SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Speaking in Tongues

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
PosterThread
skab

Re:

~WOW! There's a lot here! I was only able to read from the beginning of the posts until a little after the "fun with math" stuff. I would have read more, but alas, I have two English papers to type!

~This all really is very interesting to me. I've recently been calling on the Lord to point me in the right direction, when it comes to tounges.

~My question to those who claim a needing of tounges as a sign of Baptism in the Holy Spirit:
What about those who are deaf and unable to talk since birth? Must they be healed before? What if the Lord does not heal them?

~I've been raised non-denominational and generally not very charasmatic. When I was very young, my family had a very bad experience with a missions base that was started by a man who's sermons are on here. That man passed away before these things happend and I really think he would have frowned upon them. My family was thoroughly judged about gifts. It was unpleasant as you may have guessed, and my Father kept us a distance from the "Charasmatics" after that.

~Recently, though, I've been dating a girl, who is not "charasmatic", herself, but has been raised in a family that is. I've been faced with many of the same judgements, all of which were in love :-D which makes a world of a difference

~Oh! I almost forgot! What about a math/number system that replaces the symbols and numbers with theological terms! I've always been a fan of reverse engineering and hardware hacking. I've always thought about a "How Jesus Hacked Death", thingy to handout at events, but I'm don't know. That might be a little sacreligious. This math stuff is great!

~This is my third edit....sorry....I don't know how that effects this type of forum. Anyways, What is the consequences of saying that some of things that are claimed as tounges by some and babblings as other, as being merely emotional outlets. What's wrong with sharing your emotions with the Lord? I don't know if it should always be done in public, though.

2006/4/26 20:52Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Just a small question, did Jesus use signs and wonders? I believe He did. Mat 12:15 But when Jesus knew [it], he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all; Pretty simple, Christ is the Gifted One.

He also said, "Only an evil and adulterous generation (seeks) a sign. If given by the Holy Spirit, not sought, it is valid.

Sign: 4592. semeion
Search for G4592 in KJVSL
shmeion semeion say-mi'-on

neuter of a presumed derivative of the base of 4591; an indication, especially ceremonially or supernaturally:--miracle, sign, token, wonder.

Don't seek a token or sign of baptism in the Holy Spirit by speaking in unknown tongues.

If Christ is the Gifted One and He is our Spirit, can we boast of any gift? I don't believe so.

1 Corinthians 12:4-11 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

Administration of the Gifts is of the Lord Jesus Himself for He is the Gifts.

God The Father is the Operations manager and All works by Him.

The manifestation of the Spirit is to all, and the operation and power of the Gifts is by the Holy Spirit when He chooses to use them as He wills.

What is "divers tongues"? It is certainly not a babbling of unknown tongues. To another divers kinds of tongues. The power of speaking various languages. See Ac 2:4,7-11. This passage also seems to imply that the extraordinary endowments of the Holy Spirit were not conferred on all alike.

To another the interpretation of tongues. The power of interpreting foreign languages; or of interpreting the language which might be used by the "prophets" in their communications.

Divers kinds; 1085. genos
Search for G1085 in KJVSL
genoV genos ghen'-os

from 1096; "kin" (abstract or concrete, literal or figurative, individual or collective):--born, country(-man), diversity, generation, kind(-red), nation, offspring, stock.

Tongues; 1100. glossa
Search for G1100 in KJVSL
glwssa glossa gloce-sah'

of uncertain affinity; the tongue; by implication, a language (specially, one naturally unacquired):--tongue.

The only unknown tongue is one not acquired from birth by language spoken by kindred. I speak in tongues of America. I don't speak in tongues of Greek, unless the Holy Spirit gifts me to do so as He wills for the upbuilding of the Body of Christ. Paul says it only takes three words.
Jesus is Lord. Only two in Greek: IhsouV kurioV

In Christ: Phillip :-o IhsouV kurioV

2006/4/27 14:27Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

This is one of the threads that enjoys a wealth of information.

2010/5/20 10:12Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy