· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : REVIVAL starts with PERSONAL revival!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Gery

REVIVAL starts with PERSONAL revival!

Recently, a group of 9 men visited our church for a weekend of services. 7 of these men were mere boys, 16 years of age. The other two were much older. All 9 of them are black people and come from a mission station here in South Africa. Each service would start with 6 of the boys playing a couple of hymns on brass instruments. Then a few of them witnessed, combined with preaching. There after it closed with a sermon by the group's leader Dumisani.

I felt the power of God working in my life. Their message was straight forward: make your life right with God, both Christian and unbeliever. We tend to think how a sermon is actually for someone else in the audience, but God wants to speak to ME!

During the services I started becoming more miserable. Many things came back to me. One in particular I want to mention. About 5 months before these services I found myself in the middle of a dispute. I was accused of many things, but I got through it by basically humbling myself. I have lots of reason to proof my innocense, but during these meetings I felt that I have to go back to the people in question and humble myself and apologize. The second night of the meetings I hardly slept. I was in fear and trembling before the Lord. I could not even pray! Some of these meetings lasted for 3 hours and more. It was like judgment. It was like a fire that burnt in me.
The end of the story is that I started cleansing my life, by God's grace. I realized that I needed to go back to my brother, not because I necessarily wronged him, but rather that he felt something against me (Mat 5:23 Therefore if you offer your gift on the altar, and there remember that your brother has anything against you,
Mat 5:24 leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.)
And today I am still reaping from what the Lord has done.

May we continue to be diligent in cleansing our lives: hypocrisy, pride, criticism, irritation, impatience, disobedience, unfriendliness, is what keeps revival away!

Go to a brother, confess your sin as it it, all of it! Pray together and see what will happen if you continue in such a way.

Do you have PERSONAL REVIVAL???

May God help us and start with me!

In Him
Gery

2006/8/4 17:33Profile
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re: REVIVAL starts with PERSONAL revival!

Quote:
May God help us and start with me!

Amen! May we all pray that!

[i]"I find it most intriguing to contemplate the fact that while men are considering what place to give Jesus Christ in history, He has already decided what place to give them in eternity." - Leonard Ravenhill[/i]

[i]"We all have to come to the realization that, as Jesus said "Apart from me, YOU CAN DO NOTHING". We cannot preach with any effect upon the souls of men at anytime or at any place. But it is like falling off a log to Him. For Christ to win souls is a daily occurrence." - Tim Gogerty[/i]

2006/8/4 19:41Profile

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy