SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prophetic Credentials II

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Ron
you wrote this:

Quote:
Jesus' word to the church at Ephesus

and quoted this scripture:

Quote:
“thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:”

in response to this which i said:
Quote:
it seems to me that if one walks up to me and says "i'm a righteous man" or "i'm a prophet" and i take him at his word i'd get the reward which comes with it. whether or not there is truth in what was just said remains to me seen.

bro Mike brought that up in his response (which is one of the reasons i love fellowship, if one of us slips us, God sends someone to set us aright) stating that it was a dangerous precedent. i should have qualified the statement initially but i didn't, hence the confusion. i did qualify it however in bro response to bro mike by stating that we take the man at his word and then try him rather than reject him right away without taking the time to do so. and this trying ought not to be based on our own understanding but only that of our Lord lest our predispositions and dislikes of that person affect our judgement. also we ought not feel threatened because we are 1 body and no part is more important than another. the word does say if we accept him in the name of a prophet but it doesn't say that we ought not try him and i left that part out. my apologies brethren.

Quote:
Personally, I reject Ironman's claims to apostleship and prophethood.

when i saw you'd posted and even before i read your post i knew you'd say that! :-D love you bro!

Lord your will be done. AMEN.

2006/7/24 12:36Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Mike

Quote:
My, shut the guy up for awhile and all of a sudden he is full of opinion ...

i guess when one is 5ft 4 and 130lbs playing rugby with guys twice his weight, he must be fearless and come out swinging harder than anyone else to survive! :-P

well bro really our Lord had shut me down for a while in order to deal with me some more about all this. much has been achieved but there is much left to do. i praise God that HE who has started a good work in me will see it to completion though. AMEN.

Quote:
Generally speaking, yes. A better articulation usually. Just as often though, if not more often, it is something that I am yet musing on, rather than a conclusion.

oh ok i see, thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
Could fill a number of pages here to answer that ... Actually I probably already have!

ditto bro!!!

Quote:
Seriously, I guess I don't tend to look at things in that way or express them in that manner. Still am of a mindset that is quite distrusting of the muddy mix that is evident in sorting through the natural from the spiritual, the things 'revealed' by the Lord through the Holy Spirit... That is to say that a great deal is held in abeyance, is inconclusive, that there is a 'knowing' that suppercedes even our own particular understanding and even defies a proper articulation. It's practically speaking, underneath, deep within the soul and I do find much better ... pieces if you will of it drawn out in a lot of these old dead guy's who are still speaking...

i see. this explains a lot. i can identify with that inability to express certain things i know to be true, as a result i have to keep much to myself and my wife, james and bro rahman seem to be the 3 who can understand these things.

Quote:
It has grown and changed especially over the course of the last 3 years here and why the tendencies is to burst out with exclamations sometimes of the value and import of what all is to be gleaned and contemplated from this wonder of wonders here. SermonIndex is what it is by way of the enormity of long lost Christian ... thinking, that which seems to have been so done away with in this modern era. There is so much to truly ponder and muse on to come to conclusions, to side with a denominational mindset or theological construct ... I must say it again; I am finding that this life with the Lord is nothing as I had imagined it years ago, is full of wonderful paradox, opposites, seemingly contrary ways and mannerisms, the simplistic is so often more evidently true that "Thou knowest" is much more of a comfort than to have to have an answer for everything.

indeed bro, this walk with our Lord is quite unlike what i thought it would be. definately far more strenuous/demanding than i thought because it requires death to self (go figure) praise GOd He gives us grace enough to endure.

Quote:
Much yet to learn, how thankful for another day to be molded into that Image.

indeed bro, praise God He will see us moulded into that most wonderful Image of Christ. AMEN.

2006/7/24 12:59Profile
Rahman

Love Suffereth Long, and is Kind ...

Bro. Ron wrote;
"Personally, I reject Ironman's claims to apostleship and prophethood."

Ha! ... Ha! ... i post this in the spirit of jest and levity, but as soon as i saw this thread i knew it was bro Ironman, as i also knew this was sure to bring you (bro Ron) at it like one of those octupus thingies in the Matrix ... i guess it's safe to say, and i qualify this in attempts to stay out of your scope by stating if in fact God has called bro. Ironman as prophet, you won't be recieving his reward huh? ... :-P

Bro. Ironman in response to brother Ron's reiterating his rejection of your belief of your calling(s) you responded; "when i saw you'd posted and even before i read your post i knew you'd say that! love you bro!"

i'm not posting here to the topic of this thread because from the first Prophetic Credentials thread our Lord freed me from the rigors of this subject by saying to me "Just Be", besides He's moved me so far past this until it's now a part of what i've come to see as that door behind me (tho it may not be so in His use of bro Ironman) ... The reason for this post is i feel led of Holy Spirit to point out this one most important little word between we brethren - "love" ...

1Cor.13
[1] Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
[2] And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing.
[3] And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not love, it profiteth me nothing.
[4] Love suffereth long, and is kind; love envieth not; love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
[5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
[6] Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
[7] Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
[8] Love never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
[9] For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
[10] But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
[11] When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
[12] For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
[13] And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

To most, if not all of us here on SI, i'd say we all come here under the categories of believers and/or diligent seekers ... It is my personal belief that God inspired bro Greg to put up SI just so He by His Spirit could gather all who come here to be rubbed up against one another in forum to the benefit of our learning new truths to be taken on and the rubbing off of things we may now concider truth but He'll eventually free us from ... i also believe that of those who have been on this forum for a while, tho we may differ in some areas of faith, also pretty much love our Lord and are trying as best we can to be who and what He wants us to be and are seeking after His Kingdom ...

i know we all don't agree on everything, and sometimes as in any family we members can get on one anothers nerves to the point of sometimes holding and displaying contempt for one another ... i know this has been true of me, but i praise God that thru this forum especially He has rubbed and polished me to a point that i hold no secret anamosities, contempt or grudges with anyone here, or whom i know personally, because of disagreements or disbelief in where i believe my own walk with our Lord has and is taking me ... On this forum our Lord in me has truly brought to light the practice of 1 Cor. 13, for no matter what even thru all our denominational and doctrinal differences all of us who truly love our Lord can (i pray) agree that we're His, that makes us family, and that we should show love to one another ... In my own life i've always wanted to be like Paul for our Lord, but i've always heard Him say that He wants me to be like John for Him in reference to His Church ... It's taken me some time to surrender to this, but in my doing so i sure can certainly see why our Lord is so right in this ... He said in John.13: [34] A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
[35] By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." ... If we don't show the love of 1 Cor. 13 to one another how will all men come to know that we are His disciples?

The love of our Lord Christ Jesus to us all, in us all, and thru us all, as a faithful witness to all men that we are in fact His followers ... Amen ... :-D

2006/7/24 14:00Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: Love Suffereth Long, and is Kind ...

Hi Rahman
What happened to that revival you were predicting at your church a little while ago?

2006/7/24 17:38Profile
IRONMAN

Revival is still in the wings...

bro Ron wrote

Quote:
Hi Rahman
What happened to that revival you were predicting at your church a little while ago?

i suppose that's what the jews in the days of old said when the things they were warned of didn't come to pass in the timeframe they invisioned. :-?

when the revival does come i pray we'll all celebrate together!

2006/7/24 18:50Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
My, shut the guy up for awhile and all of a sudden he is full of opinion ...

Just a point of clarification here... was speaking of myself.

2006/7/24 23:09Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: Revival is still in the wings...

Quote:
i suppose that's what the jews in the days of old said when the things they were warned of didn't come to pass in the timeframe they invisioned.

Is all prophecy conditional? If so, what would be the point of...“And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.”
(Deut 18:21-22 KJVS)

In March 200[u]4[/u] Rahman wroteOver 20 years ago (1983) our Lord spoke to me in a Holy Ghost filled service, the likes of which i've not experienced since, this word ...

"My final REVIVAL is coming and it will begin here"!

Since i recieved this word in the below posted church i took it to mean this church group;

MT. AIRY CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST
http://www.mtairycogic.com/html/home.htm
7800 Ogontz Ave.
6401 Ogontz Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19126
Bishop E C Morris - Pastor

Our Lord has really been impressing on me of late to not be afraid to NOW boldly proclaim what He told me all those years ago, and so i've begun to do just that to every saint i know, come in contact with, and thru this post on SI ...

Seems to me He's about to bring to pass my over 20 year burden, or i'm about to be proved one self deluded false prophet (i quake in fear at this thought) ... i pray ernestly for the former, and hope to God it's not the latter, but either outcome will be freeing to me, as my Christian experience has certainly not been an easy one in this regard ...

So in the meanwhile please pray for this pastor, this church, and myself, as the spiritual warfare associated with such an intention of God surely has Hell in an uproar ... and keep your spiritual ears atuned for the unmistakable rumbling of REVIVAL to come forth out of Mt. Airy COGIC, in the city of Philadelphia, Pa. ... Soon!

i hear Him saying in my spirit (even now as i write), exactly what i'm now boldly proclaiming ... His final revival is coming, and it will begin at Mt. Airy COGIC, in the city of Philadelphia, Pa. ... And when it kicks off, as brother Ravenhill said, "No one will have to announce the fire" ...

Philadelphia, Pa. and the surrounding area is about to become the flash point city for REVIVAL, and it's gonna spread! ... Man, is it gonna spread! ... Our Lord has called me out, i'm answering His challenge, and i don't believe He's brought me this far, to leave me! ...

Time will tell whether i'm of God, or belong in a box Muselix ...

At the beginning of 2003 He told me to get my house in order, to gird up my loins, a conscious clearing out of and keeping out sin in my life ... At the beggining of 2004 He said to me, "Now is the time" , and this past weekend thru much spiritual battle He's told me to boldly proclaim what He said to me 21 years ago ... So i'm obeying because i believe, and i know that whatsoever is not of faith is sin, so if i am mistaken i know He'll forgive me because it's out of faith ...
Maybe I just have a longer memory than some...

2006/7/25 4:36Profile
WorldView

Davao, Philippines

Re:

Not all prophecy is conditional but from what I have encountered, alot of it is. But hey, mabey the position that I'm in causes me to come in contact with more conditional prophecy than unconditional.

2006/7/25 6:59Profile
IRONMAN

squiddies...

bro Ron

Quote:
Is all prophecy conditional? If so, what would be the point of...

i guess if our Lord has not given a specific time we can't write it off. if i remember well, much of what the Lord's prophets of old said happenned much much later after it had been said.

Quote:
Maybe I just have a longer memory than some...

you do have a way of digging up stuff and wielding it like a heavy blunt object :-P ...i don't see a set time in which our Lord said it would begin so i don't think you can use that scripture to write off bro Rahman...well i guess you can if you want to. anyhow Lord your will be done.AMEN.

love you bro!

2006/7/25 8:46Profile
Rahman

Love is not easily provoked ...

Bro Ron you wrote;
"Hi Rahman
What happened to that revival you were predicting at your church a little while ago?"

You're a mean one Mr. Grinch! ... :-P

Tho i'm sure you meant this question as a taunt bless God i'm still operating here in the spirit of love, so i'm pleased regardless of how you meant it to reply in my long running testimony here on SI of what's going on in my spiritual life ... But before i get to that since i've not escaped your crosshairs let me further elaborate on why my initial post ...

In my initial post regarding showing love to one another i was attempting to point out that tho we as saints may not agree with one anothers faith path, instead of our showing contempt, perhaps we could just disagree on these points in love and not call one another "liars" veiled in scripture as you did in reference to bro Ironman “thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:” ... Which i thought was not only mean-spirited but mis-applied seeing that bro Ironman has not yet presented himself to any congregation as an apostle and therefore has not yet been tried to be found true or false ... So in your quest to "whack him" i think you used the wrong stick ... As i've said before, as our Lord has taught me via this forum, if we think our brother way off on the deep end and we see ourselves as right, then instead of publicly displaying our contempt, as a faithful witness perhaps it would be better to overtly show love while covertly bombarding heaven on our brothers behalf ... Bro Ron there was a time when i had as much contempt for you as i believe you still have for me, and any others who you think are operating in a misguided pentecostal sort of way ... But i don't have that anymore, because regardless of all our differences the fact that Jesus calls us His makes us family, and that same Jesus says that we are to love one another ...

Another thing i'd like to point out is that when i first came here to SI it seemed an unspoken rule that you were the resident final authority and last word on any subject that you chose to engage ... That's why i likened you to one of those octupus thingies in The Matrix that were bent on nothing short of total destruction of anything that wasn't of the mechanical Matrixi (i think one of the major problems with todays Christianity is that we've become far to mechanical) ... But i praise God that this no longer seems to be the case here on SI especially since you took the time off to go over and start your own forum ... It's not the same over there as it is here on SI is it? ... SI is a Holy Ghost inspired site/forum for Himself to tear us ALL down where we need to be torn down, and to build us up where we need to be built up, and none of us here that are led to this site can escape that ... There is no spiritual growth to be gained from rubbing against oneself, or with those of like thought ... As impossible as it might seem to some we can all learn from one another, and need one another, which is why Holy Spirit thru Paul wrote of the unity of the Body ... Holy Spirit truly is the final authority and the last word for all us believers individually and collectively, and as soon as Church leaderships comes to a new and heartsore repentance toward this inescapable fact then our Lord can go on and get us about His business - which leads me to my answer to your initial question ...

First off i praise God that what i believe He's said thru me regarding REVIVAL coming to my church resonated in you spirit for whatever the reason to stick ... As i stated this is something that i heard in my spirit some 20 years ago ... Our Lord did not give me a specific time and when years began to turn into decades i've went thru all kinds of spiritual highs and lows regarding this, but there was always a turn of circumstance or some event that when i began to tire i'd always get propped up spiritually to keep on going, to keep on proclaiming and most importantly to keep on praying for this coming REVIVAL that i believe our Lord has said to me is coming ... Brother Ron i had to chuckle at your saying "a little while" in reference to this REVIVAL ... It may seem a little while ago to God, and to you, but trust me as the one kicking against all odds about this thing it sure hasn't seemed like a little while to me ...

i recently put up a thread about an experience i call the waiting room ...

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=10395&forum=35&50

... and our Lord is certainly taking me thru some necessary changes in this period ... This waiting room experience has much to do with my now waiting on our Lord to bring to pass all that i believe He's said to me ... The other day our Lord recalled to me a thread i posted about two years ago ...

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1887&forum=40&1

... its remembrance prompted by a series of events in which having a sense of real peace has come over me regarding your question to me ... See for the last couple of months i've been going back and forth about whether to continue believing in this coming REVIVAL ... i began to entertain the thoughts of those who have said to me "what if it's not God"? ... But i came to the conclusion that it's easy to think "what if it's not God?" as opposed to "what if it is God?" ... It's the latter take that i see as "faith", and the peace that's come over me about the coming REVIVAL to my church, America, the planet, as well as the coming economic upheaval, is that i made a conscious decision to stop being double minded about these things and to believe 100% that not only has our Lord made known these things to me but has empowered me by His Spirit to keep on keeping on ... So recently i've not only stepped up my "expectation" regarding this coming REVIVAL, but my petitioning to Him for it also ...

Bro Ron i'm still waiting and praying, and i'll do so for as long as it takes, tho in my spirit i believe He's showing me (especially via recent world events) that it won't be to much longer ... Bro Ron i know you think the faith experience of myself, brother Ironman, and perhaps a few others here, to be as you so delicately once put it - nonsense - but it's what we believe, and so to the dismay of many we act on it ... If we are wrong God and time will reveal it, and correct us, but in the meanwhile as i said before, if you think us mis-guided pray for us in love, and please respond to us in love ...

When that REVIVAL finally hits my church, and the fact that everyday it seems less and less likely just motivates my faith even more, Bro. Ron you'll be the first one i tell here on SI ... And when i come telling you it will be in the spirit of love as when Joseph embraced his brethren in Egypt, tho their initial reaction to his vision was to throw him into a pit then sell him into slavery ... REVIVAL is the only answer to all the ills of our present modern day Church and i trust God not to let us slide any further down this slippery slope
of wordliness ...

Finally i'm reminded of Pauls words at: Rom.8:[35] Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? [39] Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord ... By Holy Spirit i sense that this is the same way we as believers are supposed to feel about one another ... God forgive us that we've allowed denominations, doctrinal differences and different faith experiences seperate us from Christ-like love for one another ... No matter what our differences brother Ron
you are my brother in Christ and i love you :-D ... Amen

PS - Until i have a report of REVIVAL breaking out at my church this is all that i have to say on this subject for as i afore-statated i heard our Lord say to me "Just Be", and i also don't want to be party to having this thread locked - just wanted to answer your question brother Ron.

2006/7/25 10:52Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy