SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Homeless Shelter Ministry *Update*

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Homeless Shelter Ministry *Update*

Tonight I officially began the weekly Bible study at the local homeless shelter. It was really an amazing time.

I arrived there somewhat nervous, especially since I got there a few minutes early by myself. My pastor showed up after a few minutes. Eventually I made my way through the shelter to the main office, and they opened up a room for me to conduct the study in. I was greatful to see they had some old sofa's and old lazy-boys throughout the room for us to sit on. It's a good thing too, as the room had no air-conditioning in it. A lone fan and cracked window were the only things to cool the room off on a 95 degree, humid day North Carolina summer day.

When we got started, there were altogether about 6 of us. My pastor opened up playing his guitar and singing a few hymns. Then I went ahead and prayed and began teaching from Psalm 33:6-9 on the power of God's word. Over the next 20 minutes or so, more and more people began to suddenly show up. Eventually the only place to sit was on a table! By the end of the evening, we had nearly 15 people altogether join us.

God really seemed to move. Some people began to realize their own lack of being "effectual doers" of God's word, and their lack of building their lives off following Christ. Many people contributed to the teaching, and discussed what was going on in their lives. Some of it was very personal. One woman shared how she was raped by her brother that she lived with, then kicked out in the rain with nowhere to go, and is now struggling to get a job.

Many people expressed a desire to start attending our church. Hopefully we'll be able to bus these people. As it is though, our bus ministry out to the shelter is already near capacity. However, if we are not able to do such, I'll still be going out week after week to bring them God's word.

Please continue praying for me. This seems like it is going to be a very fruitful ministry.

2006/7/17 23:50Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: Homeless Shelter Ministry *Update*

This all sounds fantastic! May the Lord bless your ministry with the fruit of many salvations.

Bro. Paul

2006/7/18 0:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy