Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sin, Hell, Judgment Survey

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Something cannot be good if there is nothing that is "bad" to compare it to. I think that is also true in the minds of the sinners. They need to understand both.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

2006/8/8 13:09Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

My pastor once said something similar to this:

I'll promise you, this is where all this love stuff is coming from. There are some preachers with Playboys hid under their mattresses.

2006/8/8 15:17Profile

Re:

Yes, "sin, hell, and judgment" would be considered "bad news". But it's God's news! It's bible news! And it's the news that Jesus Christ and the Apostles preached, along with the good news of salvation. But in this case, the good news doesn't make any sense if people do not understand the bad news. People won't understand that they need forgiveness if they don't understand that God is angry with them and will cast them to hell unless they repent. They won't understand being born again unless they understand the bondages of sin.

Telling someone that they have a deadly disease would be considered "bad news". But until they believe that they have this disease, the "good news" of a cure will not make sense. Neither will a person who thinks they are healthy apply the cure until they are first convinced of the disease. The "bad news" of sin, hell, and judgment must come before the "good news" of Jesus Christ crucified for sinners.

I thought of another reason why some preachers will not tell their listeners about sin, hell, and judgment. It's simply because they have willfull sin in their own life that they refuse to repent of. So how can they warn others about sin, tell others they are heading for judgment and hell, when they are in the same state and the same condition as their listeners.

2006/8/8 15:29
Gery

Re: SIN

There is but one reason: SIN

The one who does not preach against sin is living is sin!

In His love
Gery

2006/8/8 15:45Profile

Re:

Quote:
The one who does not preach against sin is living is sin!

That is a quote worth remembering and using.

If any man is willing to let sin live, that man must be willfully living in sin

Martin Luther said, "so preach, that those who do not fall out from their sin will fall out from thee."

2006/8/8 16:32

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy