SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prophetic Credentials II

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
PosterThread
dohzman

Re: and the beat goes on...R day minus 12 indeed!

Iron--dude :-) what's up ! In respects to prophesy, especially from dreams and visions as well as the inward witness/small still voice, etc.... I think it's always best to be very patient on the Word of God. Very few prophesies have come true that actually had a time stamp placed on them, even the releaase of the children from babylon was approx, not down to the exact day, I know people like Missler have it to within the year, depending on which calander you use. So don't sweat it, you also have to understand as do many, that even a true prophesy, like the dream Joseph the husband of Mary recieved(twice) these were prophetic warnings, he acted on them and spared his household, there than is the principle, once a prophesy is given,,,especially in impendening judgement or doom, there's always a thread of mercy that can turn away the judgement or make a way escape or at least delay it for a time. The Nature of the prophesy has to be consistant with the present age of grace and the purposes of God which is that all may be saved unto Jesus Christ, so every prophesy must point ultimately to eternal salvation. Now we know that tough times(2Ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come) will come and are here and will get worse and worse, but that doesn't change some of the principles of God and how He acted in history, the warning came, and than God would look for a man to stand in the gap....notice I didn't say He looked for a repentant people, He looked for a man to stand in the gap, you see this principle worked out in the life of Abraham as he interceeded for Sodom, once He finds a man who will stand before Him than true intercession happens, I think we will find out that many very bad things have NOT happened because many unknown people(men and women) have stood before God inorder that the judgements might be averted. After the intercession is made and the Lord has left the gapman than normally you'll see an anointed proclaimation go forth, you see that in the life of Jonah. Than the people have a period of time in which a chioce must be made, a road chosen, either right left or straight ahead.Luk 13:2 And He responded to them, "Do you think that these Galileans were more sinful than all Galileans because they suffered these things?
Luk 13:3 No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all perish as well!
Luk 13:4 Or those 18 that the tower in Siloam fell on and killed--do you think they were more sinful than all the people who live in Jerusalem?
Luk 13:5 No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all perish as well!"
Luk 13:6 And He told this parable: "A man had a fig tree that was planted in his vineyard. He came looking for fruit on it and found none.
Luk 13:7 He told the vineyard worker, 'Listen, for three years I have come looking for fruit on this fig tree and haven't found any. Cut it down! Why should it even waste the soil?'
Luk 13:8 "But he replied to him, 'Sir, leave it this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it.
Luk 13:9 Perhaps it will bear fruit next year, but if not, you can cut it down.'"
God is patient and looks for fruit in the lives of those with whom He deals, and that fruit is a repentant heart, that's a safe place to be
:-)

2007/12/19 23:42Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, from my personal experience... humbling, off of the wall promptings from that still small voice have resulted in many a miracle. who would believe this? none of these ever made any sense to me. no glory here, jimp

2007/12/20 3:31Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Dohzman Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

you said:

Quote:
Iron--dude what's up !

you don't know how much that cheered me up! :-P

thank you for your kind words and exhortations bro, they are much appreciated.

Quote:
there than is the principle, once a prophesy is given,,,especially in impendening judgement or doom, there's always a thread of mercy that can turn away the judgement or make a way escape or at least delay it for a time.

indeed, and that is one of the things which bro Chris alluded to on another thread which Greg put up which had a word from another brother of a similar kind.

Quote:
Now we know that tough times(2Ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come) will come and are here and will get worse and worse, but that doesn't change some of the principles of God and how He acted in history, the warning came, and than God would look for a man to stand in the gap....notice I didn't say He looked for a repentant people, He looked for a man to stand in the gap, you see this principle worked out in the life of Abraham as he interceeded for Sodom, once He finds a man who will stand before Him than true intercession happens, I think we will find out that many very bad things have NOT happened because many unknown people(men and women) have stood before God inorder that the judgements might be averted. After the intercession is made and the Lord has left the gapman than normally you'll see an anointed proclaimation go forth, you see that in the life of Jonah.

i had been praying of late simply for as many saints to be quickened before, during and after this Judgment. also i had been seeking God that as many people as would should come to Salvation before during and after this because i believe He said His hand would not be stayed. Perhaps i needed to stand in the gap this way and that proclamation was to prompt me to do so. i know bro Chris said that he had been praying harder for this nation.

if all this proves to me my own folly, the greatest comfort would come from those who would say like bro Chris that they felt compelled to pray and intercede that much more even in spite of my foolishness. only God can make a miracle out of mush. well the hours tick on and sometimes i'm very sure and other times not so much but i always am bolstered to believe that this thing is coming...

may God have His way.AMEN.

Grace and Peace are ours in JEsus.AMEN.

2007/12/20 14:22Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Jimp Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

you said:

Quote:

jimp wrote:
hi, from my personal experience... humbling, off of the wall promptings from that still small voice have resulted in many a miracle. who would believe this? none of these ever made any sense to me. no glory here, jimp

don't i know it!!!

Grace and Peace are ours in Jesus.AMEN.

2007/12/20 18:33Profile
Rahman

Re: Prophetic Credentials II

Bro Ironman wrote;
"if all this proves to me my own folly, the greatest comfort would come from those who would say like bro Chris that they felt compelled to pray and intercede that much more even in spite of my foolishness. only God can make a miracle out of mush."

--- Speaking for myself if what i've spoken proves not to be from our Lord then i'll have very little comfort in any area save to be finally free from such long self delusion ... i've already stated my first/worst regret would come from my putting God's most Holy Name to what will have been proven to be as Ron Bailey called it earlier "my nonsense" ... Second would be that i've caused my pastor unnecessary grief ... Third that i'd have misled some saints that i know personally, and fourth that such a gross error (especially since i have no idea how many have read my weird faith on SI) might have the exact opposite effect as it's had on bro Chris and give some a sense of relief to even further laxity toward our collective need for repentance and corporate REVIVAL ... and lastly the full impact upon myself that i have no idea of God's voice in my own life (and i find that so scary) as well as the fact that i'm now at a point of such brokeness until i have no idea of what to do next if i find that it's not live (God in me) but memorex (of myself) all this time ... Will i lose my faith? ... No, only in what would now have become this past thing that i've called "my spiritual extra-carricular activity" ... i'll just go back to the very basics, to what i know i hear and understand from scripture, but when i think of it i think my intensity will be gone (and that scares me too) because i'll not be as sure anymore ... To be perfectly honest i haven't really been sure of much that i've done so far in what i believe i've heard our Lord tell me was "in this season", but it's precisely because i'm still on this side of "the proof" that i've been able to go on out on that water in my weird faith ... As bro Ironman and i both agree, because we both believe He said "this is the year" - if such proves not to be the case then how Rom. 8:28 will apply to us God will have to reveal if He chooses to, me myself i'll be looking at that Bass boat ...

i was thinking the other day of way back when i first heard a pastor say , "God will take your greatest deficit and turn it into an asset to His greatest glory" ... What was my greatest deficit pre salvation? ... Tenacity, back then in satans world, never being able to let things go once i'd latched onto them even when it became apparent that they were no good for me, whether people, habits, whatever ... Now i'm tenacious of my salvation in Christ, and of this weird faith that i've subsequently secumbed to, and now i sit at the cusp of becoming "free in it" or "free of it" but my tenacity will not let go until this year is exhausted because my tenacity of faith says "it only takes a minute - a second really - for God to change everything ... i feel i have nothing left of any confidence in my "self" so all i can do is trust God ... So again, whatever the outcome, may He get all the praise and glory, and may all of us as His children learn His lessons toward us, particularly the hard ones, because no matter what He does, or doesn't do in our behalf, His motivation is always out of love to His working toward our good ---

2007/12/21 10:15Profile

Re:

Hi everyone

I had to go back and read this thread from the beginning, so playing catch-up here:

Quote:
Mike said on page 1:
Think the whole of what has been couched in the language of "Five-fold" ministry is an overdone extrapolation and needs a re-examination. It does seem to come back to that which is descriptive over that of 'position' or title.

Something both puzzling and troubling that the emphasis has been placed on to use the modern parlance, 'What is my S.H.A.P.E'...

You have an important point here, Mike. Probably most of us went through a phase of wanting to know “What’s my ministry?” I certainly did. These days it doesn’t matter any more to “know my gifting” or have a label for whatever the Lord wants to do through me. Step by step is enough!

I was given a book by mistake about the S.H.A.P.E. thing. It was horrendous, pandering to human vanity and self-seeking.

However, that doesn’t mean that Ironman and Rahman necessarily have wrong motives (such as those that are attracted to S.H.A.P.E. and other such nonsense), in claiming a prophetic calling.

The Lord looks on the heart.

In Him

Jeannette

2007/12/21 15:57

Re: question for Mike - slight digression...

Quote:
Mike said on page 1:
Hi IRONMAN,

Since earlier days here and even our own ... seemingly at odds with each other over this matter of prophets...

Just a question Mike...

A while back you rejected a prophecy I posted, (it wasn't through anyone on SI), giving the reason that it was in the first person, speaking "as the Lord". At the time, though finding your response rather hurtful, (the Lord had spoken deeply to my heart through that particular word), I made no comment because there was a heated debate going on and I didn't want to cause further bad feeling.

But I'm wondering... Do you still hold to that view, or was it just a reaction to what was going on in the debate at the time?

If you still hold this view, how do you reconcile it with the fact that many, or even most of the prophetic words in Scripture are also in the first person? This is especially in the OT, but also in Revelation for example. Sometimes they go from one to the other in smooth transition, as if the man is speaking personally, then suddenly he shifts into the prophetic realm and the Lord Himself is speaking.

For example, in Psalm 91:
[color=990000]11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14 [b]Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.[/b][/color]

Obviously we have to discern if an utterance is of God or not, (if it goes against the message or Spirit of the Bible, then of course it isn't of Him). But I honestly can't see any sense in rejecting a prophecy merely because it speaks as if the Lord is speaking. It is understood by all that the person isn't presuming to be God, and that the utterence is in quotes!

in Him

Jeannette

2007/12/21 16:23
Rahman

S.H.A.P.E. ??? ...

[b]Sis Jeannette ...

What is S.H.A.P.E.? ...[/b]

You know it was a real shock for me to come out of the error of the JW religion at 29, only to find such a diversity of other errors in the true Body of which it's obvious many have fallen into ... i'm glad God delivered me from the error of the JW's but in retro they're pretty consistent with their error, not to much has changed in JW theology in the past 50 years of my knowledge of them, whereas within The Body there seems to be one movement after another ... i don't know, but if bro I and i are in error it's not of S.H.A.P.E. because we don't even know what that is ... i'm just amazed at where i am right now at this very moment spiritually, having come from such a closed, and locked down background where to say one heard from God, if one was not a member of the elite brethren in NY, was grounds for serious reprimand, then i found the Baptist weren't to keen on it either ... Only in the Pentecostal Church did i find encouragement in my belief that God was talking to me, but that kinda went out the window too when the messages were constantly of our need for repentance and revival, and not the feel good kind that promised "wealth & health" ... i'd love to go on and serve God in the capacity, and ministry i believe forth coming, even in the time of His correction, but if such is not the case it will be good to be freed from such a long burden of self-inflicted struggle, and tho i won't know why i'd done it, perhaps God in His working of Rom. 8:28 in my behalf will let me know ---

2007/12/21 16:28Profile

Re:

Quote:

WorldView wrote:
You know I think where some, if not many contemporary prophets go wrong, is that they are so used to having the Lord speak through them that they begin to assume that everything they have to say is of God.

I submit that as food for thought.

What I want to see are more Samuel prophets. The Lord let none of his words fail. That is porbably because he only spoke what he knew was the word of the Lord.

I want to see more Elisha's to. When the Shunammite woman came to him on behalf of her dead son he said,"...the LORD has hidden it from me and has not told me." He was in such communication with God then when something happened that he did not know about, it was because God hid it from him.

Actually I dont want to just see it, I want it in myself.

AMEN! (Especially the last snetence - me too!)

Jeannette

2007/12/21 16:33

Re: Economic downfall....

Quote:

MSeaman wrote:
I'm not wanting to get in the middle of this, but I would like to say that I have heard several people say that God has shown them that the economy will be failing soon....I've also heard the year 2008 mentioned...

It is really sticking one's neck out to give a specific time. That the Lord will judge the Western world (beginning with the USA?) is almost certain but the timing is far less certain, (unless our two brothers really have heard accurately from the Lord)

Especially uncertain because, as has been said, the Lord sometimes relents and delays His judgement if people repent. No doubt that was one reason Jonah was so upset when God didn't destroy Nineveh when [i]he[/i] said He would.

However, it [i]was[/i] destroyed some time later (over 100 years if I remember right?) So Jonah was correct in that aspect...

So [i]was[/i] Jonah a false prophet when he got the timing wrong, or wasn't he?

And if economic collapse doesn't come at the end of this year, does that mean Ironman and Rahman are false prophets, or not???

This still puzzles me...

in Him

Jeannette

2007/12/21 16:48

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy