SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : What would you do?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
lwpray

Sweden

What would you do?

What would you do if you knew, really knew, that God cannot fail?
Think, think about it and pray...

2004/1/13 5:51Profile
eagleswings

Connecticut, USA

Re: What would you do?

If I really, REALLY knew?

I'd fall on my face in thanksgiving and worship.

I'm posting a new thread: "A Saviour to the Uttermost" by T.Austin-Sparks.

I'm posting it in response to Lars' question.

It begins like this:

"'Wherefore also He is able to save to the uttermost them that draw near unto God through Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them' (Heb. 7:25; RV).

"Howsoever viewed, this is a great and heartening statement. The ability of our Lord Jesus Christ to save at all times and in all circumstances is the sheet anchor of the faith of God's people. A SAVIOUR WHO NEVER FAILS, who can never be confronted with a situation too difficult for Him, is a fundamental necessity to all who are seeking to live to the glory of God in an end time, and who are, therefore, continually meeting the fierce and unceasing antagonism of the forces of darkness....."

Roger

2004/1/13 7:44Profile
moreofHim

Re:

I would Trust. Trust Him that I would be satisfied with what He has for me in every single area of my life.

"GOD IS MOST GLORIFIED WHEN WE ARE MOST SATISFIED IN HIM." J.Piper

But it takes trust.

~Chanin

2004/1/13 8:06Profile
lwpray

Sweden

An insight of this kind would bring infinite trust in the One who cannot fail
in a world which despises truth,
especially a truth of this category,
in a world which despises those who pursue truth

2004/1/14 7:56Profile
lwpray

Sweden

An insight of this kind would bring infinite trust in the One who cannot fail
in a world which despises truth,
especially a truth of this category,
in a world which despises those who pursue truth.

2004/1/14 7:57Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

I would cling to Him as if my life depended on Him. He would be my ever present thought.
To know Him, my consuming passion.
My goal to be like His Son, who was always about His Father's business.

If there is anything of reality that is striking to me of late, it would be the refreshing taste of truth, authenticity, that has been coming to these ears, eye's and more importantly spirit.

At the same time though is the almost desparingly realization of how far short I fail to live out these truths.

The words "I am not dead yet" have been echoing in my head for awhile now, not dead to myself, not fully surrendered.

Because of this stubborness, it is if the Lord has allowed me to wander about in this tension, waiting for me to make the first move. "Go to Nineveh", but I have refused.

Could it be that it is the last thing that I am holding on to? That He has asked for and I am willingly and yet unwillingly wrestling to let go of.

Enough with the illustration's...
Here is my problem.
Smoking.
I have no power in me to overcome this, that is in the flesh. What is it, 25 years now? It is a deep rooted bondage and it has to be dealt with.
My fear is that it will take some tragedy to come to an end of myself and I can only hope to avoid this by dealing with it before hand.
This may not sound like a big deal to many, but I will tell you that my will to not give this up is stronger than my will to be obedient to the Lord and that frightens me.
Miraculous deliverance? Always possible.
My sense, suffering.
I am not to that point yet, of surrender.
But I have to be.

I covet your prayers.

2004/1/14 12:00Profile
moreofHim

Re:

What do you think will happen to you if you try to quit? Pain? Extreme uncomfortableness?... Don't you think it is the fear of not being able to handle it?

Everything that we hold onto has to go. We have to only be relying on Him. If we cannot let it go- it is an idol. It is another "love".

I know exactly where you are coming from. He has dealt with me on this in more than one issue. It is so hard but He wants to see if you trust Him.

Trust Him.

My prayers are with you. Don't let the enemy get the best of this stronghold. Let God come out the victor in this one. :-)

Encouraging you all the way!!!

~Chanin

2004/1/14 12:14Profile
5nva

Re:

Mike (crschk):

I just wanted to share a couple of things with you. I'm sure you know everyhting I will say but I want you to be encouraged and free.

I want you to know that I myself struggled with smoking after I was saved. I would smoke, be very convicted, confess and go a while in what appeared to be victory for months and then, boom! fall again. I went in this same cycle for a few years. All I can say is I know I am free now but I don't have a formula. I simply got tired of sin and confess over the same thing I just cried out to God.

Another thing I know is that I was not in any company or fellowship with people who would say it's alright for me to smoke. If I had heard such a thing my freedom could have been hindered.

There is no power in us to quit something like that because it is deep rooted. But Jesus Christ can give you the power to do it. One scripture that comes to mind is that he who suffers in the flesh has ceased to sin. We must suffer in our flesh with something like this. It will be and is a death to self.

I know we can all give words to you but what we really need to do is pray with you. By confessing this to everyone you have opened the door for us to pray for you and with you. I will pray that God would first give you a hatred for it and then the freedom from it.

God bless you brother and keep clinging to Jesus!

Mike

2004/1/14 12:59Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
I have no power in me to overcome this, that is in the flesh. What is it, 25 years now? It is a deep rooted bondage and it has to be dealt with.

We stand back to back with you brother. May the Lord give you strength and peace.

He has been so faithful to me in delivering me from physical addictions. Two weeks after I was born of the Spirit the Lord showed me that I needed to quit smoking through a chance encounter with my pastor at a Christian bookstore. The Lord showed me how it hurt my testimony for Him. As I walked out of the bookstore I tossed my last pack of smokes in the garbage and by the grace of God I haven't touched one since. I had a 1 1/2 pack-a-day habit for 20 years, I could have never quit in my own power.

More recently the Lord showed me that I had a caffeine addiction and He gave me great grace in delivering me there as well, praise His name!

I don't want to be a slave to anything of this world. Let all captivity be turned over to Jesus.

You are in my prayers.

Ron

2004/1/14 18:09Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Thank you, all of you.
Your prayers mean so much to me.

Mike

2004/1/15 0:06Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.