SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : China police crush Christian church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 China police crush Christian church

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

Dozens of Chinese Christians are still detained or missing after one of the largest clashes in China between police and Christians in recent years.
Over 50 house church leaders and Christians are still in custody after the demolition of a large church in Hangzhou, capital of the coastal Zhejiang province in late July, reported China Aid Association on Wednesday. Among some 50 detained, four are still missing.

On July 29, some 500 police forces tore down a nearly completed church in Xiaoshan district in east China, clashing with 3,000 Christian worshippers, reported The Associated Press. The building was not registered with the Chinese government, although CAA reported that the church ...

more info: http://www.christianpost.com/article/20060804/23498.htm

2006/8/6 0:58Profile
Deany1980

Hong Kong (SAR)

nothing surprises me anymore

Nothing I hear about China surprises me anymore. I see report after report from VOM come out about China and how severe it is.. Then I read quotes like this..

"The past fifty years of suffering, persecution and torture of the house Churches in China were all part of God's training for us. He has used the government for his own purposes, moulding and shaping his children as he sees fit. That is why I correct Western Christians who tell me: "I've been praying for years that the Communist government in China will collapse, so Christians can live in freedom." This is not what we pray! We never pray against our government or call down curses on it. Instead, we have learned that God is in control of both our own lives and the government we live under. Isaiah prophesied about Jesus, "the government will be on his shoulders" (Isa. 9:6). Instead of focusing our prayers against any political system, we pray that regardless of what happens to us, we will be pleasing to God." Brother Yun (Back to Jerusalem - Paul Hattaway pg 68-69)

China needs 50 Million Bibles, we can overcome our fear of China in these last days by helping the persecuted Church.

2006/8/8 10:31Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy