SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Revival Messages

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Revival Messages

Revival Messages

I feel I must share this with you. Especially to our moderator Greg Gordon I think. I'm so grateful for this website, it's like plunging into a deep swimming pool. O Lord I think I could keep swimming forever.
You know friends I used to consider myself a bit of a writer, even from the Lord. Now I realise it's just vanity. What use is it? The Lord said 'Take no scrip, no purse, no shoes (even) walk the highways and byways, preach the gospel to every creature, baptising them in Jesus' name (if you don't mind, the Catholic Church turned it into 'Father Son Holy Spirit' in the 4th Century.) How come when the disciples baptised in Acts it was always in Jesus' Name? How come when they healed it was always in Jesus' Name? Baptism in the name of Father Son Holy Spirit is unscriptural.The Catholic Church changed the text to suit their Trinitarian Doctrine.
Anyway dear friends, reading such giants as Leonard Ravenhill, Andrew Strom, The Revival Hymn, George Whitefield, Jonathan Edwards, AW Tozer and so on. O Lord! It's never ending. What use is my few (supposedly) well-chosen words. We don't need more words we need REVIVAL. I'm praying for it desperately. The Lord implanted this in me ever since I accepted the truth of Acts 2:4 Baptism of the Holy Spirit speaking in tongues. I always thought tongues was for someone else. The Devil had me on this one, was controlling me through my (disobedience) of Gods' Word. Not my sin, my disobedience. Even sin is unacceptable to God but we make excuses for it like 'everyone has it' etc. But it says in Psalm 24 'Who can stand in His Holy Presence? Who can stand on His Holy Hill? Only He that is without spot or blemish'. O Lord are my hands clean? (The Revival Hymn). How can you hear this beautiful re-enactment of the Welsh Revival without tears? When I read in a book 'Gods Generals' about Seymour who started the Los Angeles Revival in 1904 and preached on tongues even though (wait for it) he himself DIDNT experience it, it blew me away. Such faith! I accepted it right then. The power of God came flooding into my life. Ten days later I experienced total surrender to the Lord. And I thought I was a writer! Not until I discovered this website, and read giants like Ravenhill, Strom, Tozer, and so on. Now I don't bother with writing. It was like a burden to me. I just go out and speak to the people just like Our Lord said. All that profundity dropped off me. I don't need it. Neither does anyone I meet. More junk to read. There's enough on this website and it's not junk! (again what an incredible resource!) and in the Word. Your feedback SO welcome! In Jesus' Name

2006/8/11 9:54
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Revival Messages

Quote:
I feel I must share this with you. Especially to our moderator Greg Gordon I think. I'm so grateful for this website, it's like plunging into a deep swimming pool. O Lord I think I could keep swimming forever.

Brother, it is wonderful to read your note. I am glad that you found this resource and are praying for a revival of religion in our world. Oh how we need it, its time not to be silent before God but to raise our voices in loud cryings and pleadings for God to come close. Oh that you would rend the heavens and come down! we need God down here.

Quote:
I just go out and speak to the people just like Our Lord said. All that profundity dropped off me. I don't need it. Neither does anyone I meet. More junk to read. There's enough on this website and it's not junk! (again what an incredible resource!) and in the Word. Your feedback SO welcome! In Jesus' Name

I would encourage you to interact in the forums more and share your skill the Lord has given you in writing. Do be encouraged God is and will be using you for His glory. The greatest ministry any person can be called to is a life of prayer and intercession. It is the hardest ministry and least rewarding in the eyes of men.

Keep praying brother, don't let down those hands that are weary but persevere therein and you shall find rest for your soul and mercy [b]shall[/b] come down.

2006/8/11 16:34Profile

Re: Your message to me

O thankyou!
I read your letter in tears
You don't have to reply
Just 'Thankyou
I will pray so much for you
I forgot to say 'intercession is now my life

2006/8/11 17:01

Re: Your reply! Again: Further thoughts

You may wish to know I took your words seriously and dropped the 'pious layman's attitude' and God had me write some more on 'Revival especially when I suddenly realised I had already personally experienced it not calling it as such! Thankyou for your timely message! How will you get this because it's only a repy to a reply!

2006/8/15 16:34
wyattearp

Re:

God bless you brother. It is good to hear someone excited about God and His goodness. Don't be afraid to let the light of Christ shine forth in your life. Remember, when brother cup runneth over, brother saucer gets some too.

Wyatt

2006/8/15 21:54Profile

Re: Wyatt's reply

Thanks Wyatt

2006/8/22 9:30

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy