SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Please pray for Mel Gibson

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
WorldView

Davao, Philippines

Re:

As for me I wont even read any reports of what Mel Gibson said. It is not my business to study his faults, just as it is not your busines to study mine. I am not implying that we do not acknowledge that he has faults.

That is where people lose their true Christ-like love. They begin to study the faults of others rather than first observing their own. Some know their own faults but seek to justify them by pointing our bigger faults in others. It is so easy for people to believe and dwell on the wrong things that others have done, rather than the good things. A person can do 1 million righteous deeds and a single unrighteous one and the devil will use that single unrighteous deed to eclipse all the righteous ones done.

Satan knows how the mind of man works. People like to know the faults and flaws of others so that it makes them feel good about themself. You can see this in a the gossip websites, papers, magazines and tabloids.

We should not allow satan to manipulate our minds and perspectives. We should see people the way God sees them and not the way the world does.

Has Mel Gibson believed on the name of the Lord unto salvation, maybe so; does he have the mind of Christ, obviously not, but neither does a majority of "Christians" in the church. What should we do? Pray for him and stand in the gap on his behalf. Help bear his burden through prayer.

2006/8/1 22:31Profile
WorldView

Davao, Philippines

Re:

See, look at what the devil has done.

"The ABC television network has pulled a miniseries about the Holocaust it was developing with Mel Gibson 's production company, the Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday, quoting an unidentified representative for the network."

"The incident has raised questions about the future of projects Gibson and his Icon Productions company are working on, like the ABC television miniseries based on a memoir about a Dutch Jew during World War II, the newspaper said."
quoted form Newsmax

2006/8/1 23:52Profile
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Re:

{quote} Rublue
Alcohol is a DRUG!! As a recovering alcoholic, I have said & done things countless times while drunk, only to feel the fool & remorse later. You brain is impaired, you say things you do not necessarily truly believe.

Rublue, I went to the altar and not AA over thirty years ago. Jesus set me free. I would never say that I am a recovering alcoholic. I say I’m free. The sin of drunkenness was one of the sins that made me realize that I was a sinner. It wasn’t until I admitted this sin that I could be set free from it.

{quote} MC
I guess I've assumed that alcohol acts like a kind of 'truth serum', breaking down our social behavior, causing us to speak uninhibited about what's really on our minds. Is this an incorrect perception?

Mike, To some degree this is true, however, a person who is drunk can think that something is real, when it is not. Maybe this is because the person is predisposed to delusion or maybe hypnotic drug use with alcohol use plays a part in this. Years ago, I experienced this.

I believe that the Lord has shown me that there will be people on the other side who I would not think would be there, and that there are people who I would expect to be there that won’t be found. I don’t know if Mel is saved or not, but I’m sure that if the Lord puts him or anyone else on my mind for prayer that I should pray for that person.

{quote} Paul West
I believe that our salvations are partly the result of someone praying for us while we were yet heathen.

Paul, I have a close friend that believes this. Do you have any scriptures that make you think this? This may be true but I can’t think of any.

GaryE

2006/8/2 2:17Profile
Compton

Re:

Many thanks Gary for your answer and your testimony.

MC

2006/8/2 2:30Profile
W_D_J_D

Re:

im still appaled at some terrible theology going on.....

listen peoples.......NO hater NOR blasphemor NOR drunkard shall enter in the kingdom of God.....yeh???

1Corinthians 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

1Thessalonians 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1Th 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
1Th 5:7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
1Th 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

Ephesians 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Galatians 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

What did that verse say again?

Galatians 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 13:13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.

About blasphemy.....again

2Ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

And in a past post i wrote some verses concerning hate......My only sugestion to you if one of these is present in your life.....REPENT in the name of Jesus.

If u think that u can hate Jews (and go to heaven), you need to repent.

If u think that u can be a drunkard (and go to heaven), you need to repent.

If u think that u can be a blasphemor (and go to heaven), you need to repent.

1John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

God bless u all.

Krispy in my opinon if u had hate in your heart u where still in darkness.......just like me when i thought i was saved for a while whilst i still hated jews and other people........

ciao

2006/8/2 5:33Profile

Re: Please pray for Mel Gibson

bartle said

Quote:
I know that Mel has been sober a great many years, and what drove him into Mooonshadows is what I'm getting at....

I'm glad to have this testimony from you, because it makes it all the more disappointing for Mel.

I hope the other contributors to this thread noticed you said '[b]I know Mel has been sober a great many years[/b]' because it gives a much needed perspective to your prayer request, and to some of the discussion which has passed so far.

C'mon beloveds, let's pray for this man, who [i][b]obviously[/i][/b] gave up drinking as a [i][b]lifestyle[/i][/b] a long time ago.

Who of us does not find thoughts, or words coming out of our mouths sometimes [i][b]when we're sober[/i][/b], which make us wonder if we really [u]think[/u] (what we just said) without realising we're in denial about something?

God allows these things to happen, that we might be more honest with ourselves, so that He can change us from glory to glory.

8-) Amen?

2006/8/2 6:48
Rublue

Bakersfield, California.

Re:

First I would like to say, I found God at the altar not AA. This is explained in my intro post. And I can only speak for myself, and the 1000's of alcholics seeking recovery I have come in contact with over the past decades. Alcohol is not a truth serum!! It does lower your inhibitions, so therefor you might say something to someone (boss) you might not normally say. But there is a line you cross the more you consume. I call this the line of no return. I myself was a blackout drunk. Meaning just that. I wold drink to a point where I did not remember hours to days. In this extremely dangerous state of mind, a person may say or act just STUPID, for lack of no better word. The worse part is you truly have no clue or memory of what happened during that drinking episode. The following guilt and remorse of your unknown actions are truly horrible. As a person who is insaine, you can not hold that person responsible for their actions while in this state. Yes, this person must be held accountable for letting his/her self get to that point. But to serioulsy take to heart what this person said or did, as what they were just holding in is not reality. And yes, if a crime is committed they must pay the price. Alcohol is a serious drug. And people with the DISEASE of alcoholism should be prayed for just as a person with cancer, or any other disease. A disease is defined as a illness that is both progressive and fatal. This is not just my opinin, it is fact. God Bless All!!!

2006/8/2 8:48Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Paul, I have a close friend that believes this. Do you have any scriptures that make you think this? This may be true but I can’t think of any.

Hi Gary,

Sure, I have plenty of scriptures, though you may not accept these scriptures because they do not say word-for-word: "salvations are partly the result of someone praying for us while we were yet heathen." But I believe God's will to pray for certain unsaved people is implied throughout the Old and New Testaments. God wants us to pray for the lost. Are you unsure that our salvations are largely due to the part of someone interceeding for us? If the term "pray for the lost" is not found in the Bible, word-for-word, does it mean we are to eschew praying for the lost? And if we pray for the lost, could not their salvations be, at least in part, an answer to the prayer of the intercessor?

Now, I'm sure that you are not against praying for the lost. You probably have unsaved loved ones that you pray for. If you read my statement more closely, you will notice I said [i]partly[/i] the result of someone praying for us. I didn't say it was "always" the result. I know that God can do all things. Yet I'm sure people prayed for me while I was a sinner. And even if no fleshly man or woman prayed for me, I believe Jesus Christ prayed for me. I know William Tyndale prayed, "Lord, Open the King of England's eyes!" as he was being chained to the stake. If the King of England got saved, would it not be "partly" the result of God answering Tyndale's prayer? If you talk to people who are saved and radically serving God, many times you will discover that there was an old grandmother or brother or sister or church family earnstly praying, supplicating God for sometimes years and years before God granted their salvation. Think of all the people soundly saved during the Great Awakening and during Finney's revivals. Do you have any IDEA how much prayer and prevailing intercession went into their salvations? If you're not saved, I venture to say that someone, somewhere is probably praying for your soul right now. And the intercessors do not even have to know you personally. Do the South Koreans know by name the millions and millions of Japanese souls that are brought before God's throne daily in petition for their salvation?

The Israelites could thank Moses for their lives, as his pleadings on their behalf prevented God from slaying them. How about Paul on the ship? If it weren't for Paul knowing the Lord, the entire ship would have sunk and all aboad would have perished. Their lives were spared as result of one man's intercession with God. Now think of yourself, the relationship you have with God, your new life in Jesus Christ. Would it be presumptuous to say that because of someone's intercession you were granted repentance? The truth is, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes of each person's salvation.

Why would the Holy Spirit burden us to pray for certain heathen, if the resulting salvations would not be 'partly' the result of us praying for them?

Your servant in Jesus Christ,

Brother Paul

2006/8/2 9:44Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Scripture says we must all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. In light of this, will God say to Mel Gibson, well done good and faithful servant..., or will He say, depart from Me...
You answer that one yourself.

2006/8/2 9:52Profile
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

Re:

I was prayed for by my now best friend Julian, and all of his friends for months before I even came to the lord, so praying for someone can go a long way.

We need to be in prayer for the lost, and if we dont feel like it or led to, then something is wrong with your walk ( and I am speaking to everyone in general).

God Bless

2006/8/2 9:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy