Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Self-Intrest

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Self-Intrest

I was reading the Scriptures yesterday and came across something I really never noticed before, it startled me and took me back abit. I think it ties in with the theme of revival when all of our intrests lay on Jesus Christ Himself and nothing else.

[b]Philippians 2:20-21 (niv)[/b] - I have no one else like him, who takes a genuine interest in your welfare. For everyone looks out for his own interests, not those of Jesus Christ.

Its amazing that Paul the Apostle declares 'I have no one else like him' referring to Timothy His son and disciple in the faith. For Timothy was so God councious and God-given that the things of the world had grown strangely dim to him. His total intrests where absorbing in Jesus Christ and in Him alone. Surely this speaks of a revived soul when all his intrests lay on the divine alone. Lord send us revival in our hearts that 'we may see Jesus' and may see Him alone.

2004/1/13 6:57Profile
moreofHim

Re: Self-Intrest

Greg, I know this exact feeling- this otherworldly feeling. But it is very hard to keep this feeling or viewpoint 100% of the time because we are still human beings. I am working on it. :-) Here's something I wrote about feeling "otherwordly" and the struggle of it.

It is so hard to walk around in this flesh body and operate as a “human”, but in my spirit wanting to be all pleasing to You. All of me wants to be otherworldly- for I feel this way in my heart- yet I am stuck as a human being having to do the best I can, daily crucifying my “self”, the flesh. May this be enough for You, dear Lord. May I please You every day of my life on this earth in this earthen vessel. Amen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ephesians 2:19 "Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,"

Psalm 119:19 "I am a stranger in the earth; do not hide your commandments from me."

John 18:36 "Jesus answered, 'My kingdom is not of this world.'"

Romans 12:2 "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind..."

2004/1/13 8:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy