of the former regime were rejected by the new government leadership. If the politics of the conservative government now borders on the repressive, what can be expected when the economy falters?

(used with a sing. or pl. verb) Political life:

studied law with a view to going into politics; felt that politics was a worthwhile career.

(used with a sing. or pl. verb) Intrigue or

[b]maneuvering within a political unit or group in order to gain control or power: Partisan politics is often an obstruction to good government. Office politics are often debilitating and counterproductive.[/b]

(used with a sing. or pl. verb) Political

[b]attitudes and positions: His politics on that issue is his own business. Your politics are clearly more liberal than mine.[/b]

(used with a sing. or pl. verb) The often

[b]internally conflicting interrelationships among people in a society.[/b]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Take the embolden defenitions, mix it in with
[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=10431&forum=13&post_id=&refresh=Go]SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer (MUST READ)[/url], add the associated venom and assumptions and I think you will find the answer that there is little tolerance for these types of things here.

[i]Rend your heart's ...[/i]

2006/8/15 11:29Profile
grasshopperj

Re:

With all due respect, all I was doing was defending what I stated in my letter about the Willow Creek Summit. Somone infairly criticised me for being against the mention of Jimmy Carter in any Christian summit (or rather, "Christian.") I didn't see you tell that person to take his venom elsewhere, especially since he was more emotional and abbrassive then I was, not to mention the fact that he clearly took one sentence in my original letter (which is all the space Carter took in that latter) and went with that to turn this into a political debate. My only intent was to show the falsehood of Willow Creek and their embracing of globalism (which Jimmy Carter is all for.)

I don't see anything wrong with what I did. I didn't argue for or against any politician, rather I argued for the purity of the faith that no wolf compromises it for the sake of numbers.

2006/8/15 11:38Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
I didn't see you tell that person to take his venom elsewhere,

In that, you are correct. It applies right across the board.

The remainder you can find in your own words and in the ease in which it spills so effortlessly from your pen. More than that, that it is even in your heart to do so.

I repeat, this is not the kind of forum you might think it to be. Read the link referenced earlier.

2006/8/15 15:44Profile

to Orm...slandering a man.

(Mike Balog, please forgive me for even posting this, I don't wish to add fuel to the fire, nor violate forum guidlines, but these two men, Orm and "grasshopper" have slandered a fellow believer, a follower of Jesus, and it's wrong, plain and simple...and this believer, who happens to be a former President of the United States has worked tirelessly to walk the way Jesus did.)

Orm,
it is wrong of you to say President Carter has

Quote:
misplaced his allegiance to a Holy God and has served only to promote what this forum speaks loudly against, i.e., "Globalism". That's fact, not opinion

He is doing the same thing that any good missionary would do, which is to love the people that he goes overseas (or here) to minister to.

Blessed are the peacemakers. Do you think he serves the cause of peace because he's some secular do-gooder? President Carter is obeying the Words of Jesus.

President Carter has NEVER turned from his love of Jesus, and calling to serve the Saviour, to serve the Holy God.

Habitats for Humanity......what a blessed ministry that has been.

"Globalism"? Sir, when a missionary goes overseas to preach the Gospel, what do you think he or she does? They serve the people they have been called to minister to, servanthood. They bring the Living Water that is Messiah Jesus, and if they are following the Dictates of Jesus, they see a need and they, God willing, meet the need, because they love their neighbor, and face this fact, your neighbor might be in Mali, or Timor, and your neighbor might have a baby afflicted with a water borne illness, dying because they either don't have access to clean drinking water or to a bit of first world medicine that would kill the pestilence that lays in their tiny bellies.

Its been said, "I'll preach the Gospel, and if neccesary I'll use words".

Fifteen years ago, President and Mrs. Carter visted Nigeria where they found a nation afflicted with 653,000 cases of Guinea Worm , which is an ugly worm that burrows deep within the body that drank such foul water, its painful, a horrible affliction, unimaginable in the US. The President introduced a simple inexpensive cure, a simple cloth filter, costing pennies, and the 653,000 cases went down to 116.

Did you know that the number of children in the world today is diarrhea, killing infants and children in Africa, Asia, and Latin America claiming almost 3.3 million lives per year. Would to God any missionary worth his salt in the Love of Christ take that burden upon him or herself in the village or city that they serve.

Is this burden to love and serve our neighbor, globalization? To have the burden to be a peacemaker, globalization?

Those burdens sound to me more like the burdens of Jesus Messiah.

Some former Presidents join private capital management firms, another milks the lecture circuit for millions, may God bless them, as they might be serving mammon, but President Carter has tirelessly served His Lord in the field of benevolence and peace, and you and others on this forum slam and slander him?

Orm, If I'm not mistaken, (and maybe I am) I believe you said you are a pastor? If so, I urge you to take this matter before God, on your knees and ask Him, "who is my neighbor", before you get on a forum slandering a fellow believer whose ministry is being a peacemaker and serving the poor and afflicted at home and in the world.

bartle

2006/8/15 15:57

Re: to Orm...slandering a man.

Dear Bartle,

His humanitarianism aside, that can originate in the mind of any atheist, I believe it is incumbent upon you to prove Mr. Carter is even a Christian, in light of his un-Christian activities.

Nothing in your below post has anything to do with Christianity in the light of Christ' teaching except we be benelovent to the poor and needy. Now speak of the differnce between the universalist/globalist adherent and the messenger of Christ in this endeavor. In light of your inability to discern Mr.Carter, I don't believe you are able to make such distinctions.

2006/8/15 17:35

Re: sadly Orm

I was praying against hope that your post would be different from the one you wrote.

What I wrote had everything to do about following Jesus, and it is not "incumbent" on me to write anything more, much less to "prove" if another man is a follower of Jesus.

You have shamed yourself by calling into doubt another man's walk with Christ. It doesn't bother me that you insult me by insinuating my inability to discern, which is shameful behavior, but to term this man's ministry of benevolence and reconciliation as "un-Christian" is just shameful and sinful.

I won't post anything more on this thread, nor dialogue with you until you apologize for your shameful slander.

2006/8/15 18:05

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy