Discussion Forum : General Topics : Balancing Truth and Love

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Authority

Hi Mike,

This jumped up into the radar regarding authority. It's a 2 part message from Stephen Kaung that I know you will enjoy, a description and the links a couple of pages down;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6072&forum=35#45127]What isn't "Speaking against God's annointed"[/url]

Ron, you hit this square on the head here;

Quote:
This matter of submission to authority has been greatly impressed upon me of late, and not just with respect to elders in the church but also down to the usher who seats us and even out into the world, where we need to respect even the authority of a clerk in a convenience store.

You guy's are really on to something here. At some point another ... mandate... comes into play.

[i]But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.[/i] Mat 5:44,45

It may seem the simpliest and even that sense of [i]Of course, we all know this[/i] comes about as a reaction. But how well is it evident more in the heart than in something fabricated or as a 'duty'. Recalling Chambers mention of this; "How can I really love my enemy when in reality I hate him." ?

A parallel alongside this is;

[i]Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?[/i] 1Co 6:7

Am thinking along the same lines as Diane's other [i]universal principle[/i] model.

As usual, the thoughts are running in various directions, but to go back to Ron's comment and the earlier mention of predetermined thought by way of 'balance', a sort of quasy situational ethic's, a verse and a 'principle' for every circumstance ... I guess what I am trying to say is have we yet come to the point where these things are part and parcel of the [i]new natural[/i], where they just come about without a whole lot of effort or brain strain? The clerk in the convience store, the guy who cut's you off in traffic (perhaps he has a real emergency?), the man holding out his hand for money ([i] Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away[/i]) regardless and without thought as to what he might use it for.

Finding that the real reality of the way's of the Lord are just in polar opposites, these seemingly paradoxes of how things [i]ought[/i] to be done.
Look how 'out of balance' the Lord is towards us, towards those who want nothing of Him in their life and yet ... [i]He causes the sun to shine on ...[/i]

2006/8/8 10:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy