SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : FEATURED SERMON: "Modern American Christianity" by Paul Washer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 FEATURED SERMON: "Modern American Christianity" by Paul Washer

[b]FEATURED SERMON: "Modern American Christianity" Paul Washer[/b]

Modern American Christianity
LISTEN TO THIS MESSAGE! It brings eternity and the true faith of Christ into our view. A very pointed sermon that cuts through the overlay of false profession in the Church. Paul Washer humbly yet with boldness speaks forth as the Oracles of God to a crowd of 5000 baptist youth. Would be to God that more would speeak with a clear conscience of true Christian virtue and repentance.

2006/7/14 4:55Profile

Re:

Is this the shocking youth message?

2006/7/14 5:01
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Is this the shocking youth message?

Yes, after some consideration I have changed the title of the message. I think it is more suitable and less of a flamboyant title to attract attention. I think the content of the message speaks for itself. I am praying many will hear this message and spread it to many via the email newsletter that will be sent out and the featured spot on sermonindex.

2006/7/14 5:04Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I got up a great 5 part series by Paul Washer that is very similar to this featured message and goes into more depth:

SE pt1 - What's Wrong With American 'christianity'
SE pt2 - What is the Grace of the Gospel?
SE pt3 - How Can You Have Assurance?
SE pt4 - The Holiness of God
SE pt5 - Practical Holiness

2006/7/17 1:40Profile
OverSeer

Geneva, Alabama

Re: FEATURED SERMON: "Modern American Christianity" by Paul Washer

This message is a powerful rebuke to the false gospel of "easy-believism" that is rampant in American Christianity. We are burning 100 copies to give to the almost 100 new students coming to the Baptist College of Florida on August 8, 2006. Keep up the good work of indexing powerful sermons from men who are lovers of the truth. As Paris Reidhead so powerfully put it in [i]Ten Shekels and a Shirt[/i], "May the Lamb that was slain receive the reward of His suffering."

Grace and peace
Olan

2006/7/17 16:07Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
We are burning 100 copies to give to the almost 100 new students coming to the Baptist College of Florida on August 8, 2006.

Praise God.

2006/7/30 19:33Profile
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

Brethren,

Of the six copies of this sermon that I handed out at church; I had received pretty positive feedback.

One older woman told me she thought Paul was exalting himself in the message. I told her that I disagreed with that. I explained that his tone was coming from a place of being fed up with up with this pretend Christianity we have here in North America.

It worries me that anyone would find a problem with this message.

This message is as close to God's heart that I have heard in a looooong time.

Murray

2006/7/30 22:24Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Of the six copies of this sermon that I handed out at church; I had received pretty positive feedback.

Praise God, I recommend people burn copies of many of the good sermons at sermonindex and spread them around to pastors, friends, church members.

Here is a few great comments about this sermon:

Elisabeth Freydack from Emonton, Canada (8/13/2006) writes:
Great Sermon! — This message should not just be directed at the youth, but to those of us who have been facilitating their behavior in our churches. I'm closing in on 50, and there were parts of this message that brought me to my knees in conviction. Glory to God that I heard this when I did.

ANONYMOUS (8/12/2006) writes:
Great Sermon! — THIS MESSAGE IS NOT ONLY FOR AMERICA. SINGAPORE HAS TO HEAR THIS MESSAGE AND TAKE HEED.

2006/8/18 0:46Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

joan gennaro from costa mesa ca. (8/11/2006) writes:
Great Sermon! — Many years ago I found myself screaming out to God in my bedroom.."Would somebody please do something!" I have seen, I have seen this reproachable behaviour long enough. Unfortunately, His people love to have it so. I think that there are many of us like you out here with broken hearts at even the men and women who are so-called pastors and teachers loving people right into the iron gates of hell, and politely holding the door open for them. There is a true famine of the hearing of the Word. We, over here are doing what we can. And I must say you did an excellent job in dashing down these false foudations of conversion. I love what Smith wigglesworth said, "If you leave people as you found them, God is not speaking by you. If you are not making people mad or glad, there is something amiss with your ministry, if there is not a war on it's a bad job for you." The Lord is your Greatest blessing and truest reward...thank you..jg

Alan Low from Penang, Malaysia (8/10/2006) writes:
Wake the Spiritually Dead!! — This message from Paul Washer not only speaks to people who deceive themselves into thinking they are Christians because of their "sinners prayer" recitation but also speaks to us bible believing Christians to take up the challenge to speak forth this message to our own congregations, small groups and personal contacts. The fact that the Gospel of Christ has been watered down and 'cheapened' surely brings sadness to our Lord and Saviour, who gave His all to save us. It is disgraceful to know that many evangelists are guilty of this crime. They often invite people to give their lives to God without asking them to repent of their sins. Who would refuse great blessings if that's the only thing that is talked about and offered? The 'false Gospel' of a supposedly guaranteed ticket to heaven needs to be stopped in order to save an entire generation of 'false proclaiming Christians'. We all need to know how to preach the Gospel of Christ to sinners without holding back the truth of the need to repent of sins. Who are they giving their lives to? To Satan, who has lied and made them believe that they are 'saved' and that they can continue to wallow in darkness, sin and love the world. I plead to his church overside to "Reinvite Paul Washer" to speak to us again!!

Pastor Armando C. Flores from Rockford Ill. 61109 (8/8/2006) writes:
America needs to hear this meassage! — It is sad that many Christians today cannot bear this kind of preaching.

2006/8/18 0:48Profile
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

Greg,

I burned ten more of "Modern American Chrisianity" and ten of "Regeneration and Self Denial". I am handing them out as a package, a sort of spiritual one, two punch if you will.

I am so glad I am being awakened to true Christianity. Thank God for this kind of preaching!

Murray

2006/8/18 1:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy