SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : What would you do?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

Hi Mike,
You're in good company bro..In Romans Chapt. 7 the Apostle Paul lamented the same problems that you have spoken of. He said in II Cor. 12:7 that, " a mesenger of Satan" (a demon) had been sent to beat him up.
I believe that All disease has a spiritual root, and that it's not God that is putting these maladys on us.Also, based on scripture, I have to hold out for the fact that it's ALWAYS God's will to heal. :-)
You mentioned deliverance, and that is what you need. But, probably not in in way that you picture deliverance. That is, deliverance based on the modern models of ministry that we're familiar with. :-(
Pastor Henry Wright, of Pleasant Valley Church in Thomaston Ga. has written a book entitled " A More Excellent Way". If you apply the scriptural teachings contained in this book, it WILL help you. :-)
If you're interested, send me a private message with your mailing address, and I'll send you a copy. ;-)
Clutch 8-)

2004/1/15 7:17Profile
mellian

Re: What would you do?

one thing to believe that God cannot fail, and another to believe that you cannot fail.

-mellian

2004/1/15 8:36Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Bless you Clutch.
P.M. on the way...

Mike

2004/1/15 10:29Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

It is indeed one thing to believe and trust in God cannot fail to save to the utmost. To be anchored here is to be involved in the eternal purposes of God, which focuses on the establishing of a testimony of the Glory of the Son and the Lordship of the Son.

It is certainly another, very different thing to believe that man cannot fail. This stance has its root in vanity. It is man fully side-tracked, believing flesh to have capacity to survive the Cross of Christ.
Forgive me for being a bit blunt, but it is a matter of salvation or faith on its way being shipwrecked.

2004/1/15 10:58Profile
sdb

tucson

Re: A life of there own...

It is amazing to me sometimes how these forums gain a life of their own and the direction they go in....
5na wrote " there is no power in us to quit something like that because it is deep rooted. But Jesus can give you the power to do it."
I believe that with any sin or "stumbling block" in our walk, God will guide us to a position to come to the end of ourselves, and at that moment we will move aside and allow the Lord to work through us. Any time I have ever had God move dramatically (in my estimation)in my life is when I had reached the end of myself.....as far as Jesus giving us the "power" to do things, to overcome , to heal, to move mountains is a true misunderstanding in deed...God never gives us anything, but what we give God is the sacrifice of ourselves that He may work through us. Our true sacrifice is at the Cross, and the sacrifice is ourselves---then the Lord may freely move in our lives.
As far as what Lars had written originally, I will have to take time to truly pray about what the Lord is telling us...

;-) ;-) ;-)

2004/1/15 13:58Profile
eagleswings

Connecticut, USA

Quote:
Pastor Henry Wright, of Pleasant Valley Church in Thomaston Ga. has written a book entitled " A More Excellent Way".

There is a review of this book at
www.bible.org/docs/br/bookreview-01.htm

Roger

2004/1/15 17:30Profile
eagleswings

Connecticut, USA

Quote:
"Jesus Christ can give you the power to do it."

In his work on Sanctification, Marshall, in the twelfth chapter, on "Holiness through faith alone," puts with great force the danger in which the Christian is of seeking sanctification in the power of the flesh, "with the help of Christ", instead of looking for it to Christ alone, and receiving it from Him by faith. He reminds us how there are two natures in the believer, and so two ways of seeking holiness, according as we allow the principles of the one or other nature to guide us. The one is the carnal way, in which we put forth our utmost efforts and resolutions, trusting Christ to help us in doing so. The other the spiritual way, in which, as those who have died, and can do nothing, our one care is to receive Christ day by day, and at every step to let Him live and work in us.

"Despair of purging the flesh or natural man of its sinful lusts and inclinations, and of practising holiness by your willing sand resolving to do the best that lieth in your own power, and trusting on the grace of God and Christ to help you in such resolutions and endeavours. Rather resolve to trust on Christ to work in you to will and to do by His own power according to His own good pleasure. They that are convinced of their own sin and misery do commonly first think to tame the flesh, and to subdue and root out its lusts, and to make their corrupt nature to be better-natured and inclined to holiness by theirstruggling and wrestling with it; and if they can but bring their hearts to a full purpose and resolution to do the best that lieth in them, they hope that by such a resolution they shall be able to achieve great enterprises in the conquests of their lusts and performance of the most difficult duties. It is the great work of some zealous divines in their preachings and writings to stir up people to this resolution, wherein they place the chiefest turningpoint from sin to godliness. And they think that this is not contrary to the life of faith, because they trust in the grace of God through Christ to help them in all such resolutions and endeavours. Thus they endeavour to reform their old state, and to be made perfect in the flesh, instead of putting it off and walking according to the new state in Christ. They trust on low carnal thins for holiness, and upon the acts of their own will, their purposes, resolutions, and endeavours, instead of Christ; and they trust to Christ to help them in this carnal way; whereas true faith would teach them that they are nothing, and that they do but labour in vain."
Andrew Murray - "Abide in Christ"; footnote to chapter29 (Abide in Christ - And Not in Self)

Roger

2004/1/15 17:52Profile
eagleswings

Connecticut, USA

"I came back with such a cry from a recent overseas trip that the Gospel, the everlasting Gospel of Jesus Christ needs to be proclaimed, not so much to the world as, first, to the Church. It is amazing how few Christians know it; how few understand it; how few have been affected by it; how few are living in it; how many who call themselves “Christians” enjoying the benefits, so-called, of the New Covenant are living essential Old Covenant lives, bound and under the law, thinking that by their deeds they can somehow buy themselves something that could be called redemptive. Do you think only the Jews know the Law? Law is any attempt by men, through human effort, to earn for themselves a modicum of religious satisfaction, and acceptance with God. ‘God gave His only-begotten Son, full of grace,’ and how many of us have yet to taste that grace. Legalisms abound in a no-man’s land of religious frustration and defeat. Weary millions profess for doctrines realities which they never have experienced."
And they Crucified Him - Art Katz

A good place to begin to understand the New Covenant is with Andrew Murray's "The Holiest of All"; a remarkable verse-by-verse devotional expositon of the Letter to the Hebrews.

Roger

2004/1/15 18:16Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

There are other book reviews on " A More Excellent Way" on Amazon.com. Scroll down, and read the Customer Reviews section there.
Clutch :-)

2004/1/16 5:42Profile
sdb

tucson

Re: Marshall or Murray????

Roger, great quote and it describes exactly what the Lord has revealed to me over the past year....just some clarification--you start out quoting Marshall and then end with murray --which Marshall are you referring to? thanks scott

2004/1/17 3:44Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy