SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Testimonies of Spirit Baptism

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Testimonies of Spirit Baptism

I am looking for sermons of the pastors that we love so much, that contain their personal testimony of the baptism of the Holy Ghost. Not so much the teaching, but the personal experience.

I already have heard:

Duncan Campbell: 'His Testimony and Conversion'

...but would like to hear Ravenhill's and others.

I have heard the sermon by J Edwin Orr that describes his blessing of the Holy Spirit, but I lost track of it.

I am also familiar with the text testimonies of Moody, Finney, Wigglesworth, Roberts, etc. Would like to hear more, especially the audio messages.

Thanks ahead of time, brothers and sisters.

2006/7/13 15:56Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: Testimonies of Spirit Baptism

Hi dear brother,
How are you?

Have you heard some of these powerful testemonies:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4227]My Godly Father[/url]
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4228]Personal Testemony[/url]
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=8185]My Godly Father In-law[/url]
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=10738]The Testemony of Will MacFarlane[/url]

all by Keith Daniel

[u]Be prepared to be shaken from the ground.[/u]

God bless you.
Kire

2006/7/13 19:06Profile
Combat_Chuck

Re:

Art Katz mentions his here,

Quote:
I have also been greatly shaped by experiencing the baptism of the Holy Spirit. I once had a great experience, probably the profoundest in God, in preparing the message on mercy. In Ma Brogger’s trailer up at the farm, the Lord lifted the veil, so much as a crack, and beams of light came forth in such a way that I was found two hours later when she returned with a friend, stretched out on the floor, on my face and unable to move. I was surrounded by wads of soaking kleenexes from my tears, and she went right to the phone to call for an ambulance; I could only gesture that it was not necessary, but I could not speak, I was so overcome by the power and the glory that had issued from this little crack of God’s revelation. Finally, they put me up on a seat, and I tried to explain what had happened. It was now time for me to speak, so they wanted to drive me down to the camp. I said that I could not get into a car, nor could I even ride on my bike. I could not touch anything made by man, and I could not even walk down the regular road to the camp; I said that I had to go the back way, so as to not see anyone before I went up onto the platform. That is how profound an experience that was.

source:
http://benisrael.org/articles/art_biog_interv.htm

2006/7/13 20:43Profile
Wildhorse

Australia

Any care to explain what you mean by experiences of spirit baptism?

You are baptised with the spirit when you first put your faith in Christ....?

Michael

2006/7/13 23:41Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Outstanding, Chuck.

Fair statement, wildhorse. If that is true, explain the difference between Jesus breathing the Holy Ghost on the disciples in John 20:22, and the experience of Acts 2.

2006/7/14 21:02Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Dear brothers and sisters,

I found the answer to my own question years later. Orr's testimony of having an experience of the Holy Ghost is here:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?commentView=itemComments&lid=148

Reading my old post, I should have explained, in humility, what is meant by a testimony of being baptized by the Holy Ghost. Orr explained it very well in the above testimony. Though he was saved, he felt a great need in his life, and felt that there was a cloud between him and God. After searching his heart, he talks of an experience that he rarely mentioned. He believes he was then given the gift of faith.

R A Torrey discussed in "Why God Used D. L. Moody" that Moody said the following to him: "Torrey, I want you to preach on the baptism with the Holy Ghost." There is much material on Torrey and Moody and being baptized by the Holy Spirit, including the fact that Moody did not understand what that meant when he was told about it.

According to Torrey: "(Mr. Moody very seldom told this and I almost hesitate to tell it) and in the midst of the bustle and hurry of that city his prayer was answered; the power of God fell upon him as he walked up the street and he had to hurry off to the house of a friend and ask that he might have a room by himself, and in that room he stayed alone for hours; and the Holy Ghost came upon him filling his soul with such joy that at last he had to ask God to withhold His hand, lest he die on the spot from very joy."

I think Paul Washer has a similar testimony. If I find it I will post the link.

God bless,
Hal

2012/4/14 12:56Profile
yuehan

This thread has a nice compilation of testimonies:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=34158&forum=36&9

This sketch of John Sung includes his baptismal experience:

http://www.gfamissions.org/missionary-biographies/sung-john-1901-1944.html

I once read online about Hudson Taylor's baptismal experience, but I have difficulty locating the resource now. I hope that the validity of this story can be confirmed, but I know of others who have came across this account too.

2012/4/14 13:47Profile
elias7291

Los Angeles

Carter Conlon mentions it in his testimony. He speaks of that power giving him strength to speak up for the gospel.

"he lives in me" by carter conlon

2012/4/14 15:51Profile
brodav9

Sylacauga Alabama

Re: tstimony

Just today cam to undrstand what I believe was my first words in tongues. omni--one---Allah---God----not makeilah, but maquilah. sorry for th spelling but the word is Hebrew for the word of God. I don't understand everything but a Arab friend started crying when I said this to him. He said I understand what you are saying. I didn't know a thing.

Many people who speak in tongues never give a testimony of what was the results of their speaking tongues. This is why they have no influence on the hearers.

God has saved many people from death from my praying. Not bragging here just a testimony. Tongues is the power of God.

when you are in a difficult situation you will find that praying in tongues brings super peace.

Witches warlocks and other occult people also pray in tongues---make sure you have th right thing. The devil takes holy things of God and mocks them for favor with Satan. To do so is a position of ownrship of the devil who can snuff you out if he wants to.

He destroyed my parents who went to church and were also worshipping Satan. They belonged to a popular secrt society. Mom was really into occult things at home. I was larning to be a heavy metal rock star, who when he went to bed at night --every night dreaming of death and black blood. It was the red blood of Jesus that set me free.

2012/4/23 14:18Profile
Tirzahjoy

Ontario, Canada

Re: searching

would you mind explaining what praying in tongues means? I'd love some answers!!!

2012/4/23 15:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy