Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Hi

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sevenplaces4all

Orange County, CA

Hi

Hey I just registered for the site because i heard about it from Chanin... I believe her username on here is "moreofhim" because I am on her e-mail list and she said this was a cool site so I checked it out. I'm excited to participate in some of the discussions on the site in the coming months. A little bit about myself...

I am 18, almost 19, and live in southern california. I am a first year student at Chapman University in Orange, CA. I am majoring in Business and am also in the University Honors program. I'm in a long term relationship with a wonderful girl named Jennifer, we're coming up on a year of being "official." I played basketball for 4 years in high school, leading the team in 3-pointers. Our team was ranked #7 on the entire west coast (CA, OR, AZ, NV, WA) at one point. I grew up in a Christian home but we stopped going to church when I was about 8 because of controversy within the church as well as my basketball games being played on sundays. I recommitted my life to Christ during my senior year of high school and have been growing ever since.

See ya around,
Mike

2004/1/13 15:37Profile
sevenplaces4all

Orange County, CA

Re: Hi

I forgot to say what my name means...

"Sevenplaces4all" refers to the seven places that Jesus bled from on his body.

#1 and #2 - He bled from his hands to forgive us for the sins that we have committed with our hands

#3 and #4 - He bled from his feet to forgive us for the places that we should not have walked

#5 - He bled from his head to forgive us for the things we should not have thought about

#6 - He bled from his back to forgive us for the times we have turned our backs on him

#7 - He bled from his side, which was really from his heart, to allow our hardened hearts to be softened.

2004/1/13 15:43Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Hey I just registered for the site because i heard about it from Chanin...

Hey Mike, thats awesome!

Quote:
played basketball for 4 years in high school, leading the team in 3-pointers.

I used to play alot of basketball still do once a week, I am 6,6 but I still have a really good three-pointer shot ;-) (aka larry bird.. lol).

Quote:
I recommitted my life to Christ during my senior year of high school and have been growing ever since.

Praise God, I hope you get a chance to listen to some of the sermons on the site. And I am looking forward to hearing more from you in the forums. If you are looking for a place to start in the audio sermons try this one:
[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=2903]Revival Hymn (Compilation)[/url]

2004/1/13 16:15Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Hey Mike,

Glad you stopped by. Hope things are going great!

You'll love the Revival Hymn, if you haven't heard it already.

So you really do read my messages! Just kiddin' :-D

In Him, Chanin

2004/1/13 16:46Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Cool name! Hey...maybe we can play some bball one day! :) I played in high school -- and I still play some intervarsity games here at our University. We have a Chi Alpha Christian Fellowship team that plays each spring in our college league.

Anyway -- welcome to the site! Another college student told me about it, and I have enjoyed it greatly! I love downloading the messages, as well as reading through the comments and thoughts of others.

Keep the faith...and keep it STRONG!

Jeremiah 29:11-13

2004/1/14 0:22Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy