Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Paul Washer Compilation

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
tacklebox

Roanoke Rapids, NC

Paul Washer Compilation

If you've heard the searing sermon by Paul Washer that's been heralded as a Ravenhill-esque call to Biblical repentance and faith, check out this compilation:

http://tackleboxministries.com/MP3/Know%20U%20R%20Saved.mp3

NOTE: Some in the past have questioned the use of copyrighted music in compilations, so in order to stand blameless before God and man, and to avoid all apearances of evil, I used my own sequencing of Barber's Adagio for Strings as well as a cue I wrote and scored for a student film.

2006/7/10 22:14Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re: Paul Washer Compilation

Thanks for making this, this is a really powerful message

2006/7/11 0:20Profile
Combat_Chuck

Quote:

NOTE: Some in the past have questioned the use of copyrighted music in compilations, so in order to stand blameless before God and man, and to avoid all apearances of evil, I used my own sequencing of Barber's Adagio for Strings as well as a cue I wrote and scored for a student film.

I respect you very much for this.

(Not to hijack the thread, but as far as i'm concerned, using copyrighted music without permission is illegal and theft. This is why I get so dissapointed when somebody makes an awesome compilation and then ruins it by using stolen music within.)

I respect and thank you for this.

God bless,
Adam

2006/7/11 0:37Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Quote:

Yes, bless you, brother, for doing it the right way. Clean hands and pure heart!

2006/7/11 3:54Profile
tacklebox

Roanoke Rapids, NC

Re:

The copyright laws are very strict, mainly to ensure that the artsists and recording companies will have the upper-hand in disputes, but we are called to live our lives blameless and obey the laws of the land so as not to give the lost reason to blaspheme.

I admit it is very hard to find copyright free music to do compilations, but we all might be surprised how many rising artists will allow you to use their music (and computers have allowed the quality of such music to be excellent.) If an artist gives you permission, then there is no lawbreaking. Perhaps offer to provide a link to their email or website wherever the compilation is posted online to intice them into letting you use their music.

Since I don't have much time to write anymore, I will probably have to use this method for a while. It takes time, but we really should make sure that we are being righteous when doing something for God.

:-)

2006/7/11 9:04Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

It was excellent! Thank you for sharing.

2006/7/11 15:54Profile
roadsign

Re: great job

Good job!!!! And good selection of music too!

Quote:
I admit it is very hard to find copyright free music to do compilations,

Here’s something to think about:
Just like the Bible, there is a lot of great music that can be reproduced freely.
Also, like good theological writings, some of the best music is not trendy and never was meant to be - but you have to look hard to find it (it’s not popular).

One more thought:
When presenting a message about not following the world, doesn’t it makes sense to choose music that does not mimic the trends of the world?
Diane

2006/7/11 16:03Profile
tacklebox

Roanoke Rapids, NC

Re:

I emailed a link to Mr. Washer. In his reply, he commented on how pleasantly surprised he is over how much the message has spread and how God is using it to move so many people. He asked that we pray for God to use him more and that he would reamin humble. :-)

Glad to see that it's this month's featured sermon!

2006/7/16 9:25Profile
tacklebox

Roanoke Rapids, NC

Re:

Some people have asked me how to contact Mr. Washer. I even accidentally deleted TEARSOFJOY's PM to me (sorry) instead of replying. Here's how to contact Mr. Washer:

http://www.heartcrymissionary.com/modules.php?name=Feedback

2006/7/17 0:31Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

Thank you brother!

The words I will never forget from this sermon are simple but striking. He utters them in response to the applause he gets from the congretation as he exposes the deception that praying a prayer will save and secure us for the rest of eternity. He gets a wonderful applause but reacts by saying:

"I don't know why you're clapping. I'm talking about you!"

2006/7/19 16:16Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy