SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Testing Prophets!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Houston, Tx

Testing Prophets!!!

I was wondering if anyone has everyone has ever heard of the "Ancient One" He calls himself a prophet. The prophet of the Last Days. So I was wondering how do you test a prophet to make sure that they are actually form God and not just some false prophet.

Check out his link.... http://www.ministryofisaac.org/

Thank you brothers and sisters in Christ for your help.

IN Christ, E-mail

2006/8/10 23:27Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Testing Prophets!!!

" 1) On or Before June 2006..Big earthquake or Tasmania(sic) hit USA "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is both your test and your answer.

2006/8/10 23:35Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Well I am not sure if you are posting this as a sort of example of a extreme situation to judge rightly. But if you are struggling with the potential of this man being a true prophet of God, I would say that you consider a few of these following things:

1. clearly by going to the website, it is all about him and nothing about God, even the name of the church and the site exalt a man, the logo having a captial "I" which is the first name of this man assumedly.

2. Some of the prophecies are so general that its like guess work and man could possibly choose one these and hope they work out.

3. The Lord Jesus told us that no man will know the times or seasons, we cannot predict dates or times.

4. As mike pointed out his first prophecy is false and never came to pass.

It will be sad to see men like this before the judgement seat of Christ. The more I spend in Christian circles and see such abuse and purposeful using of the gospel and Christ for men's means makes me tremble in such a frightful way. Oh what a fearful day the judgement seat will be! May we hold tight and firm to Christ. Millions decieved, many false prophets and teachers. God help them all.

2006/8/10 23:49Profile
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

Re:

This guy is a joke!

144,00 will be chosen in Houston to restore the temple? Huh

Also,

there will be no elections held in the usa? Do you really think the liberals will ever let that happen.

Whats next, cats and dogs falling from the sky in 2007 :-?

on a more serious note, we need to be praying for this man, that he will repent and turn from his ways and follow after true righteousness

2006/8/11 10:38Profile
OverSeer

Geneva, Alabama

Re: Testing Prophets!!!

The Bible gives many tests to determine whether or not the spirit is from God. Some of which Greg has already shared. Some false prophets are easier to spot than others. Some are very difficult to spot because of their "orthodoxy." The Lord's words on the subject of false prophets in Matthew 7 shedds great light on the subject. This link is to a booklet which is an exposition of Matthew 7:13-27. Maybe it will be profitable to you.

http://www.devcobaptist.org/templates/System/details.asp?id=31831&PID=272372

Grace and peace
Olan

2006/8/11 11:21Profile

Houston, Tx

Re:

The fist prophecy on his website did not happen in the US. I called him and asked him about that and he said that it happend in Indonisia. That he got confused about the place where it was going to happen. But aren't prophets supposed to be 100% right with what they prophecy about? Just wondering. :-)

2006/8/11 16:03Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
That he got confused about the place where it was going to happen.

The other would be honesty.
Quote:
But aren't prophets supposed to be 100% right with what they prophecy about?

Well, it used to be thought so anyway. As was mentioned, the best would be to pray for the man, otherwise would pay no attention to this.

Reading the tail end of 1st Kings and the beginning of 2nd Kings this morning. The difference in what a prophet was then and what one is considered now is to talk of two different occupations entirely...

2006/8/11 16:15Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
The fist prophecy on his website did not happen in the US. I called him and asked him about that and he said that it happend in Indonisia. That he got confused about the place where it was going to happen. But aren't prophets supposed to be 100% right with what they prophecy about? Just wondering.

Brother, as much as I have the Spirit of Christ I am telling you that this man is false. I wouldn't dabble with these things and make light of them, as I alluded to before it will be a very sad and terrifying day when we stand before the judgement seat of Christ and are judged, we should be weeping for this man, we will in that day.

2006/8/11 16:19Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy