SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : is this strange or what???

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sonofadam777

Rochester, New York

is this strange or what???

ok, I was trying to come up with an interesting subject...

I was contact by a brother who runs a ministry, I won't mention it's name.

He has a radical testimony or what God has done in his life... and now he is in full time ministry.

He is familiar wtih using the law for evangelism and I had him listen to HBKS this morning and this was his response;

* By using the law we are not focusing on Christ. People have the law of God written on their hearts and they know they are sinners.

* We are elevating self, when we are telling/showing people they are liers, murders, adulters, etc.

* Christ humbles us on the cross, not to lift up self.

* Law doesn't humble us, Jesus did.

* Tell others what Christ has done for you, not just tell them they are sinners and have broken God's law.

* Admit to others what Jesus has done for me. "

* Boast in only the cross of Jesus and not talk so much about the law.

* Jesus abolished the law.

* We are to be led by the spirit of God and not just hammer people with the law, but listen to the Spirit of GOd and tell them what God did for us and not just go through the script.

Ok, those are some of the things that I picked up from our converstation and this is paraphrased from our converstation.

have you heard similar arguments from people who don't believe in using the law for evangelism?

thanks.

2006/8/8 16:41Profile
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re: is this strange or what???

Quote:
Jesus abolished the law.

Matthew 5:17 "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

18 "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 "Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

As well intentioned as they might be, neglect of the Law in preaching the Gospel is unscriptural, and contrary to what our Lord said.

2006/8/8 17:20Profile
KindGottes

Tulsa, Oklahoma

Re:

Gal. 3:24 "Therefore the law was our TUTOR TO BRING US TO CHRIST, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor".

So the law reveals our sin to us, but doesn´t save us. This is through the blood of Jesus Christ only. But without the law we wouldn´t recognize our sin. Does this make sense?
God bless
Bea

2006/8/9 10:51Profile

Re:

Hello, Yes I have heard these responses many times. Of course as you know Paul say's that the law is good if it is used lawfully for the purpoese of which it was desighned. Law not made for a rightous man but sinners. Also Paul says it was through the law that he died to the law, in Galations. If a christian is real resistent to the use of the law in evangelism I don't push it much more. However we must "show" that it play's a part in winning a soul to Christ. So keep witnessing, focusing on sin, rightousnes and judgement. Repentance, faith and the Cross. Then when soul's are saved your brother will begin to see it's usefulness. God bless, John Oh p.s. in John 16 the Holy ghost comes to convict or reprove the world of sin, rightousnes and judgement.So it's best that we preach in unity with what the Holy Ghost comes to do.

2006/8/9 11:07

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy