SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : More on my witnessing to Mormons

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

More on my witnessing to Mormons

Met again with the Mormons last evening. Wow... what a hard egg to crack. I took the offensive last evening and started questioning them about archeological, linguistic and DNA evidence that shows without a doubt that the Book of Mormon is a farce... and they just totally dismiss it, claiming that everyone in these scientific fields is anti-Mormon. How one who seems so reasonable can simply stick their heads in the sand and pretend that none of this hard evidence really exists is just beyond my ability to comprehend.

They said "You need to stop researching, and reading about DNA and all that, and read the Book of Mormon and ask God to reveal to you that it's true."

I said "My friend, when I approach any spiritual matter I ask God to reveal the truth about a thing to me... not reveal to me that the thing is true."

I offered for them to watch the video about the DNA issue with me, but they refused. They said they would discuss the issue with their church leaders and have answers for me next week. I said "You do realize they have a bias, right? If you're honest enough, you will consult other sources as well."

It's frustrating, but I'm being obedient and leaving it up to the Holy Spirit to do the work of changing their hearts. I also believe God is instructing me to meet with them only one more time... and then shake the dust off my sandels and let the Holy Spirit handle it from there.

Krispy

2006/8/10 11:05
WorldView

Davao, Philippines

Re: More on my witnessing to Mormons

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

I said "My friend, when I approach any spiritual matter I ask God to reveal the truth about a thing to me... not reveal to me that the thing is true."

good one.

2006/8/10 11:28Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Mormonism teaches that anytime you are "stumped" by somebody, you are to ask those above you to give you an answer. You'll get nowhere with them by arguing such stuff. Just preach Christ to them. They are no more likely to give heed to your archaelogical evidence as you would be to scholars who would point out such "factual" errors in the Scriptures.

2006/8/10 16:28Profile
Deany1980

Hong Kong (SAR)

Re: More on my witnessing to Mormons

I have to agree with KingJimmy about just preaching Christ, although I watched all three of those video's (DNA vs book of Mormon, the Bible vs book of Mormon and the Church of God documentary). Each were fascinating and I bookmarked them.

Although when I compare it to Ray Comfort's teaching 'Hell's Best Kept Secret', and using it from experience - *the Gospel*.

Dean

2006/8/10 19:48Profile
Logic

Re:

Mormons belive that shortly after the death of the original apostles, there was a general apostasy in the early Christian Church. The members of the Church turned away from the true gospel. The organization(church) ceased to be led by God.
[b]But[/b]
If this is true, Jesus is a lier [b]Matthew 16:18[/b] [color=990000]And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.[/color]

Another testmony of jesus christ(the book of mormon) is another gospel;
[b]Galatians 1:8-9[/b][color=990000] But though we, [b]or an angel from heaven,[/b][/color](Moroni) [color=990000]preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
[b]:9[/b] As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.[/color]

2006/8/14 18:40Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy