SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Please pray for Mel Gibson

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Amen Mark... you're right on. Thats kinda what I was trying to get at. Mel needs to get right with God, not fall under his wrath. Mel Gibson needs to get saved, just like I needed to get saved... and everyone else, for that matter.

Another thought about Martin Luther... Martin Luther was not the most moral man in history. He is a good example of someone who abused his “Christian liberty” as an opportunity to sin. It seemed that once he grasped the concept of salvation by grace alone, and not works… all bets were off. A kind of a “let me see how much I can get away with and still be saved by grace!”

Unlike someone else on this thread, I know we can not judge anyones salvation. Especially based on what they do or don’t do. If you don’t love the Jews you cant be saved? Wrong… salvation is based on God’s grace given to those who faith in the blood of Jesus Christ… and not on anything else. Not faith AND baptism… not faith AND prayers to Mary… not faith AND a love for the Jews.

Someone can be saved and be an anti-semite. I was saved and still had a lot of sins that needed to be dealt with. Still have many today! Praise God He doesnt deal with them all at once... I couldnt handle it!

Let's get our theology correct, people.

Krispy

2006/7/31 14:51
brentw

Ohio

Re:

Krispy, you still make me smile...AMEN! :-)

2006/7/31 15:29Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Re Thought this post

God Bless

2006/7/31 16:02Profile
OverSeer

Geneva, Alabama

Re:

Krispy said,

Quote:
Unlike someone else on this thread, I know we can not judge anyones salvation. Especially based on what they do or don’t do.

Maybe the Apostle John was wrong for writing First John and telling us there that you can tell the differences between the children of God and the children of the devil; between those who have a genuine faith and those who have a counterfeit faith. "In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil; whoesoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother" (1 John 3:10).

Also the Bible states that for the saved Jew and the saved Gentile, that the middle wall of partition between us has been broken down and that Christ Jesus has made both one and removed the enmity, so making peace (Ephesians 2:14-16).

People who "think" they are saved and are yet anti-semitic ought to remember one tremendous point of theological truth - Jesus Christ was a Jew - He is the Lion from the tribe of Judah!

Grace and peace
Olan

2006/7/31 16:43Profile

Re:

OverSeer... I'm glad you can see into others hearts. I, for one, prefer the wait and see method.

Next time I lead someone to the Lord, as soon as they say "Amen" I'll ask them what their opinion of Jewish people is so I'll know for sure whether they truly got saved.

Mind you, I agree that saved people should love the Jewish people (and any other people group! Remeber "Love one another"?). But to put love of the Jews as a requirement for salvation is both arrogant and misinformed.

Ahhh... saved by grace. How sweet the sound!

Krispy

2006/7/31 16:52
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re:

Quote:
But to put love of the Jews as a requirement for salvation is both arrogant and misinformed.

Brother, no one has said that love for the Jewish people is a requirement for salvation. But if someone is truly saved, they will have a love in their hearts for all.

For instance, someone who hates others becomes a Christian, they still hate, but gradually begin to love others. No. The Bible says "The love of God is shed abroad on our hearts by the Holy Ghost." If a person gets saved, and still hates, i doubt the validity of their salvation. "Ye shall know them by their fruits."

2006/7/31 17:14Profile
roadwarrior

Re:

Your observation is right on!

2006/7/31 17:23Profile
OverSeer

Geneva, Alabama

Re:

Krispy,

Maybe you've forgotten what you wrote about Mel Gibson,

Quote:
Mel Gibson needs to get saved, just like I needed to get saved... and everyone else, for that matter.

How did you determine that Mel Gibson needed to get saved? How did you know that he had not already been saved? Did you use the tests of First John and come to that conclusion from the Scriptures or did you "look into his heart"?

And,
Quote:
Next time I lead someone to the Lord, as soon as they say "Amen" I'll ask them what their opinion of Jewish people is so I'll know for sure whether they truly got saved.

Maybe you ought to do what the Bible says and wait and see if they bring forth fruit in keeping with repentance - it works much better that way!

Grace and peace
Olan

2006/7/31 17:29Profile
roadwarrior

Re: Please pray for Mel Gibson

It would seem that much of what we call christianity is really nothing more than american religion. Because american religion lacks the cross (I'm using a broad generalization) individuals become more concerned with the blessings of God instead of pleasing the God who blesses us. We have become a society that craves being motivated and comforted, thats evident in most pulpits across the country to this very day. In Mr. Gibson situation his circle of accountability only extended as far as his wife and children. However he has made a profession of faith in Christ and even went on record that it was the Holy Spirit who inspired him to create his latest production extoling the crufication of Christ. It was interesting to observe that even in his movie that the early releases (pre-market viewings) didn't include the ressurection Of Christ. Without the resurrection of Christ there can be no victory over sin, the devil or the world.

What's really needed is a "John the baptist" standing up with the power of God proclaiming the real gospel to a lost society. A simple message, straight forward and clear. Well I guess that's the challenge anyway.

2006/7/31 17:48Profile
OverSeer

Geneva, Alabama

Re:

Quote:
What's really needed is a "John the baptist" standing up with the power of God proclaiming the real gospel to a lost society

Amen! And the first word of the real gospel is "repent." God given repentance has fruit in keeping with repentance (see Luke 3:10-14).

If repentance was preached ahead of the coming of the King in grace, what needs to be preached ahead of His coming in glory? "Repent!"

Grace and peace
Olan

2006/7/31 18:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy