SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Power of Words

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

The Power of Words

Something that has been rattling around in this deranged cranium of late has been the emphesis on certain words and their meaning.

Some have become 'fixed' as I alluded to in another thread. Some you are almost shocked to see resurrected again, like one that Lars brought up; "veracity". Others have had their meaning so distorted that to hear them can make one cringe, "annointing" comes to mind. Some are odd to certain hearers like one I thought was a mistake the first time I heard it here from Greg;
"declension" (glad I looked that one up before I opened my big mouth ;-) )

Considering the vast amount of wisdom that comes through this site from it's members and others, thought maybe this would be a educational place to help us uneducated types in the study of words.
No real guidelines, just a free form expression of 'words', meanings, derivatives, history, Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic...whatever.

To begin I will offer up this minor revelation that was presented to me this morning. In a particular 'study' in my apartment, there is a stack of books, one of which happened to be Andrew Murray's "Blessing's of Obedience". Though at the time I was reading a small publication by Art Katz on "Apostolic Conversion" and was chewing on Paul's statement of "[b]Lord[/b], what would [b]You[/b] have for me to do" I glanced up and the only part of the aforementioned book that was showing out of the stack was the word "[b]OBEDIENCE[/b]" What arrested my attention was that embedded in the middle of that word is the word "[b]DIE[/b]" It had a particular impact in that I felt led last night to read John 12 and was wondering why Jesus responded to the inquiry of the Greeks who had asked "Sir, we wish to see Jesus"

" Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and [b]dies[/b], it abides alone; but if it [b]dies[/b], it brings forth much fruit.
Joh 12:25 He who loves his life shall lose it. And he who hates his life in this world shall keep it to life eternal.
Joh 12:26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there also My servant shall be. If anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.

2004/1/18 6:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy