SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Any great bible schools out there?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
ChristMyLife

Re: Any great bible schools out there?

Do you have to go to bible college to be in ministry? I mean like a pastor of a church or a youth pastor.

2006/7/11 12:48Profile

Re:

No

2006/7/11 12:53
Combat_Chuck

Re:

only if you want to make lots of money

2006/7/11 13:17Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Have you looked into "Bush" university? The tuition is free. ;-)

2006/7/11 13:41Profile
DerekSpalla

Powder Springs, Georgia

Re: College = Pastor?

I'll tell you what I have been told. When I discussed going back t college to be a pastor, my pastor told me that the only thing seminary was really good for were the contacts that you make there...that the book knowledge I could get on my own.

With that said, I think it would be a lot easier to go to college and get a degree in pastoral ministry. Here in the States, I have had a harder time breaking into ministry because my degree is in education.

Finally, I would find a pastor/mentor that is willing to spend time feeding into your life and willing to support you through the training stages. Someone that will let you get your feet wet.

Kind Regards,

Derek

2006/7/11 15:17Profile
ChristMyLife

Re:

I am at a University right now and I'm graduating in May 2007. I do know that God has called me to minister in the workplace, and I know that later on in my life God is going to move me into full-time leadership. So, I've just been wondering and praying if I should go ahead after I graduate and get a degree in ministry so that when God does call me into full-time ministry I will have a degree. But if I don't need a degree then I just want to go straight into the marketplace. Because I really don't want to go to a cemetery (I mean seminary). But if God wants me to go I will go.

2006/7/11 16:32Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

I don't know much about the FIRE school, but I have listened to Mike Brown's teachings. I don't know about weird manifestations, but I do know that the man teaches sermons about dying to self, being set apart from the world, doing God's will...etc. None of his sermons have ever encouraged me to leave the faith, become lukewarm, look or act like the world. Leonard Ravenhill was his mentor as well. Do you think Ravenhill would condone that stuff?

some of his sermon titles are:
Called to Die
Are you Backsliding?
Enough is Enough
Little Foxes and Big Sins
Take up your cross
Others can, You can't

all of these encourage a deeper relationship with God.

Some of his audios are on this website: http://www.icnministries.org/revival/audio.htm

perhaps you could hear some of his teachings and decide for yourself if he is a false teacher or not.

sorry if my tone sounds harsh, I didn't intend to :P

2006/7/11 16:34Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
I do know that the man teaches sermons about dying to self, being set apart from the world, doing God's will...etc. None of his sermons have ever encouraged me to leave the faith, become lukewarm, look or act like the world.

I agree! I've listened to quite a few of his sermons and have read his "Jewish Objections to Jesus" books. I've never discerned anything remotely heretical about Mike Brown's ministry. I think people give him a bad rap because he's linked to Brownsville. Big deal. I've been blessed by Steve Hill's messages. Hill was endorsed by Ravenhill. People made a big deal about the manifestations, and said "This can't be of God!" yet if they saw some of the manifestations that took place during the early Salvation Army prayer meetings (like unsaved men floating in mid-air over the crowd and dropping at the altar), they'd think they were in a demonic seance! People freak out when certain things don't fit into their preconceived theological frameworks (I know I'm sometimes guilty of this!).

We ought to be careful with how readily we label people here as "false brethren" and "heretics"; remember, the church crowd said the same thing about Wesley and Booth and Fox in their days.

2006/7/11 19:18Profile
DerekSpalla

Powder Springs, Georgia

Re: College = Pastor?

Quote:
We ought to be careful with how readily we label people here as "false brethren" and "heretics"; remember, the church crowd said the same thing about Wesley and Booth and Fox in their days.

Nicely said and it's true. True in Jesus' time as well.

We are all called to minister where we are and to make disciples. Being called to be a pastor is a different calling. Since you are about to graduate, a ministry school, like what has been mentioned would be better. Francis Frangipane has a good training school that can be done from home and that isn't expensive. You can even be ordained through it after completion of level 2. I've taken the level one training and it is excellent. It would be a good addition to any degree or further training you might take. It's called [url=http://www.icitc.org/]In Christ's Image Training[/url].

Kind Regards,

Derek

2006/7/11 22:50Profile
BRudel

USA-West/mountain state

Re:

Since when did it become necessary for man to ordain God's ministers?

If you read the books of that uneducated and probably, 'not the sharpest knife in the drawer' type, Peter, you know THAT man can put two words together really well. How Supremely intelligent are his writings. So, from a mere laborer to a scholar by the unction of the Holy Ghost, seems likely. Re read Peter.

If money, position and standing are of import, then get that degree, get that ordination. If you have a calling of the Lord on your life, if you are burdened for the lost or have an ability to help someone along their way, do so-preach!

Regards,
-Brudel

2006/7/12 21:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy