SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Prophecy beginner...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tafdavid

Prophecy beginner...

Dear Good Brethren,
I am interested to know what are good websites and resources for understanding bible prophecy. I have some youngsters interested in learning for additional study, but don't know what to recommend that is trustworthy?
Blessings, cheers and ta,
David!

8-)

2006/7/26 6:13Profile
roadsign

Re: Prophecy beginner...

Hi, David,and welcome!

I’m not sure what you are looking for. Do you mean prophesy – in the sense of learning to hear, speak, and follow God’s timely word? If so, here is an excellent book by Loren Cunningham. [url=http://www.ywam.org/books/ybooksearch.asp?BkID=1576582442]Is that Really You God?[/url] Loren was the founder of YWAM – Youth With a Mission. He learned to discern God’s voice, and obey it. He saw many marvelous miracles.

The Bible is really the best source of teaching on prophesy - as there are many examples of those who discerned the voice of the Spirit. Consider this verse:

“ Do not conform any longer to the pattern (THINKING) of the world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. THEN you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is… “ Rom. 12:2

Or do you mean prophesy in the way that the word is popularly used these days: what’s going to happen in the future. If this is your interest, I recommend that you first spend a lot of time digging into the Scriptures – learn to recognize it’s general message. The entire book is deeply prophetic. If your mindset is conformed to God’s word, then you will more easily discern what is NOT the word.

There is a lot of “speculation” that is put under the label of “prophesy”. There is a great deal of teaching and assumption out there (heresy) that is not explicitly revealed in Scripture, but merely implied interpretation, or in other words, additions to God’s word. People are playing chess with God's word.

It is easy to trust the voice of influential men and get drawn away from the main focus of Scripture and from our present Christian responsibilities. We do need to learn to discern the various voices of “prophesy”, since much of it is false, and really conforms to the thinking pattern of this world. Much prayer is needed.

May God bless you as you seek to grow in the understanding of prophesy, because it will draw you and the youngsters you teach closer to our blessed Lord. "For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophesy." Rev. 19:10

EDIT: I googled 'Hearing God' and many sites came up. I don't have time to study them all, but perhaps the best solution would be to pray for God to lead you to what HE would like you to read.
Diane

2006/7/26 8:00Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy