SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : My contact with Mormons last evening

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

My contact with Mormons last evening

Last week I asked that folks from this forum be in prayer as I had a couple of Mormons coming to my house last evening. They had stopped two other times when it was not a good time for me to talk, so we arranged to meet last evening.

What happened last night was two different Mormon kids (probably 20 yrs old) came, however they brought a "big gun" with them... our next door neighbor, who has been a Mormon for about 30 years. He is apparently traning these kids. My guess is my reputation proceeds me, and they didnt want these boys trying to talk to me alone.

So basically I let them give their presentation, and I threw them a couple a softball questions in order to feel out my neighbor.

None of them had heard of the DNA evidence that prooves Mormonism wrong concerning the native Americans. I'm ordering the video TODAY.

I asked about archeoligical evidence, since there isnt any in North America... and my neighbor proceeded to tell me that there is a ton of archeological evidence that the Mayans and Aztecs in South America were actually a Jewish tribe. This was new info to me... I hadnt heard that before, so I need to study up on that. If anyone has any info on this please post it here.

I did not bring up any of the false prophecies of Joseph Smith or Brigham Young because I am saving that for the next visit... but I ended the conversaion asking them if these two men were prophets, which they all said "Oh most definately." So I pointed in Duet where is gives the scriptural test to tell if someone is a false prophet, and asked "Did all of Smith and Youngs prophecies come true?" ... and they all said "Yes, every one of them!"

Of course, this is certainly not true. But I'm saving that ammo for the next visit.

So be in prayer for these guys, and for me that God would give me the words to say.

Krispy

2006/7/26 8:16
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

Re: My contact with Mormons last evening

Thats awsome, I will be praying for you Krispy.

2006/7/26 9:29Profile

Re:

By the way... there is a ministry that has been mentioned on here before, and their website is:

www.lhvm.org

They have several videos about the DNA and acrcheological evidence (or lack of), and show where the Book of Mormon is NOT the Word of God. You can watch the videos online for free, which I am doing this morning, and you can order a "ministry pack" of 3 different videos and one book (all refuting the Mormon religion) for only $30.

After watching parts of them this morning I am going to order them today. My neighbor wants me to watch some DVD about Joseph Smith him... so I will agree to that so long as he agrees to watch these videos with me. I've seen the Joseph Smith DVD already (he doesnt know that) and it's just a fluff piece about him. No hard evidence, and can hardly be called a biography since it contradicts his own writings about his experiences.

Anyway... I recommend everyone get their hands on these DVDs.

Krispy

2006/7/26 9:46
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Krispy, you can check also videos from Jeremiah Films - [url=http://www.jeremiahfilms.com/cgi-bin/store/agora.cgi?cart_id=1457029.8794*CL2QO1&product=Mormonism]Mormonism[/url]
I have their video about JW's, it is good one, I got a lot of useful informations about this false cult.

2006/7/26 10:11Profile

If you know anything about Cults all your efforts are useless. Mormons believe what they want to believe. I was a cult leader of Moonies, they are only interested in Moon. Jesus led me out.

2006/7/26 17:36
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re:

Quote:
I was a cult leader of Moonies, they are only interested in Moon. Jesus led me out.

If Jesus was merciful enough to lead you out, wouldn't He be merciful enough to lead some Mormons out?

2006/7/26 23:55Profile
MR_CPK

Indiana

Quote-" my neighbor proceeded to tell me that there is a ton of archeological evidence that the Mayans and Aztecs in South America were actually a Jewish tribe. This was new info to me... I hadnt heard that before, so I need to study up on that. If anyone has any info on this please post it here."

There is no archeological evidence that the Mayans and Aztecs in South America were actually a Jewish tribe. This myth was started by a Roman Catholic Priest named Diego Duran in the mid to late 16th century. This dude was just generally silly. With a lot of bogus ideas that have been disproven. This one has been disproven by DNA evidence and there is NO archeological evidence. It is all just a fabrication made up in the mind of one weird priest...(another random thing he taught was that Quetzequatle (totally mispelled) was actually St. Thomas.

One thing the Mormon will probably bring up is that the Aztecs had something called the 8 commandments which are as follows...

I. Thou shalt fear, honor, and love the gods.

II. Thou shalt not use the names of the gods on thy tongue or in thy talk, at any time.

III. Thou shalt honor the feast days.

IV. Thou shalt honor thy father and thy mother, thy kinsmen, priests, and elders.

V. Thou shalt not kill.

VI. Thou shalt not commit adultery.

VII. Thou shalt not steal.

VIII. Thou shalt not bear false witness.

Sounds a lot like the ten commandments they must be Jewish right? Not!
This was FIRST reported by guess who? Diego Duran.

Something to keep in mind Christians and Jews brought their religions to South America with Christopher Columbus..(ie: they left Aug. 3rd, 1492)

2006/7/27 0:41Profile
WorldView

Davao, Philippines

very cool. I'd be interrested in hearing how the whole thing turns out, that way in the event that I should come in contact with Mormans, I know how to deal with them and what to expect and how to completely shut them down.

2006/7/27 2:25Profile

Re:

Quote:
If you know anything about Cults all your efforts are useless. Mormons believe what they want to believe. I was a cult leader of Moonies, they are only interested in Moon. Jesus led me out.

Well... praise God you came out. My Bible tells me to preach the gospel to every creature. And thats what I will do. Waste of time? Perhaps. But I'm called to be obedient.

Krispy

2006/7/27 8:24

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy