Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Studying Faith

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

1 Corinthians 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus , who of God is made unto us wisdom , and righteousness , and sanctification , and redemption :

There is a difference in imputed righteousness and being made righteous.

"Who of God is made": "Made" 1096. ginomai
Search for G1096 in KJVSL
ginomai ginomai ghin'-om-ahee

a prolongation and middle voice form of a primary verb; to cause to be ("gen"-erate), i.e. (reflexively) to become (come into being), used with great latitude (literal, figurative, intensive, etc.):--arise, be assembled, be(-come, -fall, -have self), be brought (to pass), (be) come (to pass), continue, be divided, draw, be ended, fall, be finished, follow, be found, be fulfilled, + God forbid, grow, happen, have, be kept, be made, be married, be ordained to be, partake, pass, be performed, be published, require, seem, be showed, X soon as it was, sound, be taken, be turned, use, wax, will, would, be wrought.

Romans 4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness .

Imputed: 3049. logizomai
Search for G3049 in KJVSL
logizomai logizomai log-id'-zom-ahee

middle voice from 3056; to take an inventory, i.e. estimate (literally or figuratively):--conclude, (ac-)count (of), + despise, esteem, impute, lay, number, reason, reckon, suppose, think (on)

Again: James 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith , Abraham believed God , and it was imputed unto him for righteousness : and he was called the Friend of God .

Imputed righteousness makes Abraham a friend of God. Being "made" righteous by Jesus Christ makes us son's of God, Galatians 4:5-7 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. Being birthed by our Father with the Incorruptable Seed of Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 1:22-23 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

As always, Who is the Word of God? The subject of discourse, Jesus Christ.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/7/26 15:46Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Heb 11:9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
Heb 11:10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Faith is the evidence of things not seen. Faith is seeing the eternal or at least it should be. Many today demand things from God and call it faith. I wonder if when I was young if I jumped up and down and told my mother, “I want it now!” if someone would call that a trusting and loving relationship. I doubt it. It sounds more like using God as a principle to get what you want rather than worshiping the Prince of Peace. Faith is a sojourning, a pilgrimage in the promises of God while looking for that Eternal City.

It seems that many today do not have an eternal mindset, and in turn do not look for anything that is beyond today. We may thank God for our daily bread, but rarely do we long for the Living Bread of Heaven (John 6:51) to meet us in the air (1 Thes 4:17). Even among those that want Christ to come many only want Him to come for their benefit. They want out of the mess they are in- this sinful world. Very few long for His coming so that He may be glorified. His coming will bring Him His much deserved glory. It will be beneficial to us, but our eye must be set upon Him. If our eye is fully aimed at us it is humanism, not Christianity. I have found that when I “seek those things which are above” the things that are on this earth fall right into place.

Do we really long for that Eternal City, where we may worship Him undistracted? Or would we rather groan that we would get something today? Paul had to have had this pilgrim mindset or how could he have said, “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory?”

It amazed me how the things of the Spirit, can seem to us not to be possible, but they are. To have an eternal mind we must deny ourselves today. Even with that we cannot look at eternity through the lenses of today, but we must see today through the lenses of eternity. There is a huge difference. Do you see it? Think about it for a moment.

2006/8/8 21:20Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

His Faith in us is seeing the eternal; Our faith is seeking only the earthly. Lord come quickly and get me out of this mess. Earthly.

Lord come quickly that we might glorify You in Heaven by the finished work you did on the Cross.
Heavenly.

May we see Him by His Faith and Loving our Father the way He did with the Faith of the Son of God.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/8/9 0:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy