Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Complete Armour

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
lwpray

Sweden

Complete Armour

A conclusion saturated with absolute finality positioned as a portal opening up for the investigation regarding “The Christian in Complete Armour”:

The outcome of the Battle rests on God’s performance, not on your skill or strength.

William Gurnall

2004/1/15 23:22Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Complete Armour

This persevering is a hard work! Taking up the cross daily, praying always, watching night and day and never laying aside our armour to induldge ourselves, sends many sorrowful away from Christ. Yet this is your calling: to make the Christian faith your daily work, without vacation from the one end of the year to the other.
-William Gurnall

2004/1/16 5:52Profile
lwpray

Sweden

If you intend to bear up courageously against the opposition on your march to heaven, your principles must be well fixed.

W. Gurnall

2004/1/16 9:06Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Head knowledge of the things of Christ is not enough; this following of Christ is primarily a matter of the heart. If your heart is not fixed in its purpose, your principles, as good as they may be, will hang loose and be of no more use in the battle than an ill-strung bow.

W. Gurnall

2004/1/16 21:18Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

God deserves the best service you can give Him in your generation, so start letting His divine attributes manifest themselves in your life now.
-William Gurnall

2004/1/16 21:48Profile
Christian

Washington DC

Re: Pride

"Christian, look whenever thou comest forth to public duty, that thou hast a call. It is obedience to be ready to answer when God calls thee forth, but it is pride to run before God speaks."

The whole armour of God
William Gurnall 1617-1679

2004/1/17 2:04Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Whether you like it or not, you must go into the ring with Satan. He has not only a general malice against the army of saints, but a particular spite against every single child of God. As our Lord delights to have private communion with His saint, so the devil delights to challenge the Christian when he gets him alone. The whole issue of your spiritual destiny is personal and particular. You give Satan a dangerous advantage if you see his wrath and fury bent in general against the saints, and not against you specifically: Satan hates [i]me[/i]; Satan accuses [i]me[/i]; Satan tempts [i]me[/i].
-William Gurnall

2004/1/17 15:33Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

You can, if you will, take this fact as a source of great joy: Satan has no power where your eternal happiness lies! What do you have of value that is not in heaven? Christ is there, and if you love Him, your heart is there also.
-William Gurnall

2004/1/18 10:42Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Your work and your faith must go off the stage together.
This is your calling: to make the Christian life your daily work.
William Gurnall

2004/1/19 1:08Profile
lwpray

Sweden

To put on the armour of God is to appropriate His power in a most personal way. It involves first and foremost a change of heart.
W. Gurnall

2004/1/19 21:03Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy