SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Preached at Pool Party

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Preached at Pool Party

I decided to take another march through my hometown with my "TURN to JESUS and LIVE"and "REPENT and BELIEVE on JESUS" banner since I only have a few more days left here in Connecticut.

Since I've marched through the streets it's been a blessed time. It's opened up doors for very good one2one and has also reached everyone driving by. I've gotten countless honks, thump ups, and only a handful of curses and fingers.

I stationed myself at a busy intersection and just held my sign and sang worship to God in my head. I will generally either pray or worship as I'm marching around. One car drove by and the guy said, "Hey man, your doing a great work. Keep it up. God bless you." So I think this has been encouraging Christians as well.

I decided after a little while to leave this intersection and go to the town park. There is a new skate park there so I thought there may be some people and I might even get a chance for open air preaching.

When I arrived, I saw that there was a pool party going on at what is considered a sort of "Youth Center". There was a big pool with massive bubbles overflowing out of it, a dj playing sinful music, and a bunch of highschool guys and girls in the pool together.

As soon as they saw me, many of them pointed and ran over to me. I started talking to them and the DJ with the microphone invited me into the party. But he soon lost interested in me when I refused to jump in the pool.

After many of them took pictures next to me (so now they will have the message of the gospel banner forever), I was able to talk to the group of kids about their sin and about the Savior. They started off mocking but then became serious. Their questions became serious and genuine. I did my best to answer their questions and also to share about Jesus.

I shared my testimony a little bit. I told them that I used to go to the Youth Center on Friday and Saturday nights about 5 years ago to sell drugs. I told them how it was actually at the Youth Center that I had my neck slit in a knife fight. But that now Jesus has saved me from sin and from hell and has completely changed my life.

One kid in particular was genuine beyond all the rest. He was Catholic and said that it's just so dead. I told him Jesus said he must be born again. He said, "I never knew that" which is the same situation I was in when I was in the Catholic Church. I gave him my contact info if he had anymore questions and encouraged him to read his bible.

I think the Lord could really do something with a kid that open and sincere. Praise the Lord!

Then, on my walk home, there was a women pushing a girl in a one of those baby strolers. The little girl says, "Hey, I need to talk to you." But I said, "Oh I'm sure your mother is in a hurry." But the women stopped, and I recognized her as my elementary school bus driver!

I said, "Did you used to be a bus driver?" She said, "I still am." I said, "I used to live up near blackies (a resturant). At the end of one school year, right as I got off the bus, I (did something I shouldn't have done). She said, "And you thought you got away with it!" And I said, "I did. But the next year you made me sit in the front seat for like the entire school year." She said, "Well, I'm glad you found Jesus."

It's just great for people who knew you when you were a sinner to see you after you've been born again and see what Jesus has done!

2006/8/11 20:39
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re: Preached at Pool Party

Jesse,

Quote:
It's just great for people who knew you when you were a sinner to see you after you've been born again and see what Jesus has done!

Five years ago, I was selling cocaine for the bikers. I was practically public enemy #1.

Now I am a family counsellor. I am married. I have two kids and a third on the way soon. I am trusted to lead the youth church often. The police wave at me now.

Glory be to God!!!

Murray

2006/8/11 23:50Profile
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re:

Quote:

Quote:
Five years ago, I was selling cocaine for the bikers. I was practically public enemy #1.

Now I am a family counsellor. I am married. I have two kids and a third on the way soon. I am trusted to lead the youth church often. The police wave at me now.

If any man be in Christ. . .

God is so good.

2006/8/12 1:05Profile

Re:

I praise God for your testimony. It seems many of us need to go to such extremes before we finally wake up.

I pray that the kids there at the pool wake up long before they ever get to the point where we were.

The sooner someone comes to Christ the better, because more time means more service, and more genuine service means more glory to God!

2006/8/12 22:17

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy