Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Introduction - From DerekSpalla

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DerekSpalla

Powder Springs, Georgia

Introduction - From DerekSpalla

Hello Sermon Index and other listeners,

My name is Derek Spalla and I live with my family in Powder Springs, Georgia. I was turned onto the site by another user who is in a cell group with us.

My family and I are working towards being full-time missionaries in Southeast Asia. Currently our house is for sale and we will attend Bethany College of Missions in August 2007. We have our own blog to help keep people informed about what is going on with us, and I have even posted a couple of sermons by one of our pastors. If you're interested, go to http://kaminos.blogspot.com/

I'm looking forward to hearing some great sermons, praying for revival and having some awesome discussions.

Kind Regards,

Derek Spalla

2006/7/6 13:54Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re: Introduction - From DerekSpalla

Welcome Derek,

I enjoyed the references to George Mueller. It's a process to learn this life of faith and this is where God wants all of us to be versus being self-sufficient. Enjoy your time here on SI.

Could I ask which country you're going to? My wife is from S. Korea and there's a dear brother I met here who is in Thailand.

There's a dear sister on the site that is from Powder Springs that I talk with via email. Welcome to SI!

2006/7/6 14:13Profile
DerekSpalla

Powder Springs, Georgia

Re: Cambodia and beyond

Dear Ed,

I could not agree with you more, faith is a process. George Mueller has been a great encouragement recently. I am thankful to my wife for bringing him into our lives.

After a year at Bethany College of Missions, we will go to Cambodia for an 18 month internship, where we will be mentored by missionaries from the field.

We will return when the internship is complete and pray to God for the next steps. We feeled called to Southeast Asia, and I have a tremendous love for the Chinese. So somewhere in that area is where we feel we will end up.

Thanks for the question.

Kind Regards,

Derek
http://kaminos.blogspot.com/
[url=http://www.bcom.org/home/]Bethany College Of Missions[/url]

2006/7/6 15:46Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

Derek,

Will be in prayer and have been already for you and your wife. The Lord is going to answer the cry of your heart. I'm sitting here thinking about you and your wife and was looking through the Bible to give you a promise to hold on to and I would encourage you to read Psalms 91. Here are verses 14 & 15 from the KJV.

[b]14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.[/b]

[b]15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I [will be] with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.[/b]

I'm trusting Jesus to deliver you and your beloved wife. Feel free to drop me a line at your convenience and I stand by faith that the Lord is not going to let you sink. I'm praying that faith will rise in your heart as you wait for His deliverance.

Blessings to you Derek in the mighty name of Jesus, our Jehovah Jireh.

2006/7/7 10:09Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I'm looking forward to hearing some great sermons, praying for revival and having some awesome discussions.

Great to have you on the site dear brother. It seems you are in the right place for discussing revival and actively praying for it! If you haven't yet do check out this sermon by Paris Reidhead: Ten Shekels and a Shirt.

2006/7/7 11:43Profile
DerekSpalla

Powder Springs, Georgia

Re: What An Encouragement

Dear Ed,

Thank you so much for your words. I have been greatly encouraged and uplifted by them. Thanks too for Psalm 91, we have stood upon it many times and in particular verses 14 & 15.

It's nice have a confirmation. I will keep in touch and let you know how you can pray for us.

Once again, thank you.

Kind Regards,

Derek
http://kaminos.blogspot.com/

2006/7/9 18:11Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

A warm welcome Derek,

Someone that has recently been discussed of late is Paul Washer. Another brother here mentioned his ministry and found it very encouraging, might be of some interest to you.

http://www.heartcrymissionary.com/

Glad you are here brother, looking forward to your thoughts.

2006/7/9 19:54Profile
DerekSpalla

Powder Springs, Georgia

Re: Great Site

Dear Mike,

Thans for the warm welcome and the great website.

Kind Regards,

Derek

2006/7/10 7:47Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy