SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : SICK RAP WORSHIP VIDEO FOR RICK WARREN'S 2006 WORSHIP CONFERENCE

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I don’t normally unleash on something, but if you ever wonder why I am so down on all things “Purpose Driven,” then take a look at the rap video from the Purpose Driven “Worship” Conference. Aside from the total abuse of Scripture, trivializing of all things divine, hideous use of “music,” and vacuous imagery, you might say it was worthless; It certainly is NOT worship; and it is absolutely pathetic. This is what happens when you extend the purpose driven philosophy. Just wait…without repentance, it can get worse. Even if it were done as a joke, it can be seen as nothing less than wretched. More later…

It appears it has been taken down from here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeES0PUN78o

and here, The video in question is proudly displayed on the official Purpose Driven site:
http://www.purposedriven.com/en-US/Events/PurposeDrivenWorshipConference/06post-conference.htm

Certainly Rick Warren's ministry organization doesn't disavow it, even two weeks after its premiere at the PD conference.

2006/8/9 15:53Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

This is quite pathetic and is definetly mocking God and His Holiness.

[b]Filled with the Spirit[/b]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFlkrGYi2Xo

2006/8/9 15:57Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re: PD Link

I don't see it on their site, so maybe they got a lot of negative feedback and removed it too?

that other link...is that the group that was at the conference or just a homemade video spoofing it?

either way it's disgusting.

2006/8/9 16:05Profile
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re:

Disgusting. God help us.

2006/8/9 16:06Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Got a great story for y'all:

Back a couple years ago, when I was a youth pastor, I took my youth group to a thing called "Festival Con Dios" in San Antonio. It was like a mega rally of all the greatest contemporary Christian artists from around the world where they would come and strut their stuff. Well, not even twenty minutes into the thing and I'm ready to leave. It was completely chaotic! Fleshly whistles, yells, grooving, kids moshing, stage-diving, you name it.

Well, Toby Mac (spelling?) gets up and everyone goes bananas. Five thousand kids start screaming, shaking their fists like at a Hitler youth rally, "TOBY MAC! TOBY MAC! TOBY MAC!" People are going crazy. I had no idea who this joker was, other than a serious idol. He gets up on stage and a huge American flag descends with his FACE superimposed on it. People go absolutely nuts. The drum beat starts, some sensual, worldly, rap beat. Kids beging moshing all over again; one kid is even bleeding from his nose but he doesn't care - he goes right on moshing and slamming into other people.

I remember going to look for my kids, because I had decided we were leaving. I was thinking, "Oh, God, this is demonic, what have I done? This is all my fault."

As I was thinking this, the entire power suddenly shuts down and the entire place goes dark. People start booing like they would at an Ozzy Osbourne concert or whatever. They couldn't get the power back on! They tried for about an hour; but even the generator wouldn't work. The concert was over.

But what struck me as ironic, was that AFTER the power went out, and when they couldn't get it back up, all the artists got up on stage and started piously singing hymns like Amazing Grace and the Doxology. But it was too late.

I was so happy God shut it down. I believe that "Festival Con Dios" is just a microcosm of a bigger picture. One day God too will "cut off the power" on our horrid churchianity and unplug our idolatrous worship system and bring down judgment into His house. Lord, speed the day!

Bro. Paul

2006/8/9 16:08Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

ive watched this video now..its horrible in everyway... im so tiered of this great deception in thease last days... the tears are coming in my eyes...why cant people see it!!! i know its in the word that many will be blind to the truth and there are prabably 100 verses that says something like that...but when i see thease things and hear about people going into it..my heart breaks...

lord help us..... we despratly need you lord...
lets pray for this... thease people that they may be given a new heart
to glorify our lord
and repent of this satanic music coverd over whit our lords name.
i know one day this kind of music will stop forever.... no more of this...and i long for it....

gods peace for you
christian

2006/8/9 16:25Profile

Re:

I can't agree more with you, Krispy. Read my thread "The church of a lesser god".

Orm

2006/8/9 17:12
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Quote:
This is quite pathetic and is definetly mocking God and His Holiness.

[b]Filled with the Spirit[/b]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFlkrGYi2Xo

This is abomination! This is one of the most disgusting things that I have seen in this great APOSTASY! Are we conscious what is going on there!?

2006/8/9 18:20Profile
Compton

Re:The Fresh Prince of Hot Air...

Oh my...

This video is so awful it actually gives rap a bad name.

MC

2006/8/9 18:32Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

I first heard this rap video back on an old post where bartle was wanting to pray for Rick Warren and the N. Koreans.

This "thing" is truly wicked. At first, I was stunned; I thought it might be a joke. When I realized it wasn't, a wave of brokeness overcame me and I began to weep. Is this what Jesus bled and died for? For a proud punk blasphemer to shove his face with beef as he speaks His most Holy Name with fleshy, whiney taunts? I can see the entire 2006 worship conference doing the "burning bush", and "walls of Jericho" like the blind heathen do the macarena.

And then I look at men like William Tyndale being strangled on the stake. I see the underground church in China silently baptizing its converts in the icy rivers at midnight to avoid being discovered by the persecuting authorities. I see Sudanese Christian women having their screaming babies ripped from their breasts and their sons and daughters sold into Muslim slavery. I see men like Ravenhill weeping over the harlotry of the church. I see the early Salvationists getting buckets of filth and urine dumped on their heads as they march in the streets. I see John Wesley being beaten by a mob, and David Brainerd dying of tuberculosis from all the years of wrestling with God in the chilly forest, contending for souls.

And then I turn back to 2006 and see "Smitty" shoving forkfuls of beef in his mouth and mocking God, with gangster gestures. And I see the church approving and mimicking the dance moves like sheep. This is what made me weep, brothers and sisters. The difference between the true church and the "thing" of today.

2006/8/9 18:58Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy