SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : No Fear? No Grace!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

No Fear? No Grace!

John Bunyan, the author of the Christian Classic "Pilgrims Progress", said this, "No fear, no grace. Though there is not always grace where there is fear of hell, yet, to be sure, there is no grace where there is no fear of God. For the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, and they that lack the beginning have neither middle nor end."

I thought when reading this about how quick so many preachers are to tell sinners about the grace of God when they have no fear of God! As John Fletcher said, "should I comfort those who do not mourn?" Some preachers are too quick and too willing to hand out pardons to sinners who do not mourn over their crimes!

As Ray Comfort, whom I believe to be the greatest evangelism teachers of our day, says, "Preach Law to the proud and grace to the humble. For God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble."

A. W. Tozer said, "The man who is seriously convinced that he deserves hell is not likely to go there, while the man who believes that he is worthy of heaven will certainly never enter that blessed place."

2006/7/31 17:40
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: No Fear? No Grace!

Ah, you quoted what I was going to quote by Ray Comfort. He came to share at our church back in May and then I started taking his "The Way of the Master" evangelism class. It's SO true when we read Scripture, that God LOVES a humble, broken heart. THAT'S who He is gracious toward. But those who think they are without sin, those who think they are okay by their own outward works, the truth of God's Word exposes.

It is SO sad that we can't lovingly correct a brother or sister these days of their sin, as the Bible instructs us to, without being accused of being judgemental or too spiritual. This message of grace has been distorted and abused. Paul himself warned Christians several different times, "DO NOT ABUSE GRACE!".

There is much to pray for concerning our own use or abuse of grace in our own Christian life, and then in the lives of others! May we ALWAYS seek to maintain a broken, teachable, humble heart before God and then before men!

2006/7/31 17:47Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy