SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : SI'ers: Why Has God Brought Us Here? ...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Rahman

SI'ers: Why Has God Brought Us Here? ...

[color=FF0000]Title Edit from: O LORD I have heard Thy speech and was afraid ... 8/7/06[/color]

You know i'd decided not to post this because i know i can be a real pain about REVIVAL - but then i'm not trying to have our Lord use a rock to replace me so here it is ...

Brother Krispy made the following remark over on another thread in regards the events taking place in Israel -

Quote;
"We better make sure we're ready, and also bring as many in as we can while there is time."

i just want to ask this question, "Does anyone think it possible for us by our own might and power to do the first task, let alone the second"? ... i was over on another forum site reading where someone commented about "SI's overarching emphasis on REVIVAL", and it made me look up "over-arching" which means: "dominating all else" ...

Yep REVIVAL, as it is in my own spirit/heart/mind, sure is the main gist of SI, and for good reason as i believe it inspired in attempts to get us to see that REVIVAL is the only answer to what WE ALL need to be doing individually and collectively ... It is my thinking that neither of what bro Krispy suggested can be attained without Holy Spirit's might, power, aid, and direction ... If any and all of us saints truly want to "be ready" and "bring as many in as we can while there is still time" then WE ALL need to be on our faces, Church leadership especially, bombarding heaven in heartsore repentance for our leaving our first love and work, and in the seeking of His latter rain to blast us back on track in the power of a fresh outpouring of Holy Spirit enabling us to lift up the Lamb of salvation how He's supposed to be lifted up by His Body ...

SI (to me) is a site whose main spiritual purpose is to proclaim our need for REVIVAL!!! ... So saints LET'S ALL HEAR & PRAY earnestly, and diligently, for REVIVAL!!! - Why else has our Lord created SI and led US ALL here??? ... There is such a great work ahead! ...

Hab.3:[2] O LORD, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known; in wrath remember mercy.

Joel.1
[13] Gird yourselves, and lament, ye priests: howl, ye ministers of the altar: come, lie all night in sackcloth, ye ministers of my God: for the meat offering and the drink offering is withholden from the house of your God.
[14] Sanctify ye a fast, call a solemn assembly, gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land into the house of the LORD your God, and cry unto the LORD,
[15] Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

Heb.11:[6] But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that [b]He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.[/b]

2006/8/4 16:10Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: O LORD I have heard Thy speech and was afraid ...

Quote:
SI (to me) is a site whose main spiritual purpose is to proclaim our need for REVIVAL!!! ... So saints LET'S ALL HEAR & PRAY earnestly, and diligently, for REVIVAL!!! - Why else has our Lord created SI and led US ALL here??? ... There is such a great wotk ahead! ...

Amen brother, time is short, let us press in and cry out for revival. We are like the people of Israel that are in our knees in mud under bondage in Egypt. We need to cry out for freedom. We will not stand at the judgement seat of Christ and have Christ tell us why did you plead so much for this revival? why were you anguished over a subnormal church? Let us press in for personal and coporate revival! The devil hates this restoration that is being prayed for, he resists us fetching strength against him and Oh how we need strength, send revival Lord strengthen your Church in this day.

2006/8/4 16:17Profile
FHIMIMUST

Re: O LORD I have heard Thy speech and was afraid ...

Quote:

then WE ALL need to be on our faces, Church leadership especially, bombarding heaven in heart sore repentance for our leaving our first love and work, and in the seeking of His latter rain to blast us back on track in the power of a fresh outpouring of Holy Spirit enabling us to lift up the Lamb of salvation how He's supposed to be lifted up by His Body...

God is speaking to you SPECIFICALLY with your own words.

When he blasts you back on tract it will NOT be so that you can be the same, you will not be the same, –church- as you once saw it, will NOT be the same.

When I think of REVIVAL I am reminded of REVIVAL according to the book of Acts. Are you ready to experience that type of REVIVAL, so therefore let me ask you, what specifically are you asking God for when you say REVIVIAL, what is it exactly that you would like God to do for you?

From the fruit of your lips in layman’s terms may it reach his ears and may your request be granted in Jesus Name.

IMUSTFORHIM

2006/8/4 17:32Profile
Rahman

Re: If We'd But Only Pray For Revival? ...

- IMUSTFORHIM i'm not sure what to make of your post ... But another reason why i start not to post many a thread is because inevetibly it seems someone will always pop up with something that's so far off the mark of the point i believe Holy Spirit is using me to bring, that in my flesh it can really be exasperating and i say to Him "Lord, what's the use?" ... But then i repent of my little pity party and by His might having done all to stand, stand some more. -

IMUSTFORHIM you wrote;

"God is speaking to you SPECIFICALLY with your own words. When he blasts you back on tract it will NOT be so that you can be the same, you will not be the same"

- If i'm off track then i sure pray so that He'll blast me back on track, because off His track is the last thing i want to be ... But i notice that you just joined SI on 8/3/2006 and your 1st post was in answer to my 939th ... Our Lord brought me to this site on 3/24/2004, so before you make such comments as you have don't you think it wise to read some of my history here on SI first ... Bottom line is you don't know me, and neither do you know how our Lord has been working in my life to bring me to the point of constantly crying out to Him for REVIVAL, as well as beseech others to do so as well ... My posts here on SI are pretty intimate as far as my walk with our Lord and what i believe He's called me for and to ... IMUSTFORHIM i'm not the same now, and my prayer is (as i know He is - Phil.1:6) He'll continue to blast me to His idea of "peculiar" , as i pray that He'll blast His Church -

IMUSTFORHIM you wrote;

"When I think of REVIVAL I am reminded of REVIVAL according to the book of Acts."

- Technically i don't think you can call Holy Spirit's initial breezing in a RE-VIVAL as there was no church yet formed to be RE-VIVED ... Acts chapter 2 is the ARRIVAL, and the example of what happens in Christ Body when we're under the proper authority and power of God the Holy Spirit ... This being that 120 saints gets turned into 3,000 AS THE SPIRIT ADDS TO THE CHURCH! ... Notice no need for any kind of man inspired "purpose driven" crapola ... The Acts chapter 2 Church experience is what every believer whose truly about what Christ wants should crave ... To me Holy Spirit's ARRIVAL in our church age is the example of the former rain, and RE-VIVAL is subsequent manifestations on His Church ... If you care to dig thru some of the sermons on SI you'll find a complete history of REVIVAL both in Europe and the US (look up J. Edwin Orr downloads) ... You'll learn from that history just what a REVIVAL does when it hits a nation/people ... You'll also learn that REVIVAL comes out of folk ferverently praying to God for such (the formula as per Joel:2) -

IMUSTFORHIM you wrote;

"Are you ready to experience that type of REVIVAL"

- YES!!! ... Like yesterday! -

IMUSTFORHIM you wrote;
"so therefore let me ask you, what specifically are you asking God for when you say REVIVIAL"

- Glad you asked! ... i'm asking for His latter rain, a fresh outpouring of Acts 2, but He's also made me realize that we're hard hearted to the things of Him and that we have to be re-broken to His will of Him as our first love and His commision as our first work ... So i'm also asking God as pre-requisite to our collectively getting on our faces and crying out to Him via Joel 2 to send us REVIVAL that He'll break us by any means necessary back to our first love and work ... Back to a stance of waiting on Him to empower us to His will, way and work, with the toppling of all the form and fashion so much of His church is now caught up in ... In the church our Lord has me assigned to in the bulletin it says, "This is the order of service, unless Holy Spirit directs otherwise" ... We'll i'm praying hard for that "otherwise" that never seems to happen!!! ...

And i'm also praying hard that our God will cut thru all of the individual crap each and every one of us have
when it comes to surrendering and submitting ourselves to any message of repentance and praying towards REVIVAL ... It's been my experience in my everyday world, and here on SI, that amongst many saints there is a low grade, under the radar, satanically inspired revulsion to the words "repent" and "REVIVAL", and that many a saint would rather attempt to muddy the waters regarding both subjects instead of just surrendiring and submitting to them ... And little wonder in that so much of todays Church leadership are opposed to deep messages of repentance, let alone them setting the Joel 2 example for such deep repentance and seeking of our Lord's latter rain -

IMUSTFORHIM you wrote;
"what is it exactly that you would like God to do for you?"

- See if you knew anything about me you'd know that what i pray for hasn't anything to do with "what i want God to do for me" ... This isn't about me, you, or anyone else who calls Christ Savior - THIS IS ALL ABOUT CHRIST AND WHAT HE WANTS US TO DO FOR HIM! ... If you can understand this my calling to trumpet the need for repentance amongst church leadership and the saints, and to seek and pray for REVIVAL, is not something that just popped up in my heart to want ... To be perfectly honest with you dealing with hard headed/heard hearted saints (my self first in line) is not something i would pick for myself, so it's my belief that it's our Lord who chose me to such a task for me to pray for and SEEK WHAT HE WANT'S from us!

IMUSTFORHIM today the Church in America for the most part has been tainted by that false other gospel called "properity", which we all know for a fact ain't pointed in the direction of spiritual prosperity for if it was we'd already be in His latter rain ... Can you imagine saints being as determined to gain treasures in heaven as we are with attaining treasures on earth? ...

As it stands now we seek the wrong "gifts" from our Lord ... What does Matt. 6:33 say? -

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

Bottom line is this, our constanly bombarding heaven for our earthly "wants" doesn't do smack toward the seeking of His kingdom, in fact by my estimation our persistent seeking of His hands sets up our wants as an idol sure to be knocked down by Him ... BEWARE OF WHEN OUR WANTS STAND BETWEEN US AND WHAT HE WANTS FROM US - WE BELONG TO HIM!

What does Luke.11:13 say? -

"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: [b]how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him?[/b]"

This is a promise to us individually and collectively, but i dare say that we are at a point now where Christ is very concerned with His Body as time is winding down and we have a much neglected great commision to perform! ... So in ending back to my main point about SI, why He created it, and why we ALL are here! ...
God wants our undivided attention, and the majority of us ain't hearing Him ... So He's raise up a few amongst His masses whose whole mission from Him is to proclaim His Body's need for REPENTANCE AND CRYING OUT TO HIM FOR REVIVAL!!! ...

IMUSTFORHIM you wrote;
"From the fruit of your lips in layman’s terms may it reach his ears and may your request be granted in Jesus Name."

- This is the only part of your post that i can say "yea and amen to" tho i don't know what you mean by "layman's terms" ... Now let me tell you what i'm praying in your behalf ... That our Lord has also a mission for you to do His bidding as far as praying for REVIVAL ... That He will also do whatever's necessary to you to make you His messenger of the need for repentance and REVIVAL within His Body ... And that He will truly make you aware of how you sign your post "IMUSTFORHIM" ... In Jesus most precious name i pray ... Amen -

2006/8/7 11:26Profile
OverSeer

Geneva, Alabama

Re: SI'ers: Why Has God Brought Us Here? ...

Quote:
SI (to me) is a site whose main spiritual purpose is to proclaim our need for REVIVAL!!! ... So saints LET'S ALL HEAR & PRAY earnestly, and diligently, for REVIVAL!!! - Why else has our Lord created SI and led US ALL here??? ... There is such a great work ahead! ...

Yes! SI is a site whose main spiritual purpose is to proclaim our need for REVIVAL and set us to praying (in repentance and for repentance). But it is also a place, I might add, to prepare us for revival and set us to preaching repentance - what great resources available in both audio and text formats!

"Truth has stumbled in the street, and uprightness cannot enter. Yes, truth is lacking; and he who turns aside from evil makes himself a prey" (Isaiah 59:14-15).

My calling as a pastor from God is to lead the church He has placed me in to be "the pillar and support of the truth", standing against the strong winds of deception and the rising tides of apostasy. SI is a resource from God helping me to do that.

Also, I believe that SI is being used by God to gather some of God's remnant and encourage them in these difficult days. "Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another, and the Lord gave attention [i]and heard it[/i], and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the Lord and who esteem His name" (Malachi 3:16). Be sure to also read verses 17 and 18.

Grace and peace
Olan

2006/8/8 0:06Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Quote:
... i was over on another forum site reading where someone commented about "SI's overarching emphasis on REVIVAL", and it made me look up "over-arching" which means: "dominating all else" ...

Rahman, you were are on another site?!! :-)

No defense necessary, but it would seem that whoever it is hasn't spent a fair amount of time in this midst. If anything, the emphasis is usually something that has to be brought back up time and again. Considering that this is the thrust of what Greg has set out to forward here it just lends even more graciousness to our host that so many other areas are brought to the fore ...

It still feels like Church to me, make that [i]the Church[/i], as it ought more to resemble.

But since we are on the topic, hope it stays up in our minds for awhile.

2006/8/8 1:40Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Quote:

Rahman wrote:

Is anyone embaressed to have an accusation leveled against us that we longingly yearn to see the Church of Christ wake up?

Sorry...I couldn't hear you over the snoring ;-).

2006/8/8 9:46Profile
Rahman

Pastor Olan (OverSeer),

Yea and amen to all that you said ... Man do i love it when a "preacher" speaks in humility under God as you have!

Quote;
"My calling as a pastor from God is to lead the church He has placed me in to be "the pillar and support of the truth", standing against the strong winds of deception and the rising tides of apostasy. SI is a resource from God helping me to do that."

May our Lord richly bless you, care and keep you strong in the power of His might, and continually draw you, your family, and your congregation ever further into His light ... In Jesus most precious name ... Amen

2006/8/8 13:12Profile
Rahman

Re: IT'S ALL ABOUT JESUS!!! ...

Bro Mike (crsschk) you wrote;
"Rahman, you were on another site?!!"

- Yep i was, and i was gonna name it but Holy Spirit convicted me :-? -

Bro Mike you continued;
"but it would seem that whoever it is hasn't spent a fair amount of time in this midst."

- Bro you'd be surprised ... In another thread you'd made mention to the affect of some things not necessarily being prophetic in that anyone who was paying attention could see the hand writing on the wall ... Well bro i agree with you about "if anyone was paying attention they could see" but i dare say that the great majority of us don't even see what's pretty blatant unless otherwise called out by Holy Spirit "to see" ... i know this was so in my case because until Holy Spirit got hold of me i was content in the bliss of my ignorance ... Then WHAM! He began to drop the scales from eyes ...

In my own everyday life with the people i meet both saved and unsaved the things our Lord has me talking about makes others look at me like i got a third eye in the center of my forehead (tho lately that's starting to change) ... Take for instance this thing with America's precarious economy, Holy Spirit started me seeing that 20 years ago and like you said anyone who was paying attention would have known that we were headed where we are now ... The books i believe our Lord led me to were by economist who back then were deemed "chicken littles", and my subsequent proclaiming the need to get ones financial house in order made some begin to refer to me as "the prophet of doom" ... But man now the things that i read about 20 years ago that everyday folk such as ourselves didn't have a clue about is being talked about on FOX, CNN and C-Span ...

i read somewhere that even if God had never sent a "warner" to Israel in OT times if the people had really understood the importance and brevity of God's requirements of them from the book of Deuteronomy, just by seeing how far of it's mark they were they should have known that unless they repented Divine correction would one day come ... They had the book, but they didn't see the obvious, then God sent His "warner" to remind them of the obvious and the consequences that would come if they didn't repent ... What was their reaction? - Kill the "warner"! - Which loudly proclaimed that not only were they ignorant, but they wanted to stay that way! ...

Same today, we have the completion of His Word, and if any of us has spiritual eyes to see, and spiritual ears to hear, in the worldliness that His Church is immersed in today, without any spiritual weirdos coming out of the woodwork proclaiming our need to repent, we should already know were cruisin' for a bruisin' ... Trouble is tho that so few know, and those that do i believe are primarily the ones that our Lord has quickened (what so many call the remnant) in attempts to prod others to pro-actively see and hear the obvious before we all ahve to re-act to His correcting hand

i believe our Lord has called me and set me up as a "warner" to His folk of really what we should ALL already see and hear His obvious - but alas even tho we spend a fair amount of time in His midst - we don't! -

Bro Mike you continued;
"Considering that this is the thrust of what Greg has set out to forward here it just lends even more graciousness to our host that so many other areas are brought to the fore"

- What i'm about to post here i've been told that i take way to far, but it is not bro Greg who has set out SI's agenda, nor is he SI's host ... i believe this is our Lord's agenda in which He has used bro Greg as His tool, and our Lord by His Spirit is Host making brother Greg co-host ... i subscribe to the notion of the bumper sticker that says "If God is your co-pilot then you're in the wrong seat" ... Scripture says "every good and perfect gift comes from above" and SI most assuredly is a good and perfect gift that apart from Holy Spirit bro Greg could have never done, let alone supply the blessings and inspiration of this site ... Just like none of the stuff God uses us to do to His glory should we attrubute to ourselves at all ... In my own life i don't see myself as the "warner" but Holy Spirit for scripture says "he that hath an ear let him hear what the Spirit is saying" ... Same with all the other members of the ministries set out in Ephesians - the work is the work of of Jesus via Holy Spirit, we're just tools ... i find this mode of thinking to be most sobering, and instrumental in keeping one in humility and humbleness of spirit ...

Holy Spirit has made me a real stickler for going "out of my way" to proclaim Jesus' due ... i know a sister whose always talking about how she helped someone, and i'm always prompted to say "no you should say how Jesus used you to help someone" ... At which point she'll say, "Well you know what i mean" ... Maybe it's me, but i don't know many folk who when we say "i" eqaute that with "Jesus" ... The point being that i believe all saints should think and speak more in the capacity of giving Jesus as much glory as we possibly can - "i must decrease, Jesus must increase" ... i've also found it amazing the "in" one gets to witness to the unsaved when one attributes a deed of kindness to "Jesus thru me", and the "in" one gets to minister and exhort the saved to Jesus supplying their needs via the same ...

Zech.4:6 - Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

Gal.2:20 - I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.

Eph.3-20 - Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

Phil.2:13 - For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.

Phil.4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"

Bro Mike you finished;
"It still feels like Church to me, make that the Church, as it ought more to resemble.
But since we are on the topic, hope it stays up in our minds for awhile."

- Aaaaaaaaaaa-men! ... i bless God often for His gift of SI and the fellowship of each and everyone here - and i do mean everyone! ... It is by the sermons and the interaction on this Forum that He has altered me so much better to His use and purpose in ways that i'd of never gotten otherwise ...

LETS ALL PRAY FOR REVIVAL, PERSONAL & CORPORATE!!!

Blessings in the beloved name of Jesus bro! - :-D

2006/8/8 13:22Profile
FHIMIMUST

Re:

This is the only part of your post that i can say "yea and amen to" tho i don't know what you mean by "layman's terms" ... Now let me tell you what i'm praying in your behalf ... That our Lord has also a mission for you to do His bidding as far as praying for REVIVAL ... That He will also do whatever's necessary to you to make you His messenger of the need for repentance and REVIVAL within His Body ... And that He will truly make you aware of how you sign your post "IMUSTFORHIM" ... In Jesus most precious name i pray ... Amen -

God Bless You Rahman, I can truly see your heart. But out of curiosity did i say something wrong ;-)

Bottom line is this, our constanly bombarding heaven for our earthly "wants" doesn't do smack toward the seeking of His kingdom, in fact by my estimation our persistent seeking of His hands sets up our wants as an idol sure to be knocked down by Him ... BEWARE OF WHEN OUR WANTS STAND BETWEEN US AND WHAT HE WANTS FROM US - WE BELONG TO HIM! Yes and Amen

Rahman, as i read your post MY SPIRIT REJOICES to see what God has done, and may I say that I am also encouraged. Spirit of God send your rain, and revive us Oh Lord.

2006/8/10 17:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy