SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : A call to anguish

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

A call to anguish

I feel the need to say something on this matter, and please do not let the length of this thread put you off.

I feel terrible at this present moment. There is a fire in my heart, a fire for the lost, which I cannot quench. I have prayed and prayed and prayed for a vision of hell and eternity, knowing that I need to be woken up from this selfish slumber which I am presently in.

I have something in me that cries out to save the lost, however I have shed no tears. I feel there is something inside of me waiting to break out, waiting to scream and cry and weep for my own sin, and then weep for the countless souls that are pouring into hell daily.

As mentioned above, I have prayed so much, however I feel physically and spiritually sick because it is stuck inside of me, burning away at my very soul, although unable to come out. I am at an end and have no knowledge of what to do next.

I feel there is an anguish inside of me, although I cannot communicate it. There is something in my soul that I believe is from God, although I know not what to do.

To many, this thread may seem pointless, although I would ask for your prayer. I ask this because my flesh has gotten so selfish and dirty that the real fire, the real passion in my soul cannot get out. I have prayed for something to happen, something to break free, although as yet there is no answer.

I think of the lost souls going to hell and burning in an everlasting fire, covered in darkness, pain and torment. I cannot seem to let it out.

Is this anguish? I listened to a sermon by David Wilkerson on this subject, but he spoke a lot on the outward communication of anguish and as yet I have none.

I am at a ends and just ask for your help in knowing what to do and where to turn. I have tried filling my day with Bible reading, prayer and discussion, although I still feel that I lack something.

There is a time for weeping and a time for laughter. I feel I am in a deep pit with no way out. Countless souls are literally pouring into hell every single day and I cannot shed a tear. I fail to witness to people I brush shoulders with daily.

Sorry that I take a long route to my questions: what is happening to me? Why do I feel this way? And most of all, what can I do about it? Suddenly my prayer life has drooped; I was in intercession with God not long ago, but since this feeling has emerged, my praying has gone stale. Has God deserted me? Have I deserted God? Is this anguish from the Lord? Or is Satan driving me to feel this way?

I can't really put this into words, but please help me!

2006/7/14 11:34
Logic

Re: A call to anguish

richardf wrote:

Quote:
I have prayed and prayed and prayed for a vision of hell and eternity,

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=8084]What hell is like by David Wilkerson[/url]

Look for "Jewish Understanding of Intersession, by Jacob Prach

This is realy good!

Pray for Gods' Love and HIS view for this burden that He is haveing you share with HIM.

Pray for HIS Heart as and when you pray.

2006/7/14 11:47Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

I'm there with you brother. I have had tears and anguish for the lost before, but right now I feel like I'm on the verge of just letting lose with a baptism of tears but I just teeter on the edge and I can't get it out.

But Blessed are those who wait on the Lord, we just have to wait and know that we are speaking to God even when we feel like we're going through a dry season. You won't always have the heart for the lost that you want to have, when you don't, just keep praying for the Lord to break your heart and wait on Him, it could takes weeks of prayer and faith.

I'll be praying for you, pray for me also if you don't mind! :-)

2006/7/14 14:12Profile
vico

Re:

"And I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh"

"O that thou wouldest rend the heavens...

"...that thou wouldest come down..."

"...that the mountains might flow down at thy presence...

2006/7/14 14:30Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy