SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Elijah in a cave

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re: True Revival

Quote:
"For myself, I fear any kind of religious stir among Christians that does not lead to repentance and result in a sharp separation of the believer from the world. I am suspicious of any organized revival effort that is forced to play down the hard terms of the kingdom."

Ron, thank you for using that quote by Tozer. To me that really sums up what revival is all about. The purpose of revival is for us as Christians to be transformed (revived) so that we can fulfill our destiny in Christ.

Let me end by speaking of the Brownsville Revival. I can speak from first hand experience b/c during the peak of the revival I visited Pensacola around 6 times and attended over 15 services. The reason I believe that Brownsville A/G experienced true revival is b/c there was an emphasis on repentance, salvation of the lost and holy living. What A.W. Tozer described in his quote above is exactly what I saw at this revival.

May we all be challenged to served God with our whole hearts and remain open to the sovereign move of His Spirit. God Bless and stand strong!

2004/1/28 6:48

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy