SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : APOSTASY - Sun Worship In The Church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sscr01

APOSTASY - Sun Worship In The Church

"And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone...Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similtude of any figure, the likeness of male or female...And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them and serve them..."Deuteronomy 4:12-20.

And, yet, that is what the children of Israel did, over and over again - even the priests (2 Kings 23:4-11). Matthew Henry makes a connection between this worship and the worship of Lucifer (Isaiah 14:12), who said, "I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God...I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High."

God showed Ezekiel, 25 women weeping for Tammuz and men in the inner court of the Lord's house, between the porch and the altar, worshipping the sun, towards the east. Ezekiel 8:13-18.

"Then he said unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? Is it a light thing to the house of Judah that they commit the abominations which they commit here? For they have filled the land with violence, and have returned to provoke me to anger: and, lo, they put the branch to the nose. Therefore, I will deal in fury: mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: and though they cry in my ears with a loud voice, yet will I not hear them."

The Lord had told the children of Israel to destroy the graven images (Deuteronomy 7:25) and all of their pictures (Numbers 33:52).

At the tower of Babel, they said they would build a tower, whose top would reach to heaven (Genesis 11:3,4). "Unto heaven" is a figure of speech, as it was in Deuteronomy 1:28. There is enough evidence to show that the tower (called, a "ziggurat") was connected with sun worship - their religion.

The Romans, when conquering peoples, would take their gods, thinking to take their power. Many graven images were brought to Rome and, later, brought into the church. For instance, the statue of St. Peter in St. Peter's Basilica, was that of Jupiter.

The golden child in the Vatican treasury, is reminiscent of the ancient worship of Tammuz. Born on December 25th, he represents the rebirth of the sun. He was called, "Baal-berith," or lord of the fir tree. The word, "yule," is a Babylonian word for infant. Both the Egyptians and the Persians celebrated the birthday of their god on Dec. 25th. Other names applied to the sun-god are Mithras, Horus, Isvara, Deoius, Jupiter, Plutus, Ninus, Osiris, Dionysus, Bacchus, Iacchus, Adonis, Attis, etc.

The placing of Mary in a crescent is a remnant of the fertility cults of the ancient mother-goddess, traceable to the Babylonian queen, Semiramis, titled, "Mother of God," and "Queen of Heaven."

The pagans placed a circle or aureole around the heads of their gods, which practice has continued in the Roman church. Even, Buddha has this circular symbol around his head. The disk or the aureola was used to represent any being as a god or goddess. Thousands of pictures of Mary and the saints have this same symbolism.

As paganism and Christianity blended, sometimes a saint was given a similar sounding name as that of the pagan god or goddess. The goddess Victoria was renamed St. Victoire, Cheron as St. Ceranos, Artemis as St. Astemidos, Dionysus as St. Dionysus, etc. The goddess Brighit (daughter of the sun-god, represented with a child in her arms) was renamed St. Bridget. In pagan days, her chief temple in Kildare was served by Vestal Virgins who tended the sacred fire. Later, her temple became a convent and her vestals, nuns.

Originally, the obelisk was associated with sun-worship, a symbol of "Baal," ( a title of Nimrod) because it pointed to heaven. The same obelisk (the ancient symbol of Osiris, the solar phallic god) that once stood in Egypt, is now in the entrance to St. Peter's.

The largest occult solar wheel on earth is, also, in the court of St. Peter at the Vatican - a wheel within a wheel, with eight spokes, a common symbol of cosmic energy in paganism.

The pope's mitre (hat) comes from sun-worship as seen in pictures of Dagon and Oannes, the Babylonian fish-god and Vishnu, Hindu fish-god.

Emperor Constantine's vision? He saw the cross of Mithra, the sun-god. "In this sign, conquer." A christian? He had his wife and eldest son murdered. Jesus told us to conquer "principalities and powers..." We are engaged in a spiritual warfare.

There is so much more...Do you see why Constantine established the first Sunday law in 321 A.D.? He was attempting to unite the empire - the Christians and the pagans. In 364 A.D., the Sabbath (seventh day) was, officially, changed to Sunday,(the first day) which, was called, "The Lord's Day," in sun-worship. The "Little Horn" (Antichrist) "thinks to change times and laws." Daniel 7:25.

Jesus, referred to himself, as "Lord of the Sabbath," the day he sanctified and blessed at Creation, and the day he told us to "remember," in the fourth commandment.

By honoring the day He sanctified, we show our allegiance to Him, and honor Him as Lord and Creator of the heavens and earth, and most of all, of us.

2006/7/29 18:08Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy