Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Reprove me, please

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
wyattearp

Re: Am I wrong?

Quote:
In my interactions with people here I stand by my convictions and that makes me unpopular.

I don't think you are unpopular here. I like you and I like the things you have said.

As far as judging others it is significant that the chapter that says "judge not" is the same one that ends with "you shall know them by there fruit".

I think that if you see a black animal with a white stripe down its back and smell the worst smell in the world you don't have to judge.

It IS a skunk.

Wyatt

2006/7/30 0:11Profile
wyattearp

Re:

Regarding responding to posts on a secular website I would say "Stay away so you don't get sprayed"

Wyatt

2006/7/30 0:15Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Thanks Blake

I appreciate your encouragement and your comments.

2006/7/31 9:41Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Thanks Ginnyrose

I know exactly what you mean about talking with atheists. They mostly want to lead you in circles trying to get you to defend your beliefs. I do my best not to debate, just state my beliefs and where they come from. if it looks like they want to argue, I just say, 'I wont convince you and you wont change my mind so to continue this discussion is pointless.' Thanks for the link to Ravi, he is my favorite apologist. I appreciate all your comments and encouragement.

2006/7/31 9:44Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Thanks Letsgetbusy!

I and other Brothers I am acquainted with, have expressed the need to be saved from sin, but they don't believe in sin, or that they are sinners. Its much easier not to have to be accountable that way, isn't it?

some response to the fact that all are sinners was this "your god needs to be destroyed" or "your god is detestable"

You can't really work with that attitude. I just pray for these people that God will open their eyes to their need for Him before its too late.

2006/7/31 9:48Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Thanks Wyattearp

that statement was made at a secular website, that I post to sometimes. Thanks for the reminder about that chapter. and you are correct about that website, I am sure to be sprayed. I try not to stray there too often....

2006/7/31 9:51Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Am I wrong?

ive often have the same problem...or what one should calll it... when you say what you belive to be the truth...people say you should not judge....

here is a thread on that subject judging...it helped me understand it a little better...
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=11508&forum=35#89991

gods pece to you
christian

2006/7/31 9:52Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Thanks Christian!

I appreciate your comments and the link! I'll check it out.

2006/7/31 9:53Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy