SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Church History Project

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

Hi Greg,
I like Hulseys way better. I'd kind of like to get a feel for who these people were, and what they were like as people. As opposed to just having some basics on them.
Clutch

2004/2/12 7:24Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I have been curious about something for many years and I think sermonindex may provide the solution. I would like to compile a database of the dates of preachers and teachers who have made significant contributions to the church of God. I have a hunch that God moves in waves and that truth has its high seasons in many places at the same time.

This was part of the original post by Ron (philogos) in which he wanted to get a general overview of high and low times in spirituality by charting out all the influncential men of God though the ages.

Quote:
eg A W Tozer - borndate-glorydate - very brief bio.

He stated he wanted a brief bio because I am assumming there would be many as in 1000's of people who he wanted to compile. And we also touched on the fact of trying to create relationships between the various speakers, like which men of God shaped others and who was in relationship with who. This type of information is not as incumbrant upon detailed biographical information but rather pointed facts about the person and his relationships.

Quote:
I like Hulseys way better. I'd kind of like to get a feel for who these people were, and what they were like as people. As opposed to just having some basics on them.

Very true that you can get a better feel for the person, but in my opinion it would be hard to do as a good job as Husley did for all the 1000's of speakers we are theoreticly going to be doing. Its really up to Ron (philogos) im just stating my 2 cents.. or maybe 5 cents.. hey I am worth more than that.. ok a loonie (hmm do you fellows know that a loonie is? its a currency amount lets start from there :-P )

2004/2/12 7:32Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

Relax Greg,Ron owes me.
I just saved him from a lynch mob down here in Georgia.

You said:
"Its really up to Ron (philogos) im just stating my 2 cents.. or maybe 5 cents.. hey I am worth more than that.. ok a loonie (hmm do you fellows know that a loonie is?"

I"ve run across a "couple"( Humpty Dumpty language) of those on both sides of the Atlantic.
Clutch :-D

2004/2/12 8:19Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

The example I gave would take a considerable amount of research. It would also give me yet another excuse to buy more books :-D .

2004/2/12 8:40Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
The example I gave would take a considerable amount of research. It would also give me yet another excuse to buy more books

On that point, I was talking to a friend and there are some books that have already done what we are talking about. But not on a large scale! So it might be good to gleam some information from these sources. It would be amazing to have a database of 10,000's of famous preachers in the end that is searchable online. :-o

2004/2/18 6:59Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Did this ever come to pass??? I would love to see it.. or if it hasn't would love to help I anyway I can. I have experience with MS Access... and I'm sure there are others here that could help too.

2005/8/3 15:27Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy