SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prayer request

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
BradW

Edmonton, AB, Canada

Prayer request

Saints,

I humbly ask that at some time in your prayers, you would pray for my sister, Colleen.

My wife and I were worried that she may be in the first stages of making a terrible mistake and my wife met with her yesterday to discuss it and to bring God's light on the matter. My sister is not saved.

She is absolutely taken in and blinded by New Age doctrines (especially those presented in The Celestine Prophecy), Wicca, and the belief that what she believes is what matters. There is a huge issue of pride that she has and feels that she is different than everyone else and that absolutely no one has any right to tell her what to do, how to live her life, or that what she believes is wrong. Apparently, she used the phrase "To me" a significant number of times in describing her god and beliefs. (reminiscent of The Way of the Master's teaching on idolatry)

Lindsay (my wife) says that of the many things my sister said, one of the biggest things that came across is that she thinks that anyone who becomes a Christian is really brainwashed! She thinks that I've been brainwashed because I became a Christian at a very low point in my life. She feels that being a Christian makes one weak. She mentioned this as my wife talked about trusting God to direct our lives and ministry. Colleen has been to my church twice (my baptism [for about 5 minutes] and wedding) and she said that even the surrender shown by lifting hands shows weakness and made her extremely uncomfortable.

I know that she is no different than any other sinner, today or in Bible times, but it absolutely breaks my heart to see her so blind to her bondage, entrenched in deceit, and willingly walking the broad path that leads to destruction. I pray that our Lord will have mercy on her as He breaks her.

Brothers and Sisters, I covet your prayers very much as I yearn to see our Lord glorified in the testimony He is making in her.

In Christ,
Brad.

2006/7/13 10:43Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: Prayer request

Brother Brad, I will pray for your sister, Colleen. May the Lord lift the veil and grant her repentance. I know what it's like to have unsaved family members. May I, in turn, ask you to pray for my beloved mother? She's a student of Kabbalah. Her name is Naomi. Oh, Lord! Save our loved ones! Open their eyes to the truth of Jesus Christ! We beesech you to have mercy on them, reveal unto them the wondrous cross, save them, oh righteous Father!

I will pray for your precious sister, Brad.

Brother Paul

2006/7/13 10:58Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Brad and Paul...

I am praying for both of these situations. Please keep us informed of the progress.

:-)

2006/7/13 11:07Profile
dohzman

I will wait on the Lord and lift up my voice to the God who hears. God Bless

2006/7/13 11:24Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

I will pray for Coleen. My Brother Jeff calls himself an Agnostic, my dad is into the New Age stuff, but not witchcraft, more the reincarnation junk, my mom thinks she is saved, but has no relationship with our Savior, so I understand the pain of unsaved loved ones.

Oh, Lord God, open the eyes of our deceived, rebellious family members, to the Truth of Life through Jesus Christ alone!

2006/7/13 11:27Profile
BradW

Edmonton, AB, Canada

Re:

Paul,

I come into agreement with you for your mother and our loved ones.

Thank you all for your prayers.
Brad.

2006/7/13 11:28Profile
BradW

Edmonton, AB, Canada

Re:

The only thing I can pray is "God have mercy as You break them"...and us for that matter.

2006/7/13 11:30Profile
Nellie

Re:

Brad,
I ask God, through the Blood of Jesus, to save Coleen, and all our Family Members who are lost.
God Bles
Nellie

2006/7/13 21:54Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy