SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What would you do?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
eagleswings

Connecticut, USA

Re: What would you do?

Scott writes:
"great quote and it describes exactly what the Lord has revealed to me over the past year....just some clarification--you start out quoting Marshall and then end with murray --which Marshall are you referring to?

The first paragraph is pure Murray. The second paragraph is Marshall’s own words, and Murray is quoting him.

Murray refers to him also in a footnote to his (Murray’s) chapter 9 Of “Abide in Christ”—‘As Your Sanctification’.

I’ve linked to chapter 9 of “Abide in Christ”. The note is at the end of the chapter.

http://worldinvisible.com/library/murray/5f00.0562/5f00.0562.09.htm

Murray does not give Marshall’s first name, but Marshall’s book was called “The Gospel Mystery of Sanctification”. I’ve been unable to locate the book.

Thanks so much, Scott, for sharing what He has been doing. May He continue ....

2004/1/17 6:14Profile
eagleswings

Connecticut, USA

Re: What would you do?

Brothers and sisters,
At the risk of being tedious,I ask you to consider the common factor in the following statements:

"I came back with such a cry from a recent overseas trip that the Gospel, the everlasting Gospel of Jesus Christ needs to be proclaimed, not so much to the world as, first, to the Church. It is amazing how few Christians know it; how few understand it; how few have been affected by it; how few are living in(the New Covenant) ...how many are living essential Old Covenant lives, bound and under the law ... ‘God gave His only-begotten Son, full of grace,’and how many of us have yet to taste that grace. Legalisms abound in a no-man’s land of religious frustration and defeat."
Art Katz "And They Crucified Him" (see post above).

"The thought that in the personal holiness of our Lord a new holy nature was formed to be communicated to us, and that we make use of it by faith, is the central idea of Marshall's invaluable work, The Gospel Mystery of Sanctification:" Murray (from chapter 9 of "Abide in Christ")

"One great mystery is, that the holy frame and disposition whereby our souls are furnished and enabled for immediate practice of the law, must be obtained by receiving it out of Christ's fulness, as a thing already prepared and brought to an existence for us in Christ, and treasured up in Him; and that, as we are justified by a righteousness wrought out in Christ, and imputed to us, so we are sanctified by such an holy frame and qualification as are first wrought out and completed in Christ for us, and then imparted to us. As our natural corruption was produced originally in the first Adam, and propagated from him to us, so our new nature and holiness is first produced in Christ, and derived from Him to us, or, as it were, propagated. So that we are not at all to work together with Christ in making or producing that holy frame in us, but only to take it to ourselves, and use it in our holy practice, as made ready to our hands. Thus we have fellowship with Christ, in receiving that holy frame of spirit that was originally in Him; for fellowship is where several persons have the same things in common. This mystery is so great, that notwithstanding all the light of the Gospel, we commonly think that we must get an holy frame by producing it anew in ourselves, and by pursuing it and working it out of our own heart" . Marshall (quoted by Murray in chapter 9 of Murray's "Abide in Christ"

Roger

2004/1/17 7:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy