SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : First Posting

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
12worship

SE Texas

First Posting

Years ago (mid '80s?) a friend of mine and I got to hear Leonard Ravenhill on two occasions. One was in Lindale, TX, during a Youth With A Mission (YWAM) Mission's Conference. They called it a Jesus Go-Fest. Ravenhill was not at the Conference but teaching a Bible study one evening on the grounds of Last Days Ministries. He stated that while others were having a Go-Fest we would have a Go-Feast. The other time we heard Brother Ravenhill was at our church. He was with us several days and would speak up to 1 to 2 hours at a time. He would have to sit down during his message but never stopped preaching. He is one of those men who can say more in five minutes than most can in a hour. And, after he had spoken for an hour and a half it seemed as if only ten minutes had gone by. I have a few cassette tape messages by Ravenhill from Last Days Ministries and have all but worn them out. How grateful I am that the same friend from the mid '80s found this site and told me about it. I wonder if this site will offer CD or DVD collections of the various preachers. I would gladly pay to have a copy of the audio/video of Ravenhill listed on this site. My dial up (all that's available where I live) takes a long time to download files but I am so excited that I can see and hear many of these men of God that have gone on to be with the Lord. Praise the Lord!

2006/7/9 9:55Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: First Posting

Dear brother, welcome here, you are on right place!

I have always wondered watching the videos from brother Ravenhill - 'Where are those today who have been on these meetings, what are they doing now' What I can see from the videos there were a lot of young people. I believe many have had great impact. It would be great to hear more testemonies and impressions.

[b]He is one of those men who can say more in five minutes than most can in a hour. And, after he had spoken for an hour and a half it seemed as if only ten minutes had gone by.

![/b]

Quote:
How grateful I am that the same friend from the mid '80s found this site and told me about it.

Is this your friend active on this forum?

God bless you brother, we are looking forward to hear more from you.
Kire

2006/7/9 10:45Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I wonder if this site will offer CD or DVD collections of the various preachers. I would gladly pay to have a copy of the audio/video of Ravenhill listed on this site.

Brother,

Thank you for sharing your excellent stories of Ravenhill. As for getting CD/DVD copies, what is available on the site is for free download. A person with a high speed connection can download and burn the materials easily to CD. I would recommend to spend the money to get a highspeed trial at your home for a few months or get a friend to download the materials. At this time there is no service to send the CD/DVD's to people.

Glad you introduced yourself on the site, may God continue to bless you and encourage you in your faith. If you haven't yet listen to this life-chan ging recording by Paris Reidhead: Ten Shekels and a Shirt.

2006/7/9 12:59Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

If you go to www.ravenhill.org, you'll find some of his sermons on video (VHS) for purchase. A few years ago, my wife bought me the entire collection for a Christmas gift. All 17, including the final interview "A Man of God." This interview alone is worth the purchase price (something like $100.00 w/ shipping & handling). These tapes have been the greatest gift I've ever been given (other than my wife herself). I've watched all of them dozens of times, and after each viewing, I always come away with a deeper knowledge of the things of God and a more extreme burden to pray.

Btw, I see you're from SE Texas. I'm up in San Marcos. I've got dear friends in the Lord living in SE Texas. Which city are you in?

(To anyone on SI:) Please email me if you can't afford the price of the tapes; I'll dub you some copies (after I write Deborah Ravenhill and ask her permission). God's blessings to you in Jesus Christ our Lord,

Brother Paul West

2006/7/9 14:40Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Quote:
He is one of those men who can say more in five minutes than most can in a hour.

Too true

Welcome brother

2006/7/9 20:26Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy